1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fully Customizable Ship 2.0 Upbeat Giraffe Beta

Lets you customize your ship block by block

1. Dzony_B

Dzony_B Subatomic Cosmonaut

i was wondering how would that work. I was thinking about making only the last ship upgrade customizable,to be safe. Because you need to get those black market cards to progress. Does that make any sense? :rofl:

2. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The transition through tiers with custom ships works as long as all the structures have been modified. Also it'll try to place blocks, so you might have some cleanup to do. I had the idea of using a mostly blank blocks file for later ship tier upgrades, but I was having problems for some reason.

3. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wishing you the best of luck. Hope you enjoy playing while you do.

4. Skhmt

If you type /admin, you can skip some upgrade quests via SAIL.
    If you /spawnitem, you can finish all the quests in a few minutes:

Tier 4:
    ashsprite
    coffeebeans
    (make coffeebeans into coffee)
    glasscoffeemug
    steelspoon
    (find script)
    diamond 64
    cake
    coolchest

Tier 5:
    coconut
    copperbar 10
    mysteriousashes
    fullwood1
    paper 4
    gunpowder 5

Tier 6:
    string
    cheese
    /spawnliquid poison 100 (you have to leave the outpost to do this, and you need an upgraded MM obviously)
    moonemblem
    medievalcodex

Tier 7:
    treasuremap
    leather
    winningticket
    goldenducky
    floranbonedisplay2
    prisonstonesign

Tier 8:
    -nothing besides diamonds-

You can also do:
    /spawnitem shipT8
    or replace 8 with any lower number, then use the item and your ship will be upgraded to that tier. The "T" must be capitalized. But I think testing is better by doing the individual quests even if you spawn the quest rewards.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Princeofmar5 and RatixFarrence like this.
  5. Carch

Carch Void-Bound Voyager

perhaps a long-time goal, have the ship upgrades increase the size of the area you can buildi n? I have no experience with coding or modding starboud, so dont't even know if it would be possible. but I'd like to see that.

6. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I first started the mod I found out that the file associated with the ship generation doesn't actually have any effect on the size of the area you have to build.

Just a quick update: When I get some free time I'm going to be putting together a beta for the mod. Basically it will replace the current ship upgrades. It's not perfect but it works. After that I'm going to be looking into bypassing the ship upgrades while not actually effecting quests or anything related to that.

Bert John, TrueEdge and RatixFarrence like this.
  7. ForgivenStar

ForgivenStar Void-Bound Voyager

Will there be an upbeat giraffe update soon enough?

8. Dzony_B

Dzony_B Subatomic Cosmonaut

Don't hold your breath. :D

wait... do hold it... good luck :rofl:

9. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Creativemod, yarnspinner, /spawnitem, starcheat, etc.
    Screw progessing legitly.

10. Evilius

Evilius Void-Bound Voyager

An ETA would be nice. Checking the newest updated mods every day does get boring when you're simply waiting for this one mod for you to actually start playing again. Sure there's other mods that i'd play with but without this one... it just doesn't feel as much as an adventure. Building your own ship. Perhaps in your own style fitting the persona or race or ideologies of your character makes the game so much more immersive.

11. Princeofmar5

I'm hoping to get the beta for the mod out this weekend. School is a killer right now.

TrueEdge, Evilius and Andr0o like this.
  12. Shadestyle

Shadestyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So how is progress? I desperately love your mod and am going stir crazy in my dreadfully vanilla ship without it.

13. Darkarma

Darkarma Phantasmal Quasar

Have patience young padawan, though I do agree with your sentiments towards the Vanilla ships. They are completely nonfunctional in that regard. I will be able to do so much with this mod and I just finished moving all my collected ship building supplies to the starter world.

14. Princeofmar5

Until I'm able to get the update posted, here is the mirror link to the beta update https://db.tt/EFETQhys

15. Princeofmar5

Princeofmar5 updated Fully Customizable Ship with a new update entry:

Finally here! (Sort of)

Read the rest of this update entry...

RatixFarrence likes this.
  16. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

I've made kind of a scab-mod of this for Upbeat Giraffe. Feel free to dissect it so you can perfect the original:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/fake-editable-t8-ship.2734/

The dilemma is that the ship regenerates with each upgrade and the start ships use "broken" parts for progression purposes. What I've done is make it so that the editable ship only appears on the final ship upgrade. If the player were to be given an editable ship from the beginning I don't know if upgrading the ship would skuzz up their buildings with a regenerated ship.

17. Skhmt

I was messing with that problem a month ago or so when I made my mod. There are lots of solutions I came up with, all with drawbacks. You can disable ship upgrades, but I didn't want to do that because I wanted to modify as little as possible for compatibility sake. Madtulip went with that idea by removing the ship upgrade reward for quests. Alternatively, you can make it only t8. You went with that idea, but I didn't want to force progression any more than I wanted to remove the possibility. In the end I gave players two options, a mod to allow all new characters and all characters progressing normally to get a custom ship, and a plain .shipworld replacer for those who no longer want to progress or have already reached t8.

I've tried many variants of modifying the ship blocks png, but ultimately decided that adding a couple blocks when you upgrade is the most minor nuisance and least drawback - it requires all of a minute, if not much less, to fix. I considered having all blocks be empty after t4, but two groups of people would have problems: those who are newly using the mod on an existing character post t4 and those who used the mod on a new character but haven't changed the basic ship design at all, as it would remove all previous ship blocks and cause them to have no ship at all.

It's a workable solution, but it would require a more complex readme / instructions, so I went with the idiot proof version of a little extra work to ensure no mistakes. I guess if the mod is always empty ship blocks and the instructions were always to 1) replace current ship with .shipworld and 2) use mod if you ever upgrade your ship (since its empty), it would be ok. But you would have to remove the mod for new characters lol.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    TrueEdge and RatixFarrence like this.
  18. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's what a modding community does. We talk about this with related mod developers, and provide our own solutions so that there are many more choices on how to go deal with obstacles, as per your example, ship tier progression or skipping it to start building ones ship again. I really like the vast amount of options in this avenue and every mod offers something different, which is nice.

Andr0o likes this.
  19. anotaros

anotaros Aquatic Astronaut

ok im having a problem where i installed everything correctly, followed instructions made a new character but cant edit my ship, it says the mod is enabled in the red text to the bottom right of the main menu tho. please help?

20. Drakkar

Drakkar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm wondering. Does it have a block size limit? As in, how big can we make our ships? I hope not D: