1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated United Systems Enhancement [0.25]

New dungeon, weapons, armors, furniture, craftable guns and even more.

1. RaTmAnPL

RaTmAnPL Void-Bound Voyager

2. RaTmAnPL

Sorry for late response, but I was busy making next update.
    Yeah, I know it's pretty bad, but unfortunately I don't even have old ID's. So, not much to do from my side. However, I'm not sure if it'll work, but you can try this: Get the Tiles and Materials (This one is in Items folder) folders from version you're playing on, and replace with them same folders in new version.

Heh, pretty nice.
    Making bots friendly you say? Well, I think you can try copy the lua. behavior from some "friendly" monster, like cleaningbot, and replace with it the Serpent Droid behavior. Not sure, but it can work.

3. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

That's what I did, and it worked. I'll have to carry those changes whenever you make an update though. Speaking of which, gonna try that new update today. :)

Speaking of tiles though, it'd be nice if they supported being painted by the painting tool. It'd be a bit of work but it'd be nice to have.

4. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

I'm poking around in their behavior.lua files... but I really don't understand a thing that's going on in there. I'm gonna just try copy/pasting it and hoping for the best, but we'll see.

Too bad I killed off all the serpent droids. Too bad there's not a mod to BUILD YOUR OWN ROBOTS... wonder why that's never been done. Heh. Who knows. Maybe once I figure all this out, I'll know enough about lua to make mods of my own. For now, I'll just be happy to be able to roleplay my human soldier properly. Without fear of unwarranted robo-slaying.

5. TracerFox

TracerFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heyas! Hoping that you could help me figure out an odd error I've been seeing in my log files since installing this mod.
    Note, the errors here do not cause the game to crash, however I'm not sure if they're preventing the mod form working at all, since I've yet to encounter any of the human colonies.

Code:
    Error: Could not load /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightcel.png:default.default asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such frame default.default in frames spec /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightcel.frames

Assets::loadImage(String)
      Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)
      Assets::image(String)
      ImageMetadataDatabase::imageSpaces(String, Vector<float, 2u>, float, bool)
      ObjectDatabase::parseOrientations(String, Variant)
      ObjectDatabase::readConfig(String)
      ObjectDatabase::load()
      Root::reload()
      _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Error: Could not load /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightground.png:default.default asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such frame default.default in frames spec /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightground.frames

_Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
      BaseThreadInitThunk

Error: Could not load /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightgroundleft.png. asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such asset '/objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightgroundleft.png.'
      Assets::open(String)
      _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadBaseImage(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
      Assets::loadBaseImage(String)
      BaseThreadInitThunk

Error: Could not load /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightgroundleft.png.:default.default asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No associated frames file found for image '/objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightgroundleft.png.' while resolving image frame '/objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightgroundleft.png.:default.default'
      BaseThreadInitThunk

Error: Could not load /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightleft.png:default.default asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such frame default.default in frames spec /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightleft.frames

BaseThreadInitThunk

Error: Could not load /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightright.png:default.default asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: No such frame default.default in frames spec /objects/colony/colonyfloodlight/colonyfloodlightright.frames

BaseThreadInitThunk

6. RaTmAnPL

No need to worry. It's just from some bugged object files I forgot to delete. Like, it really has no impact on the game, except these log files.
    But still, thanks for info.

7. Zeronet

Zeronet Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome mod. Love all the additional sprites. More static vehicles would definitely be cool in my opinion. The little truck is great. Touches that like makes it feel more of a lived in place.

8. RaTmAnPL

For everyone who's waiting for new update - Sorry for long absence, but I was on long trip. I come back today, and started makin' new update. Stay still folks.

Presios Saiyan likes this.
  9. CarthBlaze

CarthBlaze Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you to the author you helped me fix my crafting problem it now all shows up. Great mod in all Please never abandon this mod PLEASE never abandon the mod

10. hotshot344

hotshot344 Void-Bound Voyager

what are some coords for a colony? cant find any

11. Zeronet

This still being worked on? I'd hate to see it go dark.

12. ravenvalentine

ravenvalentine Void-Bound Voyager

just wish to ask will it mess with any of my mods ? i have ff and few others.. any info on how to see if the mod is working fine and not conflicting with any others will be nice~[DOUBLEPOST=1419996983][/DOUBLEPOST]how did y
    how to do that ? please explain in away we can understand **aka best you can ** :rofl: your fellow uscm bro

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  13. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

RaTmAnPL, are you planning on updating this or maintaining it in the future? If not, I am interested in, at the very least, porting it to upbeat giraffe. There'll be a lot of files to rewrite but since as far as I know the mod isn't lua dependent it's a pretty manageable task.

However, you've stated in permissions that altering or redistributing the mod can't be done without your permission. If you don't respond in a week I'll assume this is abandoned and begin porting for personal use. Not sure if I'll end up releasing it if I do port it.

14. Norway174

Norway174 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Probably shouldn't without his permission. Even if he's abandoned it.

Which is a shame. I was hoping maybe I could include, or use some resources for my race mod.
    This would fit perfectly.

15. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

In the Morrowind modding community, when a modder was unable to respond to contact requests for some time, we had a policy that it was okay to release things without their permission, as long as we gave credit where credit was due, and put a disclaimer noting that if the original modder wishes, they can contact the author and have the mod taken down or otherwise.

Heck, a lot of modders will even state that if an attempt to contact them is made and they are unable to respond you're ok to go ahead and release whatever you were trying to get permission for.

I'm not sure what Chucklefish's policy is on this type of thing though. Whether they permit it or not on their own modding site. I suppose if the time comes, I'll contact some of the forum staff to ask about it. I would hate to see such good content disappear because the original modder abandoned it. And I also see no problem with taking the helm if the original modder is unable to reply to attempts made to contact.

16. Norway174

Ah, I see. Okay.

Let's hope they would be fine with it then.
    ... Or the original modder returns. :p

17. Zeronet

Porting it to upbeat giraffe can't be terribly objectionable. They haven't been on the forums since september. I think the author would rather people were able to use their mod than not.

18. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I *do* plan on porting it, I've just been focusing on smaller projects for now. Porting United Systems Enhancement is going to be a lot of work, since I'll have to rebalance the weapons, redo all the recipes, rewrite all the material files, rewrite all the gun files, and adjust the worldgen to accomidate for the new syntax.

19. Norway174

Sounds like you might be better off just making a new mod then? And not have to worry about the copyright issues. And even throwing that work away if the original moder returns and wants you to take down yours.

20. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

While I do want to port United Systems Enhanced, I can't say I want to be responsible for updating it with new content. The most I was going to do as far as "new content" is make the tiles paintable. I'd much rather port it to Upbeat Giraffe, then have RaTmAnPL use my work as a base for future updates if he comes back.

It's far too early to decide I'd actually continue support for this, or remake it into my own mod, as I haven't actually done any real work yet. :/ However, once I port my unmounted defense turrets mod, and finish helping another modder with something I promised to do, this'll likely be the first on my list. ;)

CrimsonGiraffe likes this.