1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

Fixed Some discriptions

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1424581236][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Implemented most of your ideas. Still a few left to work on. With this much done I can at least begin and flesh out the additions I want for the FU mod. Might put it off for a bit though. This was a lot of work and I need a rest. :rofl:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Doskan likes this.
  2. greenRAM

Cost down + graphical improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Snebbers

Snebbers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Absolutely love this mod by the way, when you're at the end of the game and just have random fetch quests to complete so you can upgrade your ship (Seriously, a quest to get a stone USCM penal colony sign.... Why?) and can't be bothered hopping from planet to planet spending your time underground, you tend to get a little bored.

I did edit the mod myself though so each plant only gives one piece of ore each.... I had so much ore from mining that I made a good 5 - 10 of each plant... Now I have 30 of each type of ore plant.

But kudos to you, you managed to keep me from everything else as all I did was harvest crops for each day I played :O

greenRAM likes this.
  4. StarDigger

StarDigger Orbital Explorer

Just a simple question ; can we sell stuff in StarBound ? like to Avian merchant

5. greenRAM

Not yet. I guess the idea of a in-game economy is something that been talked about recently. It would be neat to see if they can pull of something balanced and simple, maybe even with something that shifts prices according to sector trends and trade routes. Maybe that's asking a little much though. I just remember Ambrosia's Escape Velocity series working out a system back in the day that felt pretty nifty.[DOUBLEPOST=1424637927][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The original system did seem off. I haven't played through the new system completely yet, but it feels like a workable challenge for new players so far. Any thoughts on the new tiered system for an end game player?

StarDigger likes this.
  6. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I'll download and test it out here in a bit, I'll be playing Starbound soon(ish) and just downloaded the new version. Will let you know how it works out, now that they're not just #s on paper. ^^

7. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Ok, so far it looks like the Rubium seed is not allowing you to learn the recipe upon pickup, so you can't refine it into a more concentrated version.

Haven't gotten to the liquid seeds yet, but...are the food, bone, etc seeds intended to not have this sort of tiering, too?

greenRAM likes this.
  8. greenRAM

FU addon!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1424654424][/DOUBLEPOST]Found that! I'll update a the fix right after I test out the liquid plants for the FU mod.
    Saw that! Sorry that I got the fix up so late. I wanted to get the first half the of FU addon up before I updated today.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  9. greenRAM

10. greenRAM

No tiers on food and other stuff. I'll do it if there's a demand for it, but I I doubt people will be to interested in things like tiered poop.... although now that I write it down it does sound appealing.

11. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, leaving them the way they are is probably fine.

The ore requirements may need to be lowered a bit...because 700 ore after 200 is pretty step...since the ore plants don't give anywhere near what the liquid plants do. Having the ore plants go 200 500 1000 instead of 200 700 4000 might be better...even 200 500 2000 would work, too. ^^

12. greenRAM

Sounds good. I'll change it up.

Until I make it far enough in the game I'll have to rely on recommendations for the later values.

13. greenRAM

14. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

welp i can't download the newest version of your mod because you put it on mediafire.

15. greenRAM

I'm sorry about that. I'd much rather use everything in site, but the file has gotten a bit too big. Is there another file shearing site that you'd recommend?

16. siegeseya

siegeseya Big Damn Hero

could you maybe add ferozium, impervium, ceruleum, steel and durasteel plants? i suggest they could be created like:

ferozium ore plant = aegisalt ore plant+ solarium ore plant

impervium ore plant = violium ore plant+ solarium ore plant

cerulium ore plant = rubium ore plant+ solarium ore plant

steel ore plant = iron ore plant+ oil liquid plant

durasteel plant = uranium ore plant+ titanium ore plant

greenRAM likes this.
  17. Doskan

Doskan Void-Bound Voyager

i just love this mod, and 100 ores/plant was just fine for me, but im not gonna complain...
    I just notice...
    - rubium ore doesn't show up in the upgrade thing
    - Iron/coal/gold/silver/titanium seeds doesn't have any icon (im just using these)
    - Healing water seed just take 10 liquid to make one seed

greenRAM likes this.
  18. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Have you considered making the snowflake, bone, etc. plants whose drops can be used to create blocks for building into tiered plants? Also, have you considered adding plants to grow Cell Materia, Flesh Strands...and any of the other "Micro Dungeon" drops that can't be gotten via growing saplings and whatnot?
    I'm not entirely sure if it costs money to set it up or not as I haven't tried (though I kind of have my doubts)...but have you considered using github? It's a coding site, but you could probably easily just put the 'basic' file for creating new seeds on there, as your code...and then you should be able to put your download on there, too. You can also add update notes on it, as well...so people won't be wondering if they've got the right version or not.
    It's not necessarily a bad idea, imo...but...it should also require resources. Say...for example...for Ferozium it would be Aegisalt Ore Plant + Solarium Ore Plant + Aegisalt Ore + Solarium Ore with the same ratios needed to create Ferozium (or replace the two ores with Ferozium Bars). That should just be for the starter plant. If you tier the plants from there they should just use the Ferozium Plant Seeds + Ferozium Bars instead of both of the other ore plant seeds and both ores.
    Are you using the latest version? I ask because it seems like he fixed that earlier (I haven't tested it yet, though). ^^

Keep up the good work, RAM! :D

19. Doskan

Doskan Void-Bound Voyager

Actually i got icons missing using this very last version, worked nice on older ones.

20. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Sorry..I should've been more specific. I was referring to the Rubium Seeds bit...unless he accidentally reverted his changes.