1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Refinery Completeness 1.3 Update for SB 1.1.1

Install mod, refine materials, ???, profit

1. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius submitted a new mod:

Refinery Completeness - Refine every ore, bar, compound, rod, and star!

Read more about this mod...

2. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

3. Saklad5

Saklad5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why isn’t Coal on the list? Once you stop using Torches as an endgame light source, it just piles up horribly. Could you add Wood as well, for similar reasons? You could just make it so we have to smelt it into Coal then refine that, alternatively.

4. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hmm, I could add coal with really low pixel return, say, 10 pixel per 1 coal. I'd rather avoid wood because wood can be farmed, and I'd like to avoid methods of farming pixels. With more saplings you can already farm pixels using crystal trees but it's such a low return it's not really practical.

Anyways with such a low return (if I were to add wood, it'd just be 5px per 1 wood) there's not much point. I also want to keep it reserved to minerals and similar things.

5. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

6. Saklad5

Saklad5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

7. ELYmod DLR

ELYmod DLR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any thoughts on re-balancing the values?
    Diamonds can't power you spaceship, and in a game where we explore space, I'd expect fuel source items to be at premium. High end equipment also skips right past diamond. Even 8 bandages from Infinity Express equal a diamond. Factor in that the recent durability nerf makes all picks/drills a poor investment.

A single diamond is required for the Portable Pixel Printer, no other uses, but somehow the most valuable ore...Something's not adding up.

EDIT: number of bandages and format

EDIT 2: Thank you for the mod, and the reasoning for its current values in your reply below. Enjoying it, and the fact that you leave the docs to massage if I feel too poor. Oh, and your Compressors as well.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  8. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I originally made this mod for Enraged Koala, only never released it. The upper tier materials would progress past the cost of diamonds where I think either Solarium Rods or Impervium bars were the highest value material, at 1000px return.

The problem with this, is I found it to be pretty overpowered. It was extremely easy for endgame players to make tens of thousands of pixels, which unbalanced the game as a whole, even at endgame.

With the values where they are now, it's still decently easy to make a good bit of money, but not as easy as it was in my Koala version. I like how it plays, you can still make a good few pixels refining your excess upper tier materials, but not so much that the value of pixels becomes depreciated.

Thing is, when you play with mods like the digger turret and mini-dozer, it becomes pretty easy to get lots of materials at endgame, and if high-tier materials had a return rate as high or higher than diamonds, it would be too easy to make money.

Anyways, you're free to make your own rebalanced version if you want. The recipe files are extremely easy to edit, just change the money value in the return section. I wrote a text file of what I wanted the values to be before I made any recipes.

9. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Just thought I'd mention this for anyone who is still using this mod and whatnot.

The dev team has added quite a few of the recipes that are in this mod to the vanilla game (though the values appear to be different...impervium compounds are 75 pixels per, for example).

However, the following items still can't be refined in the base game: Coal, Core Fragment Ore, Crystal, Monster Plate, Plutonium Ore, Plutonium Rod, Solarium Ore, Solarium Rod, Uranium Ore, Uranium Rod

As a result, these are the only recipes that are still necessary from the mod (I'm not sure if having the other mods might cause conflicts w/the refinery or not, tbh).

Also...Leather, Cell Material, etc. aren't on the list either, just so you know. ^^

10. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat