1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Personal Submersible 1.1

Your Own Submersible to explore the depths of Oceans!

1. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius submitted a new mod:

Personal Submersible - Your Own Submersible to explore the depths of Oceans!

Read more about this mod...

2. KeberonNew

KeberonNew Intergalactic Tourist

Good day! I beg forgiveness for my English I don't know, and translates the text program.
    Wish to say Thank You for this mod! I have been waiting for something like this! But I will ask You for the future not to make unsubstantiated statements! The core of the planet with lava far more dangerous than just an ocean of lava! Your submersible well keeps the temperature in the oceans, but in the core of the planet it does not save from death. because there death comes not from the burn as soon as the script is - 100% of the max health of the character. However, this minor flaw. Level is unlikely to school, someone else will figure it out to make a base in the center of the earth by Jules Back!
    And once again thank You for the mod!

3. LiuKang

LiuKang Void-Bound Voyager

The whole idea is what I was waiting for ever since the ocean planets were introduced. Your mod seems great, but I'm not sure how do I use it. When I created the enabler for it, i got the info that it is active now. But when I choose the actual Submersible to build, both options are decorative and i can't do anything with them apart from placing on the ground. There is also no tech to be made and no hotkey is mentioned in your description. Could you clarify this a bit?

4. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

The quest should unlock the tech in your AI. It should be on the same screen as the boat. I don't think it appears if you already have it equipped. Unless I did something wrong and didn't get it to display, I'll double check that later.

5. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

6. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A very cool idea, I like it. Though in general am getting a little sick of tech based vehicle/boat system. I wish game had proper vehicles that you can construct and enter/leave in the game world rather than it being a tech. I got plenty of ideas how that could be made viable in-game and I am sure many other people do too, not sure if Devs realize this though. :/

7. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

It would definetely be cool, but I don't have enough lua experience to make it happen. :/ This submarine was Frankensteined from the boat tech and I'm afraid that's all I'm capable of at the moment.

8. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do not criticize your work, you did great. It was just random thought I wanted to share with everyone, that is all.

9. endermedic

endermedic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

still cant unlock it even if i did get the hotfix on... :<

10. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Unfortunately I don't have time to look into this again today. I'll try to see about it as soon as possible. For now you can unlock and equip the tech using starcheat.

EDIT: I just tested this with a fresh character and had no trouble. I'm going to reupload it, hopefully that should resolve any problems.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  11. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

12. jaspercayne

jaspercayne Void-Bound Voyager

How do I fix things if I ran through the first upload and now I cannot get my mitts on the tech since I have the quest marked as completed? Please do not tell me to clear my quest log database as I was stupid enough to test this on an endgame character... I'm trying to figure out how to do it through the /aiaction but I cannot seem to find the right way to call the command...

13. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Get Starcheat and add the tech with it.

14. jimmyjack

jimmyjack Phantasmal Quasar

I did the same thing and tech is not showing up, I would install starcheat but I hate the program I dont like installed outside of the game in an exe. Wish I could figure this out ive waited since i saw it early this morn at work on my phone after 12 hours I finally got to install and it got botched can't wait till this is fixed.[DOUBLEPOST=1424487197][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok tested again on a new character and with no luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1424487366][/DOUBLEPOST]I get this in my log file : Error: Could not instantiate item '[submersible, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'submersible'

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  15. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Did you delete your existing version of the mod before installing the reuploaded version?

EDIT: Just tested this again on a fresh character, and it worked. Here's what I did.
    • start new character
    • press enter and type /admin
    • go to your ship's ai and issue all available commands
    • press enter and type /spawnitem imperviumcompound 50
    • press enter and type /spawnitem scifianvil
    • press enter and type /spawnitem glassmaterial 10
    • press enter and type /spawnitem circuitboard 2
    • press enter and type /admin to disable admin mode
    • place repicator
    • scroll down and find recipe for submersible unlocker, craft it and click accept on the quest
    • open your ships ai, click on view techs, and find the submersible under "head"
    • equip it, in a starter ship with no objects placed, you should have space to deploy it by pressing F by default
    If you're not going to at least try and use starcheat (which is really easy btw), there's not much you can do about it without starting a new character. In which case this is not my problem. The mod works fine for me.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  16. jimmyjack

jimmyjack Phantasmal Quasar

Yes I deleted the mod i never overwrite mods. It could be a conflict with another mod i've tried everthing except starcheat. It completes the quest on both old characters and freshly started character, Its just it doesn't show up in tech page. Its even in completed quest menu. Unless its not uploading the updated file through the download link I see that all the time on this site. I always read about people not being able to push out the file they want with the download button because it reverts back to the old upload. I looked in my logs and its constanly spaming this error : 21:50:58.619] Error: Could not instantiate item '[submersible, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'submersible' --- over and over about 100 times. I have a very modded game, but I've also tried it on a fresh install of starbound and it still does the same. Just a heads up.

17. jaspercayne

jaspercayne Void-Bound Voyager

While you're advice to use starcheat can work, I was expecting to be able to use the aiaction enable tech submersible kind of idea, but you would need to actually code in the custom action, wouldn't you?

18. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Since you mentioned it, I double checked, and sure enough, this was the problem. The file in the download link is still the old bugged file from original release, and not my fixed version. I'm uploading the fixed version and updating the mod now as a download from external site. Thanks for mentioning that!

Yeah, you'd need to add in a custom ai action, which isn't really nececary when you can just unlock the tech via a quest. Every mod that adds techs for upbeat giraffe I've seen does it this way.

I do have an idea though, you could change the quest id so you are able to complete it on a character who had already completed it. This should be as simple as opening up the file for both the quest and the unlocker item and changing the quest id to something else in both instances. If you *really* don't want to use starcheat (which I honestly can't see why) then you can try it this way.

19. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

20. JamesDF14

JamesDF14 Void-Bound Voyager

This actually worked for me, thanks for helping fixing the problem :iswydt: