1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Glowing Chests 6.2

For all you explorers out there! It makes chests glow, making them easier to spot.

1. CyborgDragon

CyborgDragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

CyborgDragon submitted a new mod:

Glowing Chests - For all you explorers out there! It makes chests glow, making them easier to spot.

Read more about this mod...

2. CyborgDragon

3. CyborgDragon

4. Randou

Randou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

love this mod, I must confess that helps me find a lot of treasures :rofl:

I would like to make a suggestion to improve the mod:

we can reduce the radius of light, that this is smaller (yeah, it helps me a lot to find the chests, but it's also like doing a little cheating)

to give more 'color' to the mod, you can give it a blue color to the big chests, as these always contain a weapon. the chest "green tech" may have a green light.

I have already done this, so I know it's possible, so I wanted to make this suggestion for future updates

5. CyborgDragon

6. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

7. CyborgDragon

No, the entire point of the brightness of the colors is so they stand out. You can tweak the mod yourself, if you really want, but my official version will always be fullbright, so that the chests maximally stand out.

8. apinanaivot

Well, can I make my own mod that would have less bright chests or would you consider it as copying your mod?[DOUBLEPOST=1420027798][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Seems like someone already copied your mod by making ore and chest glow.

9. CyborgDragon

Yes, you don't even have to credit me, though it would be appreciated. (See the mod pack and mod assets permissions at the bottom of the mod page.)
    I figured someone would take my glowing plutonium mod and expand it to all ores, haha.

10. Mayoko

Mayoko Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mod may need an update for Unstable... recent asset renaming and other changes appear to have effected this mod.

see log:

[11:21:38.896] Error: Could not load /objects/generic/gunchest/gunchest.object asset, using default.
    (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /objects/generic/gunchest/gunchest.object
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /objects/generic/gunchest/gunchest.object
    Caused by: (VariantPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. Could not apply operation to base. Attempted to add a value to already existing key: lightColor
    [11:21:39.083] Error: Error loading object file /objects/generic/gunchest/gunchest.object: (VariantException) Cannot call get with key on Variant type null, must be Map type

For now users can delete the object at \Starbound\mods\glowing_chests\objects\generic\gunchest\ gunchest.object.patch and the game should run fine.

I guess the developers might have added glow to that container on it's own?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  11. Nelriana

Nelriana Aquatic Astronaut

Can't wait for an update to the stable release, this mod was extremely useful

12. apinanaivot

You know... this is working in stable

13. Cylek

Cylek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Got this error on stable branch too.

14. enigma576

enigma576 Void-Bound Voyager

Fixed it. Error is occurring because the mod is trying to add something that is already there.

Change gunchest.object.patch to:
    Code:
    [ {
      "op": "replace",
      "path": "/lightColor",
      "value": [255, 0, 255]
    } ]

Crisium and Leinad Werecat like this.
  15. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks, that fixed it for me too! Much appreciated.

16. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for this, I was just about to post the error log. Good look'en out Brah :)

17. RaidenRaccoon

RaidenRaccoon Orbital Explorer

Can't seem to get this mod to work for me. I deleted the gunchest folder, but none of the chests I find glow. I'm running Upbeat Giraffe update 2 Protocol 668

Nvm. Adding it to my server's mod server seemed to resolve the issue

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  18. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Aww... I can't seem to change the glow color to something I like... I had an older version of this a long while ago and was able to modify the glow color. Not this time though it seems :_(

19. CyborgDragon

Working on an update because I realized they moved around and renamed a few of the chests.
    Open the .patch files in a text editor and change the value line. It's in RGB.

20. CyborgDragon