1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting New Screenshot from Tiy

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bonabopn, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Big Damn Hero

You heard the poster, ladies, gents, distinguished individuals: time to bust out the extradimensional cleaning supplies.

I call the Klatchian Fire Engine. It is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness, after all.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  2. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

So, I went on the mystical adventure to find any connection between the writing on the gate and and any other symbols of other races. I found that the hylotl poster "Orange Apex Sign" had two matching symbols.
    upload_2015-2-24_20-33-28.png
    This is a picture pointing out the two symbols.
    upload_2015-2-24_20-33-57.png
    (Blue lines are the lines with a cross, red are the plain lines)
    I also noticed that the poster is referring to Big Ape. Coincidence? Probably.

Another thing about the eye on the gate...
    upload_2015-2-24_20-35-40.png
    I'm pretty sure this actually ISN'T referring to the Tentacomet. I'm guessing that it's referring to the figures on the cave paintings in the Mysterious Party Mission.
    upload_2015-2-24_20-36-53.png
    "All Floransss know what this meansss." - Floran Description

upload_2015-2-24_20-37-25.png
    "..." - Floran Description
    "Oh no... How did a picture of THIS get here?!" - Human Description

upload_2015-2-24_20-38-26.png
    "Floran made the wrong allies once..." - Floran Description

As you can see, these giant figures are associated with the same eye as the one on the gate. The pictures also show them as towering figures. They may be dramatized, or these being might have actually been that huge.
    And see that hand above the gate?
    upload_2015-2-24_20-40-50.png
    Although it's made of stone, it's probably also referring to the large figures in the cave drawings.

I also noticed this.
    upload_2015-2-24_20-42-37.png
    *turns up the brightness*
    upload_2015-2-24_20-43-41.png
    What are those two things? Archways?

Let the conspiracies flow!

Lavranzo, Lecic, teilnehmer and 5 others like this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I think we all know where we've seen that eye before.

[​IMG]

Wake up, Starbounders.

Lavranzo, Borvis, Markelius and 18 others like this.
  4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

lol.....someone is going to take this comment here super seriously and cuss out Chucklefish for associating with the Illuminati I just know it.

Yzzey, Vith and Jonesy like this.
  5. TheGoldenKibby

TheGoldenKibby Void-Bound Voyager

The graphic designers for the game stun me once again. At first glance, it looked like a real photo. Keep up the amazing work guys!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

How is that hand (and, to a lesser extent, that tentacle) being supported? The extensive damage makes it a miracle that the thing hasn't fallen and crushed the gate yet, even in a low-gravity environment...

Also... notice, the tentacles are coming from the right side only. As if attacking...
    Additionally, the two figures on the gate appear to be fighting back the tentacles. They're masks do not have eyeslots... implying it is entirely a visor, which means they could be eyepeople.

7. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Thank you for that, I knew I wasn't crazy when I said the eye for the 8th race is not the same as the eye of the tentacle monsters.[DOUBLEPOST=1424834169][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well, the cracks on the hand may be just superficial in which case it would hold together just fine, but the tentacle and the hand are not just suspended in the air there, they are probably part of larger statues that are off-screen.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  8. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

You know the secret my friend...

9. tehPhunnee

tehPhunnee Title Not Found

If we get to play as a tentacle creature encased inside a small meteor, it will quickly become my new favorite race to play :p

10. gabbo13

gabbo13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Calling it now, the holes in the faceplate are gems hidden across the galaxy to fight the mega ultimate boss of Starbound yup yup!

Hatsya Souji and TheGoldenKibby like this.
  11. Guthwulf

Guthwulf Aquatic Astronaut

also: may it be that the glowing universe is actually symbolized by this "star-y" thing that the giant being is holding (and hence the stone hand belonging to that giant being - but that has been stated before)? Making the pictured scene in the cave drawing exactly what we can witness on TIYs screenshot?

12. SugarShow

SugarShow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new race only can be...

Derrick Race!
    [​IMG]

Taich, Jonesy, Yzzey and 7 others like this.
  13. _Q_

_Q_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They can add more reskins, there is only one race in this game, reskined 6 times.

14. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Floran is obviously the one race. Everyone else is just a flawed copy of perfection. ;)

Also, wasn't that pretty much the goal from the start? CF said at the beginning that they did not want people to feel they needed to choose one race over another because of a perceived ability benefit.

SilverDarkBlade and _Q_ like this.
  15. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

This calls for a Starbound jRPG (ala Valkyrie Profile) or a 2D Mass Effect. Hey, where are the Synths? Or any Ancient Weapon to nuke things?

Unless they make Derrick playable, then introduce a new playstyle into the game.

16. teilnehmer

teilnehmer Existential Complex

But all the lore you can access by N-clicking (looking glass)! It's not gameplay strictly speaking, but it's a lot of content. Also, racial armor looks different and will supposedly differ in stats/ effects later on.

I personally assume that, once trading is in the game, race will play a larger role.

Lavranzo and Hatsya Souji like this.
  17. _Q_

_Q_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lets hope it will be. People want novakids to glow so maybe other races will get something cool.

18. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Chucklefish IS the Illuminati, their mission is to indoctrinate the youth of the world with hidden messages extolling their world domination!!!
    let the conspiracy theories fly...

19. TopazofLazuli

TopazofLazuli Subatomic Cosmonaut

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

Capture 5.PNG

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Luna, Taich, LethalShade and 9 others like this.
  20. Dauthdaert

Dauthdaert Void-Bound Voyager

I'm pretty sure the 8th slot is broken off at the Gates because that race has been banished or something. And think about how Earth was destroyed by a giant monster, and how they talked about the final boss being something Giant, and tentically.
    I think that the Eye is the face of the banished race/monster that destroyed Earth, and is the final boss.

Airling likes this.