What class will you play in Witchmarsh?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bobsplosion, Sep 11, 2014.

1. rustphoenix

rustphoenix Void-Bound Voyager

I like the technician and PI a lot, and the alchemist seems useful. Also, I like the scribe's transformation ability.

• Tsuruda

Tsuruda Title Not Found

Most likely I will play with the Curator. The idea of an ordinary person being thrown in the middle of a Lovecraftian mystery really appeals to me. Also, my first run will probably be a 2 character run with a friend, for the added challenge.

• Prammus

Prammus Void-Bound Voyager

Help! Gravedigger! GRAVEDIGGER!

Tsuruda likes this.
        • Tsuruda

Tsuruda Title Not Found

"SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT!" - Curator runs for dear life.
          "Bloody Hell!" - Says the Gentleman, realising he is on his own.

• Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Err, for those of us who've only just discovered this title and are rather late to the party, and aren't backers of the kickstarter, how would we find out about the classes, who they are, and what they do?

• Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

This please. And, is it fully released yet?

• Tsuruda

Tsuruda Title Not Found

You can have a good idea of what the classes are by digging into the game's kickstarter page. Sadly, I discovered this title after the kickstarter ended, but way before the release. I simply don't know what to do with my hype .___.
                No dates yet, but people are estimating some time around december this year.

Wulf_Oman likes this.
                • Nerva

See, that's kinda the thing. There's not a lot of info that isn't hidden behind "This post is for backers only, if you are a backer, please log in" messages. I get that you wanna keep backers informed, but... for those of us who ain't, concrete info is pretty sparse, and not exactly readily accessible.

From reading the Kickstarter page, I know there's a Curator, who has a perk that turns her into a little old lady. There's a Private Eye, who smokes as part of his character select animation. I know there's a large, broad-shouldered gorilla of a guy in a snappy waistcoat called Moose who can fling a flaming axe if you build up his "might" skill or become a grizzled sea captain. There's a goggle-wearing person, apparently the Technician, who has a gadgets skill and apparently a love of Nikola Tesla, considering she's weaponized a lightning coil. There's a Scribe, who can be eaten by his book and spat out again as an eldritch horror. There's an Alchemist, apparently, who can make otherwise-rare potions. There's a trapper, who can apparently charge bullets with static electricity and can apparently get in touch with his inner Canadian as a Woodcutter. There's the Innkeepr, who can "disrupt spells" and apparently is fond of fisticuffs. There's a Guardian who can utilize elemental magic.

Beyond that, though, I don't know anything else about the characters beyond their names or maybe a brief description. For instance, I know pretty much nothing about the gameplay of the Gentleman, Slugger, Illusionist, or Bard. That's 1/3rd of the available characters right there.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
                    Wulf_Oman likes this.
                  • Prammus

Sadly, they haven't really released much beyond that, even to those who are donors. Shucks.

• Tsuruda

Tsuruda Title Not Found

Yeah, I'd really like to have access to some more information. What I do know, on top of what you just wrote here, is that the Gentleman has a parry mechanic (that I am not entirely sure is exclusive to his gameplay), the Slugger didn't make it to the game, some glimpses of the monsters and mechanics behind some of them.

I suppose that we still don't have more information on the classes because their capabilities and little quirks aren't set on stone yet, not because it was released only to the backers. What the backers definetely have that non backers don't is the Bestiary, basically information on the monsters (and I am pretty sure "exclusive inside info on the development" wasn't among the backer's boons). Hopefully, we'll get some insight on the workings of classes as development progresses :)

EDIT: The other thing that I do know for sure is that my hype can't be contained and I don't know what to do with the little bugger <___<

EDIT 2: It may seem like I am questioning the exclusivity of some things to backers, namely the bestiary (because english is not my native language sometimes I am not sure if I got the correct point across). What I meant to say is that the backers are entitled to the exclusivity of the bestiary and other boons, but not on updates on development. If we don't know anything yet, most likely it's still in the works :3

Wulf_Oman likes this.
                      • Tweak

Tweak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hear your frustration. I will start a new thread and post all backer-only updates so you can read them, however most updates should be visible to everyone. I only see 3 that are backer-only, the contents of which are almost entirely about backer rewards, which should not concern you greatly.

• Nerva

Well, to get back on topic, from what I know now, I'm liable to play either the Scribe, Gentleman, or possibly the Illusionist. I've always tended to favor the magically-oriented or the criminally well-dressed. The Scribe is one, the Gentleman is the other, and the Illusionist is a bit of both.

Moose is also a possibility. The idea of picking up and slamming or throwing enemies is quite appealing, as there's a little bit of pro wrestler in all of us.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
                            Wulf_Oman and Tsuruda like this.
                          • Flapdoddle

Flapdoddle Witchmarsh Developer

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts everyone. The official website, which should be coming soon, will have more information about each of the investigators. At the moment I'm afraid you're limited to the info on the KS page and your imagination!

We may release a few more of the passive trait lists like we did for the Guardian, though. (Image attached!)

Attached Files:

Tsuruda likes this.
                            • Prammus

You and your early April Fools joke.