1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

v1.2.5 on Steam 'Test Branch' Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, Feb 20, 2015.

1. ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

The thing that puzzles me is that before the engine change update, the controller worked perfectly fine. Now I can't get anything to work. Joy2Key, xpadder, x 360ce, nothing. Its like its not even detecting it whatsoever anymore.

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Same here. I can get Joy2Key to work, but the native gamepad support doesn't work AT ALL, even though it worked fine pre-patch.

• greatguys1

greatguys1 Intergalactic Tourist

Bug reports:
        All of these happened on multiplayer with 3 people
        My screen locked to the far right of the stage as the sniper after dying and alt tabbing, and stayed locked even when the level was completed
        Enemies still tried to attack a dead player
        Seems as if the small enigma crashed the server and all of the clients:
        [​IMG]

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Risk of Rain used a dll to add gamepad support before switching engines - If it's not compatible with your controller now, it's a Game Maker: Studio issue.

• ShadowlessWanderer

So basically, I'm shit outta luck for gamepad support unless I buy a different controller is what you're saying?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
            • boltface

boltface Space Hobo

In 1.2.6 (and before), Chef HP in monsoon with glass at level 1 is 29, and 42 in drizzle, instead of 11 or w/e as it should probably be?

edit: also in 1.2.6, in coop, with chef acrid and enforcer in monsoon with glass spite spirit on, we spawned in the middle of desolate forest and both chef (the host) and acrid spawned into an endless falling loop. The enforcer got to move around as normal, but any grounded monsters that spawned around the chef and acrid would also fall off the map instantly after finishing their spawn animation. Eventually both chef and acrid died to jellyfish, and the enforcer died to spite bombs elsewhere, so couldn't see what'd happen if the teleporter was cleared under those conditions. After dying the camera panned to the side endlessly, since it involved freefalling below the stage presumably.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
              • Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

I'm thinking : meh. I have 4 controllers from different brand, so yeah, i'm pretty sure this will never work.
                Again: either you consider this a real issue and try to solve it beyond GameMaker, either please add control mapping for every player (this should be in anyway...!)

I'm puzzled anyway : why change engine if you're not sure of the result, and if you're not even considering modifying the game anyway?? I mean, changing the engine just to change it seems kind of pointless...

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

The engine was changed so that Risk of Rain could be exported to Mac and Linux (as well as possibly other platforms).

As far as what is planned, I cannot speak for Hopoo - they've asked me to focus on multiplayer connectivity and game-ending bugs/errors. I am inclined to agree (that these are the first priority).

• ShadowlessWanderer

While the controller not working issue is a real disappointment (to me at least. I can't speak for everyone) I wholeheartedly agree that working on gamebreaking bugs/errors and multiplayer first and foremost is the best course of action. Thanks for the hard work you're putting into this.

• boltface

boltface Space Hobo

coop on 1.2.6

############################################################################################
                      FATAL ERROR in
                      action number 1
                      of Step Event2
                      for object oWormHead:

Unable to find any instance for object index '198951'
                      at gml_Object_oWormHead_Step_2
                      ############################################################################################

• globbork

globbork Tentacle Wrangler

It would be great if there's a bug tracker or some kind for the beta version.
                        It'd make the beta testing process much more organized: faster and easier.

• Splamy

Splamy Space Spelunker

Hey just want to report another crash, we've been stacking attackspeed and explosions and stuff
                          Playing with the current 1.2.6 Beta via Steam

Code:
                          of  Step EventoEfDecoy
                          for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 355455.reflecting(100445, -2147483648)
                          at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

this is the opposite of a problem

• Violet Snow

Violet Snow Void-Bound Voyager

So I started up a run after I updated to 1.2.6, and I had no instances of a bug (except one on start-up). The game did however run smoothly, and frame issues that I've had in previous versions were gone. The only reason I'm even making this post is because I read some of the other comments.

I used a wireless Xbox 360 controller for the entirety of the run and I had no control lag or instances where the controller functioned any differently than it did before the update. I was not using any emulators of any sort, I was using the base game's controller functionality.

The one bug I did have was this weird thing the game did after I changed from fullscreen to windowed at which point, the window basically kept expanding and expanding as if it were trying to cover the entirety of the screen. I think the only reason it happened though is because I'm using dual monitors.

• Splamy

Splamy Space Spelunker

Aaand another crash, FPS dropped below 2-3 and then bam.
                                Playing with the current 1.2.6 Beta via Steam

Code:
                                of Draw Event
                                for object oParticleEngine:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 98304 bytes
                                9138 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 823808 KB
                                at gml_Script_drawParticles
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                stack frame is
                                gml_Script_drawParticles (line 0)
                                gml_Object_oParticleEngine_Draw_0

• geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

I had this happen in the Desolate Forest with the Burning Witness activated (although I don't know if the Burning Witness actually had anything to do with it). I also don't remember what class I was playing; probably Sniper. I jumped off of a geyser and touched the wall, facing away from it, and flew all the way up the side of the wall. This was in v1.2.4.

• Ridion85

Ridion85 Aquatic Astronaut

just get DS3, its what i use for my PS3 controller support and it works just fine with the new engine, but it has xbox360 controller support options as well

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

This is interesting as the last time i emailed that address, i still havent gotten a response :wut: I am a bit tepid to try again because of that, but i would like to try this test branch and see if any of my 6 controllers work, 3 joysticks, one gamepad and one strange sudo keyboard thingy from Razor/Belkin.

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

My 3 controllers (two stock XB360 controllers and one aftermarket 360 controller) still don't, so, gl.

• ShadowlessWanderer

It doesn't even detect my controller so no go. Thanks for trying to help though.