1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

v1.2.5 on Steam 'Test Branch' Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, Feb 20, 2015.

1. HappySpleen

HappySpleen Void-Bound Voyager

Crash my buddy had when we were playing.

############################################################################################FATAL ERROR inaction number 1of Step Event2for object oWormHead:Unable to find any instance for object index '551857'at gml_Object_oWormHead_Step_2
    ############################################################################################

• AngosM

AngosM Space Hobo

Have tried V1.2.5.

- Parents can't climb up normal steps.

- Blighted enimies don't drop any itens.

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Both of these have been in since the port to the newer engine. Not sure if bugs or intended though.

• Ailaik

Ailaik Void-Bound Voyager

I still can't access my achievements/unlockables, since that's one of the things you were aiming for, I thought I'd mention it.

• legolegger

legolegger Space Hobo

The overloading magma worm achievement is still broken for me. :/

• Hoited

Hoited Space Hobo

Same here:
              Cannot get Multiplayer to connect, regardless of who is hosting. All of the players we have tried see the same thing: Blank screen with the Force item sharing box... that is it

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

You're not playing v1.2.5

• AngosM

AngosM Space Hobo

More that looks like bugs to me.

- Jump looks smaller tham before. Example, in one variation of Damp Caverns you can`t reach one of the little plataforms that contain a chest, with the jump booster on the ground.

- Mercenary + Hyper-Threader + Eviscerate = Laser beens in all directions, not only on horizontal.

• AngosM

AngosM Space Hobo

Found this one.

Bandit + Hopoo Feather + Rusty Jetpack + Magma Barracks = Anti Gravity Jump

[​IMG]

Dzumeister likes this.
                    • koykoy13

koykoy13 Void-Bound Voyager

In Temple of the Elders is a small hole to the right of the Golden Chest

• AngosM

AngosM Space Hobo

Jumping items mess up with Miner ability "To the Stars".

[​IMG]
                        (watch out for the cooldown.)

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

1.2.6 build crashed in online co-op when we found a Crudely Drawn Buddy and used it. We lost a great run for a joke. Stovepipes confirmed.

Also, have been getting irregular boss spawns in Damp Caverns. Wandering Vagrant spawned after the first loop, and on a solo run, two bosses spawned on the first loop under 10 minutes on the same map (Magma Worm & Ancient Wisp).[DOUBLEPOST=1425865785][/DOUBLEPOST]
                          i'm ok with this

• ShadowlessWanderer

Alright I'm no longer immediately crashing on taking fall damage but I'm noticing ALOT of stuttering here and there for some unknown reason. My FPS goes from 60 (frameskip on btw) to about 14 (still with frameskip) for about a half a second then shoots right back up to 60 again, just to have the process repeat another 30 seconds later.

On another note, I haven't found any other bugs thus far.

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

1.2.6 is out, no info, no log whatsoever... So what are we supposed to test?
                              Still no controller control...

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Same here. Also getting massive stuttering whilst 1.2.5 worked fine. 1 step forwards 2 steps back? What is this build even for if we don't know what to test?

• ShadowlessWanderer

Add another person to the "controller still not working at all" group. Its kinda disheartening.

• Leth

I just played with my Xbox One controller. On the test branch. Are you remembering to go turn Gamepads on in the options?

In v.1.2.6 we addressed numerous crashes having to do with turning off 'floating numbers' in the options. Please let us know if there are any other crashes.

• ShadowlessWanderer

First thing I did when trying to test my controller. After it didn't work (tried configuring controls, then tried actually repeating the process two more times but to no avail) I gave up. It probably doesn't help that I don't have an xbox 360 controller and use a weird controller ( http://www.sabrent.com/category/gaming/USB-GAMEPAD/ )

Either way, thanks for the efforts of bugfixing and updating the game.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
                                      • Leth

Besides general controller compatibility, the only other thing I could think that might cause an issue is having multiple joysticks connected, and the game is trying to use the 'other' controller.

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

I will consider this to not be being a genuine question and not taking us for stupid people...
                                          I tried this :
                                          Turning on/off controllers, plugin all my controllers, plugin them one by one, trying several emulation tools.
                                          There IS a problem there. Either there is actually something wrong and fixable?, or either you should try and consider adding key mapping for all the players in the game, that's all we could ask so that we could actually play together (because if the solution is to unplug the controllers, that would mean that we couldn't play coop...).
                                          Plus, having no mapping for controllers does not help either since if we have different controllers, the mappings would be messed up.

I'm thinking, apart from bugs, this is the main problem that should be fixed, several people are speaking up about it.