1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

To be honest, I like the idea of having the plants have tiers, like the person just above you said. Could have the 'default' seeds made from the main thing be combinable in another crafting table in order to increase the potency of them.

This way the 256 rare drops (and 16 for ores) aren't available right off the bat, and when you finally get to the 'final' tier you could have the rare drop yield more than the 16 at this point, as the time invested is higher, s othe drop rates could be better without pulling the balance out of whack.

I still think the price per seed pixel-wise that the other ore plants mod has should still be there, though. Seems a bit easy to get them, at the moment, balance-wise. ^^

2. Xacris

Xacris Pangalactic Porcupine

The other mod has pixel costs, but also has seed drops. Once you get about 10 plants in the other mod it becomes self-sufficient with seed drops. Not sure how you would do tiered seeds other than increasing the amount of ore/pixels it costs, and I don't think that level of complexity is really needed. The other mod has a 10% chance of dropping a seed, this one has a 10% chance to drop almost enough ore to make another seed.

3. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Xacris likes this.
  4. greenRAM

5. Xacris

Oooh, steak plants. You know what we need now? Bacon plants.

greenRAM likes this.
  6. greenRAM

I agree. Exponential growth on that one felt a little much.

Lots of great suggestions so far. Besides making more stuff to farm I'll try to think up a way to get tiers back into the project. For now, I really like the roulette style drop chances. The only thing I like more than ore farming, is gambling... and meat farming. I have a few vague ideas on introducing tiers again, but I'll have to experiment a little before I implement anything.

Glad that others on here are getting a kick out of this project. Feel free to pick up and run with anything I've done on here. It's just for fun. So lets have fun with it.[DOUBLEPOST=1423537030][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yup, going to go through the entire meat line eventually. The art will take time though.

7. Xacris

I'm not proficient with coding of any type, so I'm not likely to run with anything besides scissors. I will gladly experiment with stuff in game and provide feedback, however.

8. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

What about "Alien Juice"? I'm not sure if there's any use for it...but I got a bunch of it on an alien planet, and it's a liquid, so I figured I'd ask about it. :rofl:

9. greenRAM

:rofl: Try it out in the machine and have yourself an Alien Juice farm!

Alien Farmer: "My farm has never been so juicy!"

10. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

So I have a thought, and It's just a thought that you can ignore but I wanted suggest it.

Maybe some of the plants(future or current) could be based off of a few other plants. I think the water plants or maybe the new(and awesome!) raw steak plant would look great as a redone grape plant(or maybe boneboo). I think a little drop of poison hanging from a grape poison vine would look really cool! Or a big juicy steak hanging from the same type of vine would be sweet looking too (IMO). I also had a thought about the snowflake plant. I think it might look really good as a redone automato plant. Little snowflakes sprinkled up and down the stem would be so cute I think<3

Just a few thoughts from someone with no artistic talent. Keep up the great work with this mod!

P.S. I don't mean to say that I don't like you current models, I really do. Especially the new steak plant, I think that one is wonderfully done.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    greenRAM and Xacris like this.
  11. Xacris

I'd like to throw my vote in here for this idea! Would love for steak to be on boneboo, that is thematically awesome. A growing drop of liquid hanging on a vine would be really neat. I was thinking about this earlier, and was going to suggest a pitcher plant of some sort for the liquids, with the pitcher being full as showing that it is ready to harvest; that would take some pixel art from scratch though, and would probably be harder to do.

EDIT: Also, I think the Automato plant would be awesome for oil and liquid fuel![DOUBLEPOST=1423543360][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I like the rescaled liquid plant drops. Seems like a much more stable range of drops

greenRAM likes this.
  12. greenRAM

13. greenRAM

14. KateisLost

Love the oil plant! and the raw meat plant looks great:up: fantastic work and so fast!

15. Xacris

Wow, you are really on top of this!

16. New2Starbound

New2Starbound Subatomic Cosmonaut

Would it be possible to "grow" npcs as if they were crops? If they were paired with the Perrenial mod, then they could automatically re-seed themselves anytime they are "harvested" and eventually killed by monsters or me. And besides growing florans would be fun!

greenRAM likes this.
  17. Xacris

I'd just like to put a link to another mod here that I've found to be indispensable when using this mod- the Harvester Beamgun

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/harvester-beamgun.2523/

You shoot the gun at the plants and they drop the crops. Line it up so that it goes through all of them, you only have to shoot it one click. Really speeds up the harvesting process when your farm becomes huge like mine[DOUBLEPOST=1423590884][/DOUBLEPOST]My current farming project in-progress~
    2015-02-10_00005.jpg

greenRAM likes this.
  18. greenRAM

19. CatherineCat

CatherineCat Void-Bound Voyager

A poop plant.. really? :D may i ask.. i don't even.. why?

20. KateisLost

The seed icon for the fish plant is the cutest thing ever! and the idea to make a:poo: plant, so creative lol. I think they both look great as a remake of other vanilla plants. Keep up the great work