1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ground-Penetrating Radar Station v1.45 (p1.2)

A machine which scans and displays your surrounding environment.

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Wellbott submitted a new mod:

Ground-Penetrating Radar Station - A machine which scans and displays your surrounding environment.

Read more about this mod...

DarthTrethon likes this.
  2. Wellbott

3. Wellbott

4. addfuture

addfuture Void-Bound Voyager

im guessing this doesnt work for enraged koala?

5. Wellbott

Upbeat Giraffe+ I'm afraid. Engaged Koala is missing some necessary scripting features.

6. addfuture

addfuture Void-Bound Voyager

ah thats what i thought. good job with the mod anyway :)

7. Wellbott

DarthTrethon likes this.
  8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Everything you make seems to be always amazing.
    You seem to have the Midas touch to modding.

lordbociek likes this.
  9. Wellbott

I do feel a bit like I'm on a roll. Burning that modding nitrous or something.

10. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Can this be done more handy perhaps? As wearable thingi, but than with lower range? Would be a cool gmmic :)
    But real no joke that is fraking cool, you made a Map.... what the origina game has still not.
    Respect...
    And if the displayradius zoom could be increased you could make a whole planet minimap :) (A thing many people asked yet for since long)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  11. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I doubt it can be wearable.....but portable I imagine yes, like a weapon, press fire and map pops up....or as tech, same concept. Would be cool.

12. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

Yes that is what I thought, a item you can use like a weapon.
    (there is a Mod that uses the MM Model to illuminate Ores when you use it).
    Like that, but it should have a lower range like the "to place" Object.(the now console) because (in roleplay) it is natural weaker in power and capacity.

13. DarthTrethon

Not necessarily......look at the advancement of videogames and portable electronics, we are on a slow and steady but firm and unavoidable reality in which even the most demanding and new games out will at one point be playable on any handheld device anywhere......starbound takes place in an insanely distant future where space travel is as easy and convenient as driving your car two blocks down the road and there are matter manipulators that can change the scale of large objects to make them fit in your pocket. A portable scanner being insanely powerful? Pfffft, no problem, should be easier than cake for the extremely advanced technology of the distant future. Want to role-play? Make that portable scanner more powerful, I can believe that no problem......much harder to believe it's more limited than the huge one.

14. Fusnax

Fusnax Big Damn Hero

Excuse my ignorance, but the GPr folder goes into /mods/ right, I put it there, but I can't find the recipe in the crafting table

15. DarthTrethon

Which /mods folder did you put it into? If you put it into /Starbound/Mods folder then it won't work, mods don't go in there anymore. If you put it into /Starbound/giraffe_storage/Mods then you should be good to go.

Fusnax likes this.
  16. Sharp57

Sharp57 Orbital Explorer

I'm actually having trouble getting the device to work. I place it and click on it to use it and my game crashes. I've tried twice, crashed twice.

Edit: I've tried in OpenGL as well and it crashed still. I'm sure I missed something. I placed the folder in the giraffe mod folder and I can buy the device, but I just can't use it.

17. Fusnax

Fusnax Big Damn Hero

Oh thanks, I didn't know that

18. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be okay if I make this into a head-slot tech item? I can either post the tech version here, or with your permission (and credit to you) release it as part of a mod pack?

19. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Ground-Penetrating Radar Station with a new update entry:

Camera panning, fancy graphics, better tooltips, and colored liquid

Read the rest of this update entry...

DarthTrethon likes this.
  20. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Soooo... now the only way this can get better is if theirs and hand-help version for better accesability during mining trips. Other than that I think this mod it perfect.