1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starfoundry v1.3.2

Automation megamod including energy, pipes, magnets, data transmission and more!

1. Doskan

Doskan Void-Bound Voyager

can i downgrade the game to play this?

2. Necrovore

Necrovore Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow, I wish I had found out about this mod before it was no longer working.

3. DrakoZ

DrakoZ Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there any hope for a stable fashion update version?

4. Necrovore

Considering the asset permissions for the mod are don't touch em without asking, and Starfoundry has not been on since last July...without a mod or dev decree on how long a mod has to be abandoned to be public domain asset wise we can't just update the mod ourselves for release.

5. JasonPanic

JasonPanic Space Penguin Leader

Is there going to be a update for this mod?

6. Kosmos Prime

Kosmos Prime Aquatic Astronaut

How about distributing a patch of the code only and not change (or redistribute) any assets?

7. Necrovore

hmm, if it is just json files that need tweaking, that might be possible...if changes have to be made to the lua it is a no go...same if the json files themselves are old enough to use merge instead of patch...

8. jacob mesick

jacob mesick Void-Bound Voyager

Starfoundry,

I am impressed by this mod. This mod improves many great concepts I like in this game. I do not have the ability to play it because I am on upbeat giraffe. Is there any thing I can do to help out updating the files? I am creating a water elevator (under suggestions>>elevators) that allows us to travel quickly down and up. However this wonderful mod would add so much to my small contribution and future contributions to this fantastic community.

[​IMG]

Please, how can I help?

Jacob

RatixFarrence and walliedirt like this.
  9. TheLoneWolf2

TheLoneWolf2 Intergalactic Tourist

What version does 1.3.2 still work with?

10. jacob mesick

jacob mesick Void-Bound Voyager

It might take me some time but my plan is to learn how this mod was put together and then remake the mod for us upbeat giraffe users. Metadept (and crew) you were on to something glorious and I wish to recreate this mod so if your out there thank you for all that you have done for our community already. This game has become a teaching tool for my five year old about how logic gates and electricity work. I think your mod adds a great deal to that teaching tool. This game is about creations that is apart of it's charm! people like to show their ingenuity they have created with the tools that you have created. keep up the good work.I will do what I can to learn how the coding was put together.

11. Broken-Steel

Broken-Steel Title Not Found

Somebody aught to pick up the torch

12. Dzony_B

Dzony_B Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cant wait for that update.... AAAHHHH... :rofl:

13. TheXgamerX

TheXgamerX Space Hobo

i have a probléme when launching the game v enraged koala IO EXCEPTION block storage is there a solution

14. walliedirt

walliedirt Void-Bound Voyager

Why did I ever look up this mod... NOW I WANT IT!!! Please for the love of humanity someone update this....

15. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

So am about ready to scrap the current the current version of SB just to play this mod and have all the good stuff they took out, back in. Namely, old smelting methood, tempature, and need for food. Does anyone know where I can find an older version of SB, when this mod still worked? I belive it was enraged koala.

16. GreamMeakel

GreamMeakel Void-Bound Voyager

Metadept, this so needs to be updated.
    We know you work for Chucklefish now - but please please get this updated.

walliedirt likes this.
  17. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Many of the game mechanics have changed, so they would need to be adapted to the latest stable. The Starfoundry project is a handful for just one person to handle, let alone a small handful of people, not even mentioning the conversion to the new system. You would need to study it very carefully.
    So, what should someone with modding experience do is.. Find the feature you want most. Work on adapting it to Spirited Giraffe. Take your time. The original team sure did, and it was awesome.

I'm still an entry-level modder so this tier of stuff is out of my reach. That said, I really do hope someone serious enough comes and tries to tackle this, but I never put most of my eggs in a single basket.

18. Zizzy

Zizzy Void-Bound Voyager

You know i really hate this. I cannot change due to author ownership stuff on a MOD it is a MOD after all how do they have any rights at all?! Because of this i am unable to release this and get it working 100% and you will have to do the work on your own.

