1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits 3.7

Some edits and additions to Alsehr's awesome Orpheus Colony ship.

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM submitted a new mod:

Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits - Some edits and additions to Alsehr's awesome Orpheus Colony ship.

Read more about this mod...

2. greenRAM

3. AdosGearheart

AdosGearheart Aquatic Astronaut

I'm curious, would this work overwriting the previous version of the ship? I had the regular version before Enraged Koala launched and now I'm hoping to upgrade to this one without losing my ship's contents. Either way I'll probably go with this one but I'm hopeful to keep my things! ^_^

4. greenRAM

I'm not really a computer guy, but from what I know your character has a shipworld that saves the world after you first start the game. To play with this ship you'd need to start a new character or wipe the character's ship world by deleting it from the starbound/player folder.

I'm sorry that's not a lot of help. Changing ships for characters already in game is usually a bit of hassle, involving taking everything you want to keep out of the ship, deleting the shipworld file, adding the new ship and then starting up the game again. I guess that's why there's never a lot of interest right away for new ship designs, though they're sure fun to work on!

5. AdosGearheart

AdosGearheart Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, that's essentially what I was expecting but I'm still really wanting to try it out. Thanks friend! I'll be sure to give a review after playing it.

6. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits with a new update entry:

Tiered version for Upbeat Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hi wanted to ask:
    it only affects newly created characters right?
    old characters will keep their old shipworld files
    i have some charcters playing on servers and i dont want to mess them up

8. saf8772

saf8772 Void-Bound Voyager

How do i update the ship i did all the story line quests and all the side quests in the outpost and i tried every way to update the ship but nothing,can someone help me plz.

9. Velken

Velken Void-Bound Voyager

I've made i test myself, if you use the mod with a existing character that has the ship with the FTL fixed, then (after installing the mod) upgrade to Sparrow class, you get to the point "T4: racial ship docks with the mining bay and unlocks the first area." but, your ship looks like that the FTL haven't been fixed.
    Just a visual thing, does not affect gameplay. (Yet, i have to test what will happen if i upgrade to next class)

10. greenRAM

This shouldn't change your character's shipworld until you update your ship, though I'd still be leery about having any mods like this one installed while playing in multiplayer as it changes some of the ship assets.

Darn it. Looks like I used the t2 vanilla ship for the glitch. I'll have to go back in and edit them to their T3 graphics. Looks like all the other ships are done right. Thanks for the heads up. I'll get the fix up asap!

On the bright side, it looks like this is compatible with any vanilla t1-3 characters already in use, which I feel is pretty amazing. Thanks a lot for the feedback. There's always something like that.

Velken likes this.
  11. greenRAM

12. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Orpheus Colony: RAM's edits (Tiered ship for Upbeat Giraffe) with a new update entry:

smaller file

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1421119871][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I don't know. I cheated to make this by using admin commands. Sorry about that.

Once I take a look at the missions to get the new upgrades it would be neat to patch them to make the new ship fit better. I'll have to think about that more when I have more time though.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  13. gatosardina

14. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

1. Did you start with a new character after adding the mod?
    2. Did you mine the 20 Core Fragments to get local system travel (assuming yes, as you got to the outpost)?
    3. In the outpost did you do all the quests as they are a chain to get the Erchius Crystals mission (one NPC hides in restroom stall in upper floor of outpost)?
    4. Use the blank tech chip and get the Oxygen tech from ship AI.
    5. The Ship A.I. console has a mission tab, select it to do the Erchius Mining Facility mission. (Make sure you have Steel armor and weapons equipped, Oxygen Tech, and bandages for healing).
    6. Once you get FTL go to a moon and mine Erchius liquid for fuel.
    7. Use the Ship Ai computer to find next mission task.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  15. greenRAM

Sorry. I'm maybe the wrong person to ask. Just use at your own risk maybe?

16. Luke_Dragonblood

Luke_Dragonblood Void-Bound Voyager

where do I install this to... cause i really like this mod

17. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

All mods are installed under the commonapps/starbound/mods folder under steam folder.

18. saf8772

saf8772 Void-Bound Voyager

OH! I didn't see the hylotl trading dude at the back of the outpost, yay mystery solved. :)

19. para_user

para_user Big Damn Hero

Doesn´t work anymore, pls update.

20. gatosardina

the mods folder has been changed
    place all your mods in the folder common/Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods