1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Underground Chocolate Biome Techest fix

An underground spawning biome made completely of chocolate!

1. DoomFire

DoomFire Existential Complex

DoomFire updated Underground Chocolate Biome with a new update entry:

Upbeat Giraffe Patch

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1423398329][/DOUBLEPOST]changelog:
    - Now completely compatible with other biome mods! (yay)
    - Removed Mocha plant. (confilct)
    - Removed Mocha drink (confilct)
    - Swapped the Liquid chocolate's slow effect with the Tarslow (I'm going to eventually replace it with something called 'sticky'.)
    - Added milk to the biome. (or I tried to, I haven't seen it appear yet, so I might only be able to have one liquid per Biome)
    - Hard Chocolate is slightly easier to break with your matter manipulator.
    - Easter Bunny spawner now crafted with Chocolate Eggs.

Upcoming changes:
    - Addition of another biome specific crop.
    - Biome specific microdungeons.
    - Liquid chocolate re-texture, to give it a thicker look.
    - Sticky effect added to liquid chocolate. Makes you move slowly along the ground, and slide down walls slowly when against them.
    - (hopefully) A biome specific mob.
    - Re-balancing all the consumables, and with any luck, adding a few more.

Please report any bugs if you find them! or even just things that seem a bit off, report anything really. Thanks, and enjoy!

Inny likes this.
  2. Magnusito

Magnusito Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can you tell us some coordinates to locate this sub-biome? I explored 5-6 forest/desert planets without luck and at this point i don't know if the mod is not working or i'm just unlucky.

3. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

unlucky. to bad we can not add it to the startingplanet generation :)

4. DoomFire

I think you've just been a little unlucky. It took me a little while to find it, but it usually does take quite awhile when trying to find a specific biome.

5. Magnusito

Magnusito Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can it spawn everywhere underground or just at a specific deep level? I will keep searching though, i want that chocolate D:

6. DoomFire

It can spawn on the first three layers of a planet. 3/5 anyway. Ignoring the surface level and the subsurface level.
    Also it can actually spawn on Forest, Desert, Ocean, Savannah, and Snow planets, But I thought that it was only worth mentioning the first two for sake of specifically finding the biome, because they're the easiest. The rest are for the sake of exploration. :p

7. AlexQuinn13

AlexQuinn13 Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't found any savannah planets in the nightly - unstable build. I like them too :( Have looked but not any luck so far, but will keep looking!

8. Xentor Antarix

I think he talks about Arid Planets.

9. AlexQuinn13

In the older version there were savannah planets. I think they just decided on using the arid ones instead.

10. DoomFire

Oh, Arid planets are called Savannah planets in the files, sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize. :p

11. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Shouldn't you have a cocoa plant? That makes sense in context, after all.

Also, is that liquid coffee or chocolate being used as the biome's 'water' ?

12. AlexQuinn13

Ugh yeah makes sense then. Tried looking at a few planets yesterday but no luck. Will try again later.

13. DoomFire

The problem with making a cocoa plant is that everything is already made out of chocolate, so I don't really know what it could be used for other than alternative crafting methods.
    Also the liquid is chocolate, currently it's only use is for making drinking chocolate, and then hot chocolate. But I will eventually be giving it more use, changing how it looks and giving it a different on-touch effect.

14. Xentor Antarix

Hmm, the chcolateplantharvestproduct could be useable to craft the chcolate blocks and craft the baseliquid itselfe at home (in case your home is not on the same planet). But than you would need many of the plantfruits (what ever fruits it gives), to make it still needy to find the Biom.

15. DoomFire

I suppose that's a possibility. Though the sheer availability of the chocolate biome blocks once you find it probably would make it a little redundant, even if the planet you find the biome on is far from your homeworld.
    Though I do admit it makes a lot of sense. So I think I will add it in the next update for the moment, or at least until I can think of something that has more use, which might be some time yet... hehe

Also has anyone found a biome with milk in it? I added it as one of the biome liquids, but I wasn't able to find any.

16. Xentor Antarix

I found not even onw without (Or better none general)
    Seems the spawnpossibility is very low hm?

17. DoomFire

I think it's just ignoring the second liquid I defined, I'm not completely sure if I can fix this, but the only other biome that has multiple liquids is the arid biome. It has Water and Tar (or Oil). I am not completely sure whether I have seen both being spawned... But it doesn't even have the spawn chance defined... huh. > - >

I'll try some stuff, though I really don't see why it wouldn't be spawning.

Also I just realized I probably wont be able to add a biome specific mircodungeon. o n o Damn... scratch that off the list I guess...

18. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Well, there's already a coffee plant, so you don't need the Mocha plant, is all. And the growable Cocoa crop would allow you maybe find it in other places than the chocolate biome; simply make it get added to the possibilities for Tropical Biomes/Planets to have.

As for the uses of the liquid chocolate... maybe make it burn you for (very little) damage when you're in it. Or put a debuff on you that makes you vulnerable to cold, the way Oil applies one that makes you vulnerable to fire damage.

As well, a good use for Milk and Chocolate would be making Chocolate and Milk Chocolate bars; this would almost necessitate having a crop available that can produce Chocolate, at least. Have the Milk Chocolate be a longer-lasting speed boost than the normal Chocolate.

19. DoomFire

The Mocha plant has been removed, which is the reasoning behind the plant revision. ^ - ^

I am pretty sure that cold was basically removed. Now there is just a static debuff that is applied on some planets and combated by the cold protection tech. So I would either have to make the chocolate remove the protection on-touch, or give cold damage. Both of which would VERY quickly kill the player. So I am not sure if anything like that would be suitable for the liquid.
    My idea was just to add a 'sticky' effect. making you walk slowly when on the ground, and also stick to walls and slide down them slowly. Basically the opposite of 'bouncy'.

I am probably being very pedantic about the cocoa plant. So I'll just add it and see how it goes.

Inny likes this.
  20. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

I meant vulnerable to cold damage. Such as ice-based weapons and attacks, which some monsters have. However, the 'sticky' effect might be interesting.