Anyway i fixed this you will have to all fix it yourself here is how:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\objects\wired\tile\quarry
    quarry_marker.object
    Fixed the following:
    //// "statusEffects" : [
    //// {
    //// "kind" : "Warmth",
    //// "amount" : 8,
    //// "range" : 4
    //// } ],
    "statusEffects" : [
    "kind" : "Warmth",
    "amount" : 8,
    "range" : 4
    ],

quarrydamage.config
    no longer seems to exist:
    /////"crushing" : 0

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\tiles\materials\
    all materials now require a category
    added ( "category": "materials",) to all material files

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\species
    added required new line for new version:
    "gruntNoises" : [ [ "/sfx/humanoid/humangrunt1.wav", "/sfx/humanoid/humangrunt2.wav" ], [ "/sfx/humanoid/humangrunt1.wav", "/sfx/humanoid/humangrunt2.wav" ] ],

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\starfoundry\tech\magnetize
    added required new line for new version:
    "name" : "ptmagnetize",
    had to decide on which tech slot for new version...
    "type" : "body",
    script line has changed:
    "scripts" : ["ptmagnetize.lua"],
    ////"script" : "ptmagnetize.lua",

EDIT:
    btw i'm not responsible for any problems that may occur i'm just simply trying to get the starfoundry working in the new version. This currently just get's the game to launch but for some reason all of the end tier vanialla weapons become generic items

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    walliedirt and RatixFarrence like this.
  19. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are a lot of fundamental changes to Starbound since the most recent SF update. It would be difficult to figure out which pieces still fit and which ones have to be cut or reformed.[DOUBLEPOST=1430366426][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit:
    Interesting. I want to try this. Looks quite fashionable.

20. Zizzy

Zizzy Void-Bound Voyager

well there is only 2 problems left...
    1. if you create a new universe file it takes forever and creates a 30-100meg file just starting the game with a new universe/character.
    2. vanilla weapons all become generic items for some reason. this has to do with the procjectiles folder i believe the only thing I'm doing wrong is the physics.config.patch file.

EDIT:
    Ah totally forgot to give the following information LOL:
    rename projectiles/physics.confg -> procjectiles/physics.config.patch
    [
    "nocollision" : {
    "gravityMultiplier" : 0.0,
    "bounceFactor" : 1.0,
    "maxMovementPerStep" : 0.4,
    "groundSlideMovementEnabled" : false,
    "collisionPoly" : [],
    "ignorePlatformCollision" : true,
    "groundFriction" : 0,
    "airFriction" : 0,
    "liquidFriction" : 0,
    "speedLimit" : null
    }
    ]
    rename player.config -> player.config.patch
    [
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"activator"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"airfan"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"analogclock"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"bannerstarfoundrylarge"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"basicgenerator"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"battery"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"batterycharger"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"binarizer"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"circuitboard"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"chestinterface"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"cleanpipeNE"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"cleanpipeNW"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"cleanpipeSW"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"cleanpipeSE"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"cleanpipemiddle"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"cleanpipehorizontal"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"cleanpipevertical"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"comparator"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"conveyorbelt"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"counter"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"detector"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"dronestation"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ejector"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"energycrystal"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"entityscanner"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"foundry"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"freeformmarker"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"gravityelevator"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"hopper"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"itembox"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"itemexcluder"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"itemfilter"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"itemsorter"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"jumppad"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"laserdiode"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"layerswap"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"levitationpad"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"lightsensor"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"linkdisplay"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"linkdisplaysmall"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"liquidextractor"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"liquidfiller"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"liquidpump"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"liquidsensor"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"liquidtank"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"magnetcore"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"mannequin"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"memory"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"operator"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"oremagnet"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"pipeend"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"pipeitemdetector"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"pipeliquiddetector"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"powersmelter"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ptmagnetblockadvanced"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ptmagnetblocknegstrong"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ptmagnetblocknegweak"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ptmagnetblockposstrong"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ptmagnetblockposweak"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ptmagnetizer"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"ptmagnetizeTech-chip"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"quarry"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"quarrymarker"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"quickwallbutton"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"randomizer"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"rectmarker"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"relay"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"relaycloak"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"sewerpipeNE"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"sewerpipeNW"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"sewerpipeSW"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"sewerpipeSE"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"sewerpipemiddle"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"sewerpipehorizontal"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"sewerpipevertical"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"solarpanel"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"tempsensor"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"thermogenerator"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"tinywallbutton"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"valve"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"filter"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"windsensor"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wirelampblue"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wirelampcyan"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wirelampgreen"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wirelampmagenta"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wirelampred"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wirelampwhite"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wirelampyellow"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"wiretap"}}
    ]

walliedirt and RatixFarrence like this.