1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Admin Shield Generator Upbeat Giraffe

A shield generator for server admins!

1. iClearSkies

iClearSkies Void-Bound Voyager

Start off,

Great mod by the way! love it works on vanilla and other servers. However this may be some administrators on other servers have gone into the games PAK files and DELETED this item from the list of available items. Due to this when I joined their server and did not realize this it removed the switch from my ship and is now PERMANENTLY Frozen (Cannot break edit or change anything) please help yourselves by not making this mistake and if you know of a way to remove it it would be awesome.

2. Cräxiüm

Cräxiüm Void-Bound Voyager

Must this mod be installed server side? I just unzipped it into mod folder on my server but seems not be working

3. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Most likely. However, if you rename shieldkey.item (along with shieldkey.item's "itemName") to something cryptic, like with passwords, and configure adminshield.lua to check whether or not the renamed shieldkey.item is within the player's inventory, then not even those pesky griefers that have the default Admin Shield Generator mod installed on their own computers could hope to disable these shield generators, since the default shieldkey items wouldn't work. (In fact, I think that the default shieldkey items would turn into Perfectly Generic Items.)

4. Scynix

Scynix Big Damn Hero

Does anyone know if this works to protect a moon base from meteor showes? I've been desperately trying to find a solution. Moons have some of the best background vistas but they all suffer from meteor showers, and with the way weather works its impossible to build a large base without meteors spawning at the edge.

5. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

If ordinary shield generators don't do the job, then Admin Shield Generators probably won't either.

6. Scynix

Scynix Big Damn Hero

I never tried a normal shield generator, I wasn't even aware they were spawnable by players until I read this post. I'm attempting to use one and so far it seems to work, but it has some weird spots of vulnerability. Not positive why. If I let them get destroyed or mine them up, then replace them the replaced blocks are protected.

Working great so far. A+!

7. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

The plugin says its loaded

---
    [01:00:14.826] Info: Detected mod 'AdminShield' at '../giraffe_storage/mods/AdminShield/.'
    ---

But i cannot spawn the shield or key? It gives a generic item. Did the latest protocol break this mod?

sorry i just realised this is only for unstable.

Hope you get it updated!

P.S.

Does the user need to have the mod in their mod folder as well?

P.S.S

Will this break a ship instance when upgrading SAIL if the protection is on? I once did it with tile protection on and i broke my ship.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

9. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know if anybody else noticed but the shield generator seems to turn itself off when you shut down a server
    I'll test it some more before I confirm

edit: I confirm it does seem to be on for the default but not actually doing anything
    for example I need to place shield generator switch and turn it off and turn it back on for it to work

10. ShroomiteWarlord1

ShroomiteWarlord1 Poptop Tamer

Any chance you could make one for stable starbound? that would be really helpful.

11. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Yep im looking into it.

12. pandee

pandee Big Damn Hero

Hello!

I can't wait for an update =3!~

13. Kallyous

Kallyous Void-Bound Voyager

Great mod. I was looking for something like this.
    I am getting a very small shield. Something about 10 to 20 squares of shield. This sucks. T-T
    Am I the only one with such issue?

Edit: Well, seems like this small shield problem only happen on my ship. Seriously, am I the only one?

Edit2: The shield was not small. It was protecting only some blocks. Some close, that I noticed right after activating, and others far away, that I noticed later. After I removed EVERYTHING on my ship, walls included, and replaced all on their places again, shield worked normally. Still not sure about what was the deal.

Anyways, again, GREAT MOD!!!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  14. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Hey, honestly the mod is an alteration of an in game item. I didn't code the shield function, just added a key function to it. Sorry about the size. It seems to will block any blocks you place from being broken, but it doesn't seem to block spawned blocks like dirt. I'll be updating it soon for the next stable.

15. Kallyous

Kallyous Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, well, that makes sense. Haha.
    But it is working fine with what i build, now that i am aware of this little detail.
    Thanks for this mod. :)

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

"The generator will cover a very large area when toggled on."

Technical truth is best truth. "The entire worldfile" (that is, planet or ship) certainly counts as "a very large area"...