1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Orcana

Discussion in 'Races' started by Nemasys, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Nemasys submitted a new mod:

Orcana - So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Read more about this mod...

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I very much like the idea, so I wish you the best of luck in completing your race mod!

3. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks, Mackinz! I really like the direction it's heading. I hope others enjoy it too.

4. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Assuming it uses human filler for everything you have not yet done. Is this correct?
    I may grab these, but I wanna be able to fully upgrade the ship, is that part functional?

5. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

There, is filler for the unmodded stuff. Mostly human, a little Hylotl. Everything should be functional though. If you find any issues please let me know.

6. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure on what you have planned for your race, but would you ever consider turning their legs into tails?

7. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

That wouldn't work so well with getting around on land unless they had some vehicle specifically for that. Hadn't thought of that actually. Sounds interesting.
    But another complication would be current clothing/armor/costume items that just won't work with a different body style.

I did give some thought to giving them tails in addition to their legs, but it didn't make much sense to have both since tails are the evolutionary equivalent to legs.

8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Tails are used for balance, true, but there are plenty of examples of animals with both tails and legs, even with animals closely related to whales, dolphins, porpoises, etc.

Honestly, its less of an evolutionary thing and more of an artist perspective.

9. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Ya know what? You're right. I looked up whale evolution and I had it wrong. I was under the impression that the tail evolved from the legs, but evidently the legs just got smaller and smaller till they became vestigial appendages while the tail has always been a tail. That being said, I just may add the tail if there's enough of a demand for it.

Ludovic and Mackinz like this.
  10. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

This looks like a cool idea! Won't be actually trying it out until it's got more to it, but I will certainly be keeping an eye on its progress. :)

11. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Tails would definitely win me over. I'd make a dolphin so fast with tails included.
    Lots of custom races/race-changes have them.

Gonna be watching this. We need more high quality races out there. :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  12. VanishMode

VanishMode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Interested, I would like tails.

13. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

I just figure since they were like whales, they would have a tail for legs sort of like a Medusa. They would move around with their tail as a way of mobility, and the armor/clothing would be species specific. you would possibly give them increase swimming speed or something of that rather.

14. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Well, it looks like the consensus is going in the direction of tails in addition to the legs. I'll keep an eye on the comments and see how it goes.

15. Omnija

Omnija Cosmic Narwhal

best of luck .

16. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks!

** I added a poll at the top of the thread for any that want to cast there vote on whether or not I should add tails.

17. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Just adding tails is a lot easier than making them walk on a tail. Also all clothing should work with them if they're only added.

As popular as the Avali are/were, I didn't really use them since they couldn't wear anything but their own special clothing/armor. So, that's my opinion. Do what you want, or don't. I think I'm gonna play one of these guys regardless.

18. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Looking forward to custom armor and clothing. Lots of wetsuits and watergear. And the furniture. Lots of shells/coral sandstone.

19. VanishMode

VanishMode Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you need help, just ask.

20. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

How about a preview of the first starter clothing I'm working on:

toga1.jpg toga2.jpg

I may add sandals. Any thoughts?