1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So... Giant Mobs + Ocean Biomes = RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Beathrus, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, who thinks we need a Kraken like mob for ocean biomes? I mean, really... I want a Kraken or a Cthulu!

2. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Curiosity. A monster like the one in this human book called "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" ? X3

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  3. Beathrus

o.,o Maybe. There is plenty of references for it. I hope for one such as this. [​IMG]

4. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I see your Kraken, and raise you one Charybdis.

[​IMG]

Uzkniso, Kerghan, Serenity and 2 others like this.
  5. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Envy. I must have one ! I just need a big big aquarium and a large capture pod.

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  6. Huami

Huami Pangalactic Porcupine

sick ^_^

Serenity likes this.
  7. Beathrus

I see your Charybdis, and raise you a better picture!

[​IMG]

Uzkniso, Kerghan, Serenity and 5 others like this.
  8. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to have giant, stationary, space-barnacles that spit acid and swing around massive barbed tongues, but can retreat into their shells if you get too close.

9. Mendacium

Mendacium Industrial Terraformer

+1 for Cthulhu. Given that there is already a tentacle meme in the game, I would love a little more overt mythos element in the game. It would actually be really cool to have a separate Deep One race on ocean planets, perhaps populating ocean environment dungeons or aggressive/enemy towns.

10. Beathrus

I like that idea, I'd be cool if the Hylotl and them had like battles on the ocean floor. xD

Kaede Grimwater and Mendacium like this.
  11. Boa-Noah

Boa-Noah Void-Bound Voyager

I imagine we'll get a kraken-esque boss when the Hylotl stuff is fully introduced [like dungeons and cities and all that stuff], until then I don't see why we couldn't have giant sharks and whales and other nasty fishy beasts.

Giant enemy crab, anyone?

Kerghan, Kaede Grimwater and Beathrus like this.
  12. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

= I'd. I'd never go to an ocean biome again o.0

L. F. Oxidizer and The | Suit like this.
  13. Gorvi

Gorvi Subatomic Cosmonaut

-Throws slipper at it-

Kaede Grimwater and The | Suit like this.
  14. Beathrus

Hm... Those are good ideas, Giant Crab, Mollusk, Sharks, maybe even whales you can ride on? Hm... But Yeah, still want Cthulu and kraken. xD Just so like.. Box it in, with some materials, invite someone to your ocean world.. and be all 'RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! "

15. Helena Vinelash

Helena Vinelash Big Damn Hero

I'm sorry, but I'm already afraid of Falling, and I need to do so to enter Ocean biomes and progress, I REALLY don't want to have a giant monstrosity scare the living daylights out of me and scarring me from ever getting kelp because I'm an absolute wuss gob.

In other words, this would be totally cool :D

That or a giant shark.

16. Hadies237

Hadies237 Title Not Found

Oohk then while you guys are comparing monsters I'm going to go find my jar of dirt :cautious:

But seriously huge sea monsters would make the oceans sooo much more interesting

17. Mutant1988

Mutant1988 Void-Bound Voyager

Read: Terrifying.

Seriously though, pitch black deep sea with gigantic monstrosities lurking would be horrific.

I like it. Make it happen Chucklefish.

18. Akadzjian

Akadzjian Aquatic Astronaut

Hate to bring cthulhu back onto this, but the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game has the second best picture of cthulhu *ever*[​IMG]

19. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Anything but sunken ships is fine, pls...
    I know, it's kind of an irrational phobia. But big, scary things jumping at me out of any possible angle is bad enough. To do so while possibly getting me trapped inside a godforsaken structure at the bottom of the ocean, I'll freak out...
    Please Chucklefish don't make me go inside a sunken ship for progression... ç_ç