Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

2. shabadoo1927

shabadoo1927 Void-Bound Voyager

here is my beggining house i hope you all like. 211820_screenshots_2013-12-15_00002.jpg

Pohany, eclaudiac, Huninn and 5 others like this.
  3. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Look cozy.

shabadoo1927 likes this.
  4. shabadoo1927

shabadoo1927 Void-Bound Voyager

I only got the ability to make small cozy houses. I have tried to make huge ones but i lack the creativity. They end up looking Like massive squares. I give all you builders that make those huge bases kudos.

5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I can only make giant underground bunkers that look like a giant rabbit dug a hole and pooped out some random furniture everywhere.

Fleshdancer likes this.
  6. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

7. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

New stable, new house.

BeachHouse.jpg

8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

My house got deleted. I now live in a small hole furnished with a torch and a couch I stole from an Avian.:(

Airling likes this.
  9. Sese

Sese Pangalactic Porcupine

10. Khatsworth

Khatsworth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Been looking forward to the new stable for a long time, and now that me and my GF have largely finished progression, we're onto building a suitable base for our intergalactic duo. :D
    We've had moon bases and jungle bases before, so this time we decided to set up underwater! It's still very largely a Work in Progress, but here's the ocean floor airlock exit.

[​IMG]

It's set up so the buttons work as toggles, with only one door ever opening at a time. I couldn't really be bothered wiring it so that the inner door waits for the water to clear out though, so I just put a drain on the other side where the stairs are. ^^; I like the wall patterns from my old base, so I ended up reusing some of it for this.

[​IMG]

Futher in, we can see the lab and generator areas my partner made while I was busy setting up the central shaft and the unfinished room to the right. :)

11. Khuur

Khuur Pangalactic Porcupine

It's just a little house, maybe a gazebo of sorts, commemorating the beam down point, using interior panelling scavenged from my derelict ship as a cover from the frequent rains, and wood from the native trees for structural support. First time I've ever tried decorative building. SBhouse.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    shannyxvx, Comito, Davarpe and 5 others like this.
  12. ShueDonham

ShueDonham Title Not Found

[​IMG]
    thank goodness for the outpost microdungeons
    also heres my old home in unstable before i screwed up massively and rendered my old character inaccessible
    [​IMG]
    rest in pieces, hylotl grenadier

13. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

The Mansion on my starting planet. The furniture is still a bit rudimentary and I want to move somewhere else, but every time I come back to look at it I think of staying. Maybe ad a few other houses in the vicinity. And some secret labs or so deep in the mine I dug in the deeps.

[​IMG]

14. Khatsworth

Made some progress!
    The beam-in room is done. :3 Used the /admin commands and set it so that players beam in directly on the platform where I'm standing. The convenient glassless window in the background allows beaming out too! No more having to beam down to a deserted island and let myself sink for a bit before getting home. :rofl:

[​IMG]

Just below to the left is the workshop and cargo room, for all our crafting needs. I also added an airlock for quick acess to the outside, and redesigned my system to make it a little bit better!

[​IMG]

Speaking of wiring, I've been having fun finding more uses for it. Such as making these corridor lights that switch on only when someone's coming into the room!

[​IMG]

Using the same wiring as for the above airlock, I set up the ones for my partner's rail takeoff station. :3
    A button/console on the outside will toggle the inner lever if necessary, which otherwise toggles which door is open. And while there's any water still present, the inner door stays shut and the alarms stay on. I'm quite happy with the result. ^^
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. TheFloranChef

That is really beautiful @Khatsworth ! Underwater bases are a lot of fun. Mine is doing well too:

CommandCenter.jpg

16. Khatsworth

I saw in the other thread! I actually figured out the wiring for my airlocks from looking at your pics and @Kidou 's. ^^

And thanks! The current part of the base I'm working on is functional, but I've got plans for some derelict sections. I'll have to grab more screenshots once those are done :)

17. TheFloranChef

Your base is bad news for my Hylotls, they thought Florans wouldn't like oceans and there they are... :viking::hylotl:

The Squid likes this.
  18. Khatsworth

No worriesss, Floran try thisss "getting along" thing! Ocean full of other tasssty feesh to eat.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  19. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

Great underwater bases!

I stayed on the surface and added a garden to my house.

[​IMG]

Akula079, Gotcha!, janovick and 6 others like this.
  20. Khatsworth

Thanks! Neat layering to your garden, btw. I didn't know the lattice blocks could make a pattern with larger gaps O: I'm guessing it involves just spacing out the blocks, or is that a different type of block altogether?

As for me and my GF, we had a productive morning. :D
    Starting from the previously shown rail station, the lower rail now leads to an old, derelict mining operation.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The ore lift in the second picture is a tweaked design based on the one from the screenshots of @SivCorp 's crazy awesome Rise of Fum al Samakah build.

But anyway. Some parts of the facility were abandonned due to flooding. Others to... something else.
    (that last pic doesn't do justice to the corridor's ambience. Huzzah for flickering lights!)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

---
    On the right side of the main facility, a large glass tube leads to the humble beginning of the city-section. :D

[​IMG]

Jackie2581, Akula079, Vrow and 6 others like this.