1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

I would love to have a tiny snowflake Christmas tree plant!!!! I have a great fondness for all things snow/winter/Christmas and I think it would be the cutest thing ever! Please (if you have the time) make such a plant a reality.
    And I am so glad you have continued this project and made it so much more than it originally was. Great job and keep up the awesome work:up:

2. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

KateisLost likes this.
  3. KateisLost

Love the snowflake tree!!!!!!!!!! <3Thank you!![DOUBLEPOST=1424245834][/DOUBLEPOST]Congratulations btw on that cool youtube showcase video!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    greenRAM likes this.
  4. greenRAM

5. greenRAM

6. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Nice. How about a bottled milk maid and a cheese plant, too?

...maybe even orange tree, apple trees...and an egg plant...as well as a chocolate plant (for giggles)? :rofl:

You should also probably rename the mod from "Ore PLants" to something like "Ore Plants and More" or something, too, lol. ^^

7. greenRAM

Looks like eLe's food-recipes has got most of the usable food covered either as plants or by making them craftable, and FrackinUniverse already adds fruit trees. I've always loved those delicious trees.

Thanks for the all the great feedback!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  8. greenRAM

9. StarDigger

StarDigger Orbital Explorer

Just asking... is starbound working for u live now !?

10. greenRAM

What do you mean?

11. StarDigger

StarDigger Orbital Explorer

I was playing with the pixel good store mod and it crashed and won't open starbound. then i teleted pixel good store and I saw that there is a problem with it

12. greenRAM

The last update changed something in the material files. The mod author will need to go through and update it with the change. It may take awhile for a mod that size.

StarDigger likes this.
  13. greenRAM

14. greenRAM

15. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

question. i use the fracken unvirse mod and was wondering if there could be a chance of adding seeds for it's ores/liquids?

greenRAM likes this.
  16. greenRAM

Looks like I've got the go ahead to work on the FF ore and liquid plants, though I might change up the balance for the entire mod before they're implemented as concern has been voiced... and I'm not without my own.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on new, more balanced drop rates?[DOUBLEPOST=1424508519][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Are the new liquid plants what you were envisioning, or were you thinking about something a little different?

17. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

The only thing I can think of...is...cut the max drop rates in half? Though, I'm not sure it's actually all that unbalanced when it comes to the current ore ones that are used to make armor, etc. The liquid drop rate could easily be cut in half and it still might be considered unbalanced imo, though, heh.

You could also leave the drop rate/growth rate on the ores the same and increase the amount of ore needed to create an ore seed considerably. I think, given the potential drop rates on all the seeds...it might be better if they all have an increased cost associated with creating the seeds. Increasing the cost by 5x still isn't all that much, imo (100 per ore/food seed...1000 per liquid seed).

Another option (the one I like, personally...heh) is to tier the seed creation so that the "Ore/liquid/food gets more concentrated in the plant" as they go up the tiers. This way the drop rates are also dependent on the tier, rather than solely on the seed and RNG.

Given that the potential drop rates for ore are 1, 2, 4, 16...and liquids are 5, 25, 50, 175...here are some example tiered values:

First off, change liquid drop rates to work like the ore in the method of increasing their drops. In essence...the above values would instead be 5, 10, 20
    • Tier 1 - Current seeds. Drop 1, 2, 4 ore/food...or 5, 10, 20 liquids. Seed cost can stay the same in this case, imo...maybe reduce the liquid seed cost to ~100 per seed, since they don't have the huge yields yet.
    • Tier 2 - "Concentrated" seeds. Drop 2, 4, 8 ore/food...or 10, 20, 40 liquids. Seed cost can be 10-25 of the tier 1 seed to create one tier 2 seed (so the ore cost would be 200-500 ore per seed of this type)
    • Tier 3 - "Large" seeds. Drop 4, 8, 16 ore/food...or 20, 40, 80 liquids. Seed cost can be 5 of the tier 2 seed to create one tier 3 seed, I'd say (so the ore cost to make one of these seeds is 1000~ ore per seed, starting from tier 1)
    • Tier 4 - "Large Concentrated" seeds. Drop 8, 16, 32 ore/food...or 40/80/160 liquids. Seed cost can be 5 of the tier 3 seed to create one tier 4 seed, I'd say (so the ore cost to make one of these seeds is ~5000)
    This way you can still get the large yield plants...but you'd have to put in work for it, and the lower tiers are more reasonable on their drop rates.

If you're planning on reworking the ore plants into the 'stalk' type of plants, as well...you could have the lower 2 (maybe even 3) tiers use the 'ground plant' type...with only the final tier (or two tiers) using the stalk plants...for differentiation purposes. ^^

greenRAM likes this.
  18. KateisLost

The liquid plants are pretty spot on in what I was thinking.:up: Quick question though. Is there any way you could make the very top of the liquid drop look a little more like it is coming out of a part of the plant? Like it is budding out from the stem itself? I think that might make them look a little better(IMO)

I can't wait to see what you do with the FU ores and plants! The blood liquid is the one I really want to see! Will you try to make the FU ores/plants look the same-ish as the vanilla ones? Or change them up to look kinda different?

Anyway you do it, keep up the great work!

greenRAM likes this.
  19. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I'd just say make sure that they're in a separate folder than the 'default' plants, since it's a mod add-on and not necessarily something everyone will use. :D

20. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

Tiered ore and liquid plants.

Read the rest of this update entry...