1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Full Custom Signs (Deprecated) 1.3.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)

Make your own custom signs! Animated! Wired! Now with full RGBA support and a snazzy interface!

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Hmm, it isn't destroying itself. The object you place actually serves one function - to immediately destroy itself and place two objects where it was. That's how the machine can be both the interface for the script, and a container.

Look at your /unstable_storage/starbound.log, and if there aren't any glaring chunks of error text, then... give the machine a hand. Just break it yourself, and it should take over from there.

Why this isn't happening automatically, though, I'm not sure. If you weren't using the unstable update, a syntax difference would explain it, but otherwise I'm not sure.

2. StarB1nder

StarB1nder Void-Bound Voyager

Here is an error that may not even mention it, it's just the only one I could find
    (
    Error: Exception while invoking lua method 'die'. LuaException: [string "/objects/generic/customeasel/customeasel-help..."]:8: attempt to call field 'setProperty' (a nil value)
    Lua::handleError(lua_State*)
    Lua::LuaEngineImpl::doInvoke(int, String, List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >, bool)
    Lua::LuaEngineImpl::invokeNoThrow(int, String, List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >)
    Lua::LuaContextImpl::invokeNoThrow(String, List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >)
    Object::die(RenderCallback*)
    WorldServer::removeEntity(int, bool)
    WorldServer::update()
    WorldServerThread::update()
    WorldServerThread::run()
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    )

Here's some other possibly useful information:

1. It has 2 breaking points at far left and right but you can't break it in the middle.
    2. If I break it, it does not turn into an interactive one that doesn't have a "CLEAR" sign. it just vanishes
    3. There are no other errors in the log
    4. I have the following mods- Creative Mode, Tabula Rasa, Full-Custom-Signs

3. Wellbott

Yep, that error is relevant. Your Starbound is unable to use the world.setProperty function! That capability was added in the unstable update, which points to a root cause that would also explain why the machine wasn't destroying itself properly either: I don't think your installation has properly taken the unstable update. You may need to double check your steam beta settings (http://playstarbound.com/support/#unstable) and reinstall. To be certain, let me ask: can you make a Novakid character?

4. StarB1nder

Whats That and how?

5. Wellbott

When you make a new character, can you select the "Novakid" race? If not, then you definitely aren't on the unstable, and should follow the instructions in that link. I'm hoping that's the problem.

6. StarB1nder

I should choose: unstable - more beta than bete

right?

7. Wellbott

Yep. Might have a few bugs - but in addition to making this mod work, there's a ton of fun new stuff in there. Will use a new character folder though (your old ones won't be erased, just inacessible for now)

8. StarB1nder

I get new mods all the time and tend to run in to glitches and what not so I tend to delete all my players so I don't care

9. CloudStrife123

CloudStrife123 Aquatic Astronaut

it didn't work i put the full custom signs folder in the mods folder but when Iplayed there's no EASEL in my metal working station
    what I mean is there's no EASEL recipe
    why is that?

10. Wellbott

Adding new recipes to existing characters with a player.config.patch seems to be intermittently functioning. You may need to make a new character, who will have the recipe.

11. CloudStrife123

I can't interact it it won't even move like it should

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  12. Wellbott

Are you on the unstable update (Upbeat Giraffe)? If not, then the scripts can't work properly. The EASEL will still have the "CLEAR" bit on the right side if this is the case.

13. CloudStrife123

I'm in enranged koala

14. TheLoneGamer

TheLoneGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would just like to note that... (which I have yet to seen mentioned elsewhere)
    As of a very recent nightly build, this mod now appears to be official, although done as a sign store at the outpost.

Congratulations on that! This should be interesting to say the least. Forgive me if this was already common knowledge... :oops:

15. Wellbott

Ooh, I haven't seen their take on the UI yet. Gotta check it out.

16. StarB1nder

Would you be capable of making upward aiming signs.

17. murlocdummy

murlocdummy Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is still better than the vanilla one, which doesn't allow naming of signs

18. yorik100

yorik100 Starship Captain

Not working

19. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

You could still keep this mod going, having a personal sign maker in your base would be practical, instead of always having to run back to the outpost just to make a custom sign.