1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Admin Shield Generator Upbeat Giraffe

A shield generator for server admins!

1. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar submitted a new mod:

Admin Shield Generator - A shield generator for server admins!

Read more about this mod...

2. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

3. rasvexes

rasvexes Aquatic Astronaut

Still not working :)

4. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  5. magmarocos

magmarocos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I honestly like something like this for single player as thats what i play most of the time. the reason? 2 words meteor showers. I know theres mods to get rid of them but i still like the immersivness of it. if there is one and I missed it I would dearly love to know about it. otherwise i like the idea of a shield generator being a part of the game.

6. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

You don't have to worry about those in unstable. You can see a planet's weather before going to it, and the default world doesn't seem to have meteor showers anyway.
    Also, the shield doesn't work on stable, and won't. It uses a function from unstable.

7. magmarocos

sorry Cactaur i meant if there was a mod to do the shield generator in single player then I missed it.

8. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Don't apologize, did I sound hostile? Sorry if so.

Do you play stable, or unstable version? Stable: Probably not, it would be a lot of work to hand code that machine.

Unstable: If you wanted the shield without the key: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40286667/SpawnableShield.zip

The key itself just stops non admins from using it. The above link is a shield that anyone can toggle.

It does not sound like you're playing on unstable though?

9. magmarocos

you weren't hostile not to worry. I'm in no way a coder just a humble player so i am on unstable. Thanks for the help i have a stupid habit of using planets (or moons) with a chance for meteor showers as a perfect place for my bases. lol

10. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Ah gotcha. Yeah both files will work solo, but that second one doesnt require a key.

/admin
    /spawnitem shieldgenerator 1

11. magmarocos

works great keep up the good work and thanks again Cactaur

12. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

You're very welcome!

13. Raxial

Raxial Space Hobo

ive installed it and spawned the items placed the shield and activated with a key but i can still destroy blocks?

14. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Can you please explain how this works online? Players crash normally when they walk near modded items they don't have installed that the server they're on does have installed. Does this still protect blocks they try to modify or do they crash?

15. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, It appears everything in this mod uses existing assets, Like the wall lever, the tech card,and the existing mechanic that shield generators from dungeons use. Thats why it can be server compatible, Other players already have all the involved assets/mechanics in their starbound, this mod just uses them in a slightly different way to create what it does :p

PS: I've been looking for a way to have a shield generator like this even just for singleplayer, Any chance of making a craftable one, either as a separate mod, or as part of this one? Craftable one could work just like a normal shield generator, (with a smaller area maybe?) in that it can be toggled off and on without a key, so you have to use other means to protect it.

16. Silverforte

Alright, but does the protection actually work for players joining a server who don't have the mod?

17. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Again, The mechanic itself is already part of the game, (Shield generators and dungeons, Erchius mining facility, etc) so..yes, it should work just fine whether they do or don't have the mod.

18. Silverforte

Sorry, skimmed the post and didn't notice you said mechanics. Got a ton of stuff happening right now. Thanks for your help. Really hope to see this updated to stable soon.

19. Plnda

Plnda Industrial Terraformer

Strange behaviour on your ship, part of my ship is shielded and part of it is unshielded cant unshield it anymore

20. FDru

FDru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same problem as above. Certain areas of the ship are still able to be broken. Also, this doesn't prevent removal of platforms, which allows breaking of chests that are on top of platforms.

Just wondering, if someone else had this mod could they spawn themselves an admin key and use it in someone else's game?