1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Graviton Projectors - Broken V1.3

Defying Gravity!

1. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Storm_UK submitted a new mod:

Graviton Elevators - V1.1 UG - Defying Gravity!

Read more about this mod...

2. Katrina Sinclaire

Katrina Sinclaire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This seems interesting! No more will I have to fill my homes with ugly stairwells.

3. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

The artwork on this is amazing.

4. Storm_UK

5. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I don't have access to my gaming PC so I can't test this......low you explained.....but off and normal? What do off and normal do? It's not self explanatory.....does off turn gravity off or does it turn the projectors off? Does normal mean normal gravity or what?

6. Storm_UK

The 'normal' on setting causes anything within a pad or ring projected graviton fields to quite rapidly rise (the 'Up' setting for the elevator.) 'Off' turns the pads and rings off. 'Low' projects a weak graviton field which isn't strong enough to fully counter local gravity, but should reduce fall rate sufficiently for survival (the 'Down' setting for the elevator.)

7. godshinryu

godshinryu Void-Bound Voyager

Yo can you make the tiles farmable? the glass and stuff design is really nice, also for some reason when i use a holo blueprint it doesnt build anything

8. Storm_UK

I'm working on the drafting tables as a seperate mod currently - I forgot to take those objects out of this mod, although I did remove the script that constructs from the blueprints. I'll reinstate the tiles with the architects table mod when it's in a state I feel suitable for release.

9. ZodiarkSavior

ZodiarkSavior Void-Bound Voyager

Should be a video or at least some gifs detailing how to use this mod more.

Oh, and none of the items in the mod appear in the Robotic Crafting Table nor the Wiring Station for me. I had to access them via admin mode.
    There's also no mention of the blueprints on the front page but I tried using them and they just disappear after placement

10. Storm_UK

Sorry ZodiarkSavior, I forgot to remove the drafting tables completely from this mod - the blueprints shouldn't really be accessible yet as the lua scripting for building from them was removed. The magnifier, gravpads and rings should become available to craft from the codex books you are given as you complete the quests from a glitch at the outpost.

11. Storm_UK

12. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Is there a way to alter the location which you can craft these recipes from? I already have a vast list of things on my base crafting tables and the addition of every-material-from-titanium-onwards-in-three-sizes-and-two-types Graviton Elevators means that it is excessively crowded. Specifically, I'd like to be able to modify it so that they are crafted from the Science Station added in by the base-in-a-box mod, as it only has a few items as it stands.

In the future, is there a chance you could add sorting tabs to filter the Graviton Elevator recipes by material when you get back onto a custom crafting station? It's ridiculously hard to find individual pieces in various materials thanks to the sheer numbers of them.

Just as a side note, I miss the blocks for the various materials as girders. Given the whole 'rotates when horizontally continuous' thing some tiles do now, like the actual Girder blocks, I think yours could make a triumphant return as tiered material-based girders.

Storm_UK likes this.
  13. Storm_UK

Thanks for the suggestions. A custom crafting table is a good idea, would make things easier. Just checked out the girder tile in unpaked assets and it didn't take me very long at all to make a working titanium girder tile from my old tier3support/beam tiles and graphics, so that is definitely doable.

14. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Alright, glad I could help. Perhaps a Graviton Stabilizer Array as the crafting table? Basically a vertical series of rings around a few crystals? Something? Idunno, I'm spitballing here.

15. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Is there any chance to add elevator rings that are only 4 blocks wide? I build all my elevators ingame as 4 block wide shafts using Force Nodes, and the lack of 4 block wide graviton rings has been one of the only things which has stopped me from using this mod instead of Force Gates. I'd love to build some elevators using both force nodes and graviton rings in the future.

16. Storm_UK

I'd suggest 'embedding' the ends of the normal-sized Gravrings into the sides of your shafts, as the gap in the normal rings is four blocks wide. That may serve your needs? Creating another tiered set of rings/pads would consume quite a bit of my free time at present.

17. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

No, I thought of that, the rings wouldn't really go with the tile sprites. Would it help if I made the sprites for you?

18. Storm_UK

If a new smaller class of gravpads/rings (tiny?) were introduced that were 4 tiles wide, they'd only have a 2-tile gap with the solid anchor points. I guess the sprites wouldn't be too tricky to convert from the current small class sprites. I've only just reworked all the gravpad/ring object files and animations anyway for a changed lighting effect. Thing is I'd probably want to add a 7-tile wide one as well (making the current large class XL instead) if I do this. :)

19. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I don't see the issue with a two tile gap. The player's collision box is only two tiles wide, so it should work fine. :)

20. Storm_UK

Got "Tiny" versions (and new "Large" versions, with current large becoming "XL") in the works so Gravrings will be available to fit shafts from 4 to 8 tiles in width. There was a small problem with trying to drop down the tiny two-tile gap when the rings were active - adjusting the distance the field propels you up from the rings to compensate fixed that.

Took a lot of file/variable renaming and reorganizing, which will make any currently placed pad/ring objects people may have used void, though it'll make things easier going forward with further updates. Tier 3 titanium graphics done. Now all the extra/modified tier graphics to do. And a specialized crafting table. Huff. Hopefully next update during weekend. :)

CrimsonGiraffe and Markelius like this.