1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting New Screenshot from Tiy

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bonabopn, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Thr0nes

Thr0nes Aquatic Astronaut

The Floating Eye of Doom welcomes our new Tentacled Overlords.

2. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

Still a One eyed 8th race would be great. Or Any other race really. These 7 kinda meh as of late to me. That map up top is great tho.

3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I just found some eyeball hats in an eye-biome. One of them looks like the ones from before Upbeat Giraffe.

4. laserpanda

laserpanda Orbital Explorer

Has anyone had any luck translating the text around the outer edges? Looks quite similar to the Standard Galactic Alphabet from Commander Keen.

5. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think those were ever removed, only made obsolete.

6. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I'm working on that exactly now[DOUBLEPOST=1425437457][/DOUBLEPOST]Here it is, using the Standard Galactic Alphabet from Commander Keen suggeste by @laserpanda i tried something, the result is this:
    [​IMG]
    Doesn't make much sense this way, and some words i couldn't find any, the ones with * means it may be in other direction. Maybe it is in ciphers? or the crzy cthulhu language idk

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    TrueEdge likes this.
  7. laserpanda

Some things I found that might help.

"Reverse Question Mark" seems to be the most common at 7.

"/", ")", and "п" appear in pairs, making them likely a T, L, S, or E.

the roughly plus shaped character where the horizontal bars don't line up almost always follows (or precedes depends on direction) the reverse question mark.

8. Nibolas O Anelbozas

too late ahahaha but you can work on mine!

9. laserpanda

I think I'm getting close.

COLLECT/THE/??KE??A???LACTHE?HE?TOOK?/THE/BLACK/HOLE

Jonesy, Airling, Nerva and 2 others like this.
  10. Nibolas O Anelbozas

My friend, we make a good team!

11. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

This is history in the making, fellas. *Grabs popcorn*

12. laserpanda

Numbered the missing characters. * is a possible obscured letter behind the player. Spacing may be incorrect.

COLLECT THE 12KE31 A456LAC * THE 7HE8TOO46 THE BLACK HOLE

before "THE BLACK HOLE" is what's getting me. Can't think of many words ending with oo?? that would fit unless there's more spacing and it's something like "TO OWN"

edit: possibly

COLLECT THE ??KE?? AND PLACE THE ?HE? TO OPN THE BLACK HOLE

with more shorthand:

COLLECT THE SX KEYS AND PLACE THEM HER TO OPN THE BLACK HOLE

Cellhawk, wolfboyft, Varixai and 8 others like this.
  13. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Good job! Pretty picture time.

[​IMG]

P.S. This conversation is also happening on Reddit and Twitter. Not sure if you're the same guy in all those places?

14. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Maybe the 8th race were supposed to be like, the guardians of the galaxy and stop the tentacle threat. Then they fucked up and let the human home world get destroyed, so the other races (like, a galactic council or something?) were like: boo. You guys suck, get out of my face. No more spot on the gate for you. You suuuuck.

Or Derrick race. Yes. Hell yes.

15. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

The Gate has been translated. We shall venture into the pits of space to see the worst of the worst to open The Gate. Yet the best shall be us who rise up to fight what lies beyond The Gate.

16. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Analysis. Scans suggest this is... no... it can't be...

17. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

What is it?! What's its power level?

18. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

The results are succinct but it seems that this new species is a link with Tentacomet. To be exact, they may be at the origin of Tentacomets.

19. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Holy crap, you guys cracked it, I wonder how Chucklefish will react, I doubt they thought this would get cracked before the game's launch or until they gave us the key for that matter. Now the question is.....what's behind the black hole or what happens when you open it.

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

And what are the six keys? At first I thought there would be one for each race, but there are seven races. Maybe there will be six missions and each will have a key.