1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. Doskan

Doskan Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, still missing, got "new perfectly generic item recipe discovered" on new character, instead "concentrated rubium seed" or whatever

2. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I took a look at the iron ore farmable...and the file name for the seed icon is ironseedseedicon.png where the .object is looking for ironseedicon.png ... it looks like this is the case for all of the following ore plants upon looking at the folders:
    • Coal
    • Gold
    • Iron
    • Lead
    • Moonstone
    • Platinum
    • Plutonium
    • Prisilite
    • Rubium
    • Silver
    • Solarium
    • Sulphur
    • Titanium
    • Trianglium
    • Uranium (This one also might have a problem with the T4 seed, as it looks like the .object there is "uraniumt4seed - Copy.object" which might cause PGIs when it's created. Just getting rid of the " - Copy" part will probably fix this I bet...looking at the recipe for the t4 seed, it's definitely looking to create a non-" - Copy" seed)
    • Violium
    Basically, you could fix this pretty easily by going into the mod folders (I'm gonna assume you're on windows for this part, heh) and changing the "seedseedicon"s to just be "seedicon"s and getting rid of the " - Copy" on the uraniumt4seed.object file. I know it's a little bit of work, but...it should solve the issue until RAM gets around to doing it himself, nonetheless. :)

greenRAM likes this.
  3. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

All the fixes!!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1424725198][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Got it! Sorry about that. I'll try to work out all the bugs next time before I upload.

Snebbers and Doskan like this.
  4. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

:p i bet thats a common mistake with mods to make.

5. Snebbers

Snebbers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No worries everyone makes mistakes :)

I do apologise though I don't have a lot of free time as my steam friends want me to play other games with them for the time being until the next Starbound's patch comes out :)

I'll give it a bash at some point when I get a moment to myself!

6. savagehart

savagehart Big Damn Hero

Um, installed the latest patch and now every seed I've tried to make (coal, diamond, iron, and plat) all cost 50 ores to make 1 seed. A bit pricey I think. Sorry.

7. greenRAM

It takes a bit of initial work now, but the payoff is a continual source of ore that's accessible from your own ship or garden. It's a challenge, but doable even with a new character. Still, if the initial payoff isn't enough the idea is that you can always wait until a point in the game when 50 ore doesn't seem like as much anymore. You can tackle the challenge at your own pace. I'm not as confident about the cost of the later tiered ore plants. Guess I'll adjust the values if they still seem too high for later game players.

8. greenRAM

9. FuNiOnZ

FuNiOnZ Big Damn Hero

Code:
    [22:14:02.323] Error: Could not load /objects/farmables/trianglium/triangliumseedicon.png asset, using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/farmables/trianglium/triangliumseedicon.png'
    [22:14:02.355] Error: Could not load /objects/farmables/coal/coalseedt4icon.png asset, using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/farmables/coal/coalseedt4icon.png'
    [22:14:04.447] Error: Could not load /objects/farmables/coal/coalseedt3icon.png asset, using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/farmables/coal/coalseedt3icon.png'
    [22:14:04.531] Error: Could not instantiate item '[sapling, 1, {}]'. (VariantException) Cannot convert from null to string
    [22:14:06.060] Error: Could not load /objects/farmables/coal/coalseedt2icon.png asset, using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/objects/farmables/coal/coalseedt2icon.png'
    Getting this with the latest version, apologies if someone reported it before, not a huge deal but figured it was worth mentioning

greenRAM likes this.
  10. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

More icon fixes!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1424752912][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks for the log list. That should take care of the rest of those icon fixes. I'll check my own log from now on for similar errors.

11. Snebbers

Picked up a Gold Ore Seed said "Learned to craft a 'perfectly generic item'" Made an oopsie there :p

Also one thing that has been bugging me for a very long time, can you make the ore plants take up a 2 x 2 area rather than a one by one T_T I don't dare put the plants next to each other because I'm afraid they'll cause some god awful overlapping for the ores I mean, haven't used any of the others :)

EDIT: Tier 1 Plutonium seed just says "Seed" in the crafting menu.
    EDIT: Tier 2 Uranium seed just says "Large Seed" in the crafting menu

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  12. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I think he definitely intended for them to be 1x1 and I haven't had a whole lot of issues with awful overlaps, either.

The two edits to your post, I think it has to do with the length of the item names...not sure there's really a fix for that, unless he can make the font size smaller for them or something like that...or he abbreviates them. Something should really be done, I guess, though.

...can the UI window be made bigger w/the recipe list area getting the extra space, so the text can fit in there? *shrugs*

greenRAM likes this.
  13. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

Had a thought for a new plant.........a Leather plant!!!!!

greenRAM likes this.
  14. Snebbers

I fixed the bug that says "learned to craft perfectly generic item" upon picking up the gold seed, crafted the concentrated one and it says learned to craft perfectly generic item again :D Same issue, missing the t so all three goldseed.object, goldt2seed.object and goldt3seed.object require this change :)

Code:
      "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [
      "gold#seed"
      ],
    should be
    Code:
      "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [
      "goldt#seed"
      ],
    Large Iron Seed(t3) requires "perfectly generic item" to craft it. Same applies to the t4 recipe

You have
    Code:
      "input" : [
      { "item" : "ironst2eed", "count" : 1 },
      { "item" : "ironore", "count" : 500 }
      ],

And need
    Code:
      "input" : [
      { "item" : "iront2seed", "count" : 1 },
      { "item" : "ironore", "count" : 500 }
      ],

Also made every type of ore plant take up a 2x2 area because all I could see was a cluster of plants lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  15. StarDigger

StarDigger Orbital Explorer

How can we make concentrated liquid erecius fuel seed :O ?

16. Snebbers

Gold seed (t1) is called Gold Seed (Which is good!)
    Concentrated Gold Seed (t2) is called Concentrated Gold Seed (Which is good!)
    Large Gold Seed (t3) is called Concentrated Gold Seed (Which isn't so good! :( )
    Large Concentrated Gold Seed (4) is also called Concentrated Gold Seed (Which also isn't so good! :( )

shortdescription of goldseedt3.object and goldseedt4.object need to be changed to their respective tiers :)

greenRAM likes this.
  17. StarDigger

StarDigger Orbital Explorer

...?

18. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Is there a place I can look at to find the full list of everything seedable without digging through files or the four pages of update notes? ^^;

19. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

It definitely might be a good idea to include that on the main page of the mod, heh. *shrugs*

20. greenRAM