Exosuits

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by 630tiger, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Would you like to see exosuits in the game?

1. Yes, this sounds great!

248 vote(s)
    87.3%
  2. Yes, but not quite how you put it.

32 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. No, this doesn't have a place in Starbound.

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Void-Bound Voyager

Its an interesting idea but i would prefer the exos to be more like the ones in Call of duty Advanced Warfare as the ones your describing sound too much like mechs.

2. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe if there were different types of exo-suits, it could be a bit more balanced.

For example, a mining exosuit might come with a super-rapid short-range laser that can drill through blocks but
    does minimal damage to monsters, and might protect the player from lava and spikes at the expense of mobility
    and not allowing the player to swim because they're too heavy.

Oceanic exosuits might have jets that propel the player quickly through the water and fire torpedos which act
    sort of like homing rockets, but can only fire them while submerged.

A combat suit might be sort of like the mining suit with thick bulky armor, but instead of a laser drill it has
    a laser cannon that fires over a long range and does heavy damage.

Flight armor could allow the player to...well...fly, but with little in the way of defense or offense bonuses.

Plex_Director likes this.
  3. MasterofKittens

MasterofKittens Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd like a customizable Exo suit. One that you upgrade with different abilities as you progress. For instance, you add mining arms, liquid immunity, and light emittance for a mining suit, but you can mix and match the attributes from different suits to make your own.

4. Kingofstarryskies

Kingofstarryskies Pangalactic Porcupine

5. Invisifat

Invisifat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Protect from lava but can't swim?? Holy shit, that would screw you so bad on magma ocean worlds.

6. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe it could be an exception where you CAN swim in lava, since technically lava would be denser than water.

7. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

It'd have to, otherwise the player is as good as dead as soon as they land in a lava pit.

8. catocat9001

catocat9001 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If they are added, there should be an Exo Diver, which improves mobility in water, and can be upgraded into Exo Diver II, which prevents damage from acid rain and liquid poison, not sure if there should be an Exo Diver III though.

9. mr_engino

mr_engino Void-Bound Voyager

im for this 10000000000000%! i feel there should be a few exosuits, and maybe also power armor and mechas. to clarify the difference between them:

power armor: the suits in fallout series and iron man.

exosuit: the power loader in alien, the halo cyclops.

mech: gundam.

10. Optimizer

Optimizer Space Hobo

I think that exosuits should be like the power armor from fallout. You can upgrade them like tech. Flight would be a thing for end game exosuits. Although it should increase stats like strength, speed and defense plus the normal armor. So, in conclusion, I think it should have its own slot, so it can increase stats plus the armor.

11. mr8bit6

mr8bit6 Void-Bound Voyager

it would be awesome were we to have Exo Suits, however. i think they should function like mechs in that you can call them from orbit.