November 3rd - Dungeon Shield Generator Implementation

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Nov 3, 2014.

1. WombatLover

WombatLover Guest

Great work devs.. keep it up :)

2. TvrtleWaterBear

TvrtleWaterBear Void-Bound Voyager

Yes! This is so much better than being able to plow through walls and traps with a drill!

I'm getting hyped for the final release/next big update again :)

3. Kain Yusanagi

Kain Yusanagi Aquatic Astronaut

please for the love of crap allow us to still place torches/other light sources, so we can *see*. And some way to deal with dungeons that get part of them cut off.

kafkaphoenix likes this.
  4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

If you're talking about the erechius facility mission right at the start, go through the door to the right. Cut off means you need to go the other way. Also use a flashlight and flares.

MrStrangerPL, Nujuju299 and Kawa like this.
  5. Nujuju299

Nujuju299 Big Damn Hero

I've been meaning to get around to using my flares too, though they're hard to come by... If it's possible to buy more or craft them I think that would really help out too. My stable branch character just has a big stockpile of 10 whole flares that I'm likely to never use otherwise.

6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

You can buy flares at the outpost

7. Ttamage

Ttamage Big Damn Hero

I miss being able to hold a torch and have it light up the room, the flashlight is the only item that seems to work without placing it.

eksynn likes this.
  8. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

also, pixel printer.

me too...

9. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Will it be possible to build shield generators? I was hoping to be able to get them for my own planets in case one i like has meteor showers destroying things but the video makes it seem that wont be possible to collect them.

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

unfortunately they become Chips when you try to take them, I remember something about "terraforming" a planet you claim to change its weather and so, but that has not been implemented yet

11. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

You know what would be perfect? If my Avian, that have a damn spaceship and can craft a bazooka, wouldn't have to run around with a lamp on a stick. Seriously. Light emitting drone? Radioactive liquid in a jar? Backpack filled with flashlights? Anything that glows stronger than this lamp!

Ttamage and The Squid like this.
  12. Nujuju299

Nujuju299 Big Damn Hero

It would still be nice to get shield generators for your base so you can protect it against other players. I never personally had such an issue, but player related shield generators (At least so players cannot do anything to it themselves) while they're active. And since it's player related, maybe get some player ID switches going too? -- Switch activated, check if player is Nuju, if so, then activation succeeded.

Ttamage likes this.
  13. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh my. I reached the Weapon Testing Facility. I hope that person responsible for this mission will go to hell for what he did. 10k pixels, 90 medpacks, Accelerator pistols and armor. Pulse Jump, Energy Dash. Now I have 160 pixels, 0 medpacks, and still did not beat this f^cking mech. It is simply impossible. No, I cannot get better tech, because there are none. I've been playing for a really long time. Found one blank card. You know what's the best? Auto aiming rockets, with reflex of a hummingbird, that deal 100 dmg each? Naah. Maybe this Flamethrower? Naah. Dashing is the best. This retarded robot Dashes 2 to 3 times. Dashes instantly, deals 183 dmg each touch. GG. You're dead. Mega f^cking fun that is. Also what a arena you're fighting on! The strongest mind must've builded it.

Ttamage likes this.
  14. FoggyPaws

FoggyPaws Subatomic Cosmonaut

lol it's not even that hard man, I beat it using the max tier armor I could get a hold of and a hammer of the same material

15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Are the dungeons currently supposed to have shield generators, or is that only for the missions?

16. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

only the missions that i can see, Also the villages have them, I only know for sure the Apex have it as i haven't found any others since i'm stuck in the starting system.

The Squid likes this.
  17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Ah. Avian villages don't have them, that's for sure.

18. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I think if they add them to other villages they'll be planning to make new designs fitting to the race of the village.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

What?

20. FoggyPaws

FoggyPaws Subatomic Cosmonaut