1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Show your Custom Signs!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Beatrice, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The sign shop is in the outpost. It lets you wire, copy, light, create, and animate signs.

It started as a mod but it's a vanilla part of the game now.

2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

heres mine
    [​IMG]
    one of my fav images on the internet =D

3. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

Just finished making a couple of animated signs to identify lockers.

the red marker in between the signs tells you what lockers have what, left and right:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  4. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

took me a second to understand what you meant, but that is an amazing idea! im totally not gonna steal that and show my friends as if I came up with that

The Squid likes this.
  5. Animaster78900

lol, go ahead. I'm sure out of the several thousand that play this game, at least 1 other person could have come up with this.

Skhmt likes this.
  6. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

Game over screens can be signs, too.

Attached Files:

7. Animaster78900

Made a computer monitor. The game on screen looks very familiar

[​IMG][​IMG]

also fixed the nav screen, now looks like an exact scale model of the nav window:

[​IMG]

8. Skhmt

That's a lot of cats.

Mackinz likes this.
  9. Animaster78900

I was grinding the mining mission for the hatch doors, picked up a cat per run. I have 5 cats. lol

10. Skhmt

How do you collect the doors? Can you break stuff after you finish the mission?

11. Animaster78900

the doors are blueprint for the hatches/doors from the mining mission are inside crates and lockers. It may take you several tries to get the hatch, you could also get very lucky and get it on your first try. Either way, it's not a very hard mission, so just bum rush the whole thing.

12. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

It's supposed to resemble an ancient cave drawing of sorts, just more futuristic.

It's "symbolic" of how Avians, although they don't possess wings, can still fly using SPAAAAAACE-ships. ^.^

13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I can only make signs with my name on them.:(

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  14. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

This is cool. I do the same thing, except not animated.

If the text scrolled up and down that'd be sweet.

15. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Is there a trick to do this? i mean, i can do 2 or 3 signs that joins together, but more than that i can't align
    EDIT
    Well...i figured out by myself and inspired by @Vrow i made this :
    [​IMG]
    (it was supposed to be a floran)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    TrueEdge, The Squid and Vrow like this.
  16. CrusaderDeleters

CrusaderDeleters Void-Bound Voyager

Yes. :p
    Grab something like Paint.net. Make an image that is exactly a multiple of 32 wide and 8 tall. Don't make it too big, or you won't be able to fit it on your ship. Now save the image.
    Then, you start up a new image, 32 wide by 8, and leave this blank. Now here is where the fun starts, From the top-left most corner, select an area 32w by 8h, and cut and paste it into your 32x8 image repository that you just made.
    Use this as a reference to make your signage sign. When done with the first sign, make a sign with all the colors you used on it. You don't want to have mismatching colors, now do you? :p Just take the colors you used, and make a 2x2 square for each of them.
    When you add a new color, add to the color pallet.
    Now that you're done making your first piece of the sign (and a pallet), go back to paint.net, and take the next 32x8 chunk, right from under the first one you made. Paste it into the 32x8, and use the small one again as reference. Repeat until you're done with the image.
    Note: It doesn't matter if you go top-down, left-right, diagonally, or just random. You only need to make sure that you're grabbing a 32x8 chunk and you can grab the rest of the image as 32x8 chunks if you do. T-D, and L-R is the easiest ways to do it.
    http://imgur.com/9wDmbfB
    As you can see, the red highlighted section right above the "d" is my 32x8 selection. You can see at the bottom left hand corner the top-left pixel selected (96, 8), and my selection size (32x8).
    Take the top left pixel selected, and divide the first by 32 and second by 8. You get 3, 1. (Programmers get why this is, but) This means that selected the 4th chunk right, and second chunk down.
    I mostly did top-down, but since three panels were the same thing top and bottom, I removed the other two and printed exactly three of each of the border.
    http://imgur.com/Qunt4Vi
    This is where you paste the 32x8 chunks to. When I did all of my signs, I forgot that P.N had a grid feature. Iamnotasmartman.png.

17. Skhmt

Or... Use starbound sign converter.
    /shameless advertising

Vrow likes this.
  18. CrusaderDeleters

That makes things so much easier. But it feels a lot better (to me, that is) when you take the time and know you wasted time.
    /shameless hard work

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  19. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I KNOW! That feeling when you look at your sign and be like "Yeah...worth every minute"
    ALSO i made this:
    [​IMG]
    It is wise to know your enemy

20. CrusaderDeleters

The first one is kinda meh with the face (I'd work on that), but I adore the second one. And if you can, try moving text (moving up) and with that little graph at the bottom.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.