more precise release date?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ark626, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ark626

ark626 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry if im annoying anyone here but i would LOVE to ask,

is there a more precise estimated release date? Because fall is starting and this game looks to be the best released in this fall.

Is there a way to play a beta or something? I cant find much information about it.
    Is the game being delayed because of some trouble?

• FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, so here's the best answer available to give right now:
      The game was originally planned to be released in November (this year), however with the announcement of the new Binding of Isaac also being this November, there was just no competing with that. The new release date is planned on being December sometime after Christmas.

There is going to be a beta, however the way it's looking is that it will only be open to decently sized streamers and people willing to back the game, that is true fans who will purchase at a higher price in looking to better the game upon release, not to just play it early. These people must be willing to submit bugs and look for ways to improve the game without doing major changes that would require lots of work. In a recent livestream, Leth (coder and co-developer) mentioned that when he was certain on a beta release date he would say so, so if you truly want to participate and are willing to do the above, following his twitter and/or his twitch would be your best bet on knowing a certain date.

ark626 and Leth like this.
      • ark626

I would love to be beta tester of this game, i have some knowledge in hunting bugs trough im a programmer myself and also
        am Bughunter for the Game Secrets of Grindea for quite some time.

But i think there are already enough people wanting to do this.

If there is some sort of need for bughunting it would be cool.
        Id also like to back the game somehow if its possible but i saw no thing like a kickstarter campain.

But basically i think if there is no need for testing ill wait till december

Thanks for the response

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

What Freshsheet wrote was pretty much spot on. I am concerned with the release of Binding of Isaac because our marketing campaign revolves a great deal around Twitch streamers, who are all really looking forward to BOI: Rebirth. We don't want to put them in a position where they will have to choose between our game and Isaac (and most likely choose BOI), so we'll likely delay 'official launch' just to make sure things go smoothly.

However the Beta will be open as soon as it is ready, which could mean an extended Beta period if it begins around the time Isaac is released (to give us time to polish the game, add more content, and wait for BOI hype to die down before launching our game on Twitch). Additionally, as Fresh suggested, the first people to know about the Beta will be the people who follow us on Twitter and/or our Twitch channels. If you are serious about being a part of the Beta (which will likely be very limited time opportunity to get in), you'll want to be following us there. :)

There's more to it but these are two major issues we're concerned with. It's important that, if you spend 2 years working on something, you don't mess it up by releasing too early.

More than anything else, we don't want to launch the game until it is READY.

~Leth

A1Legged and ark626 like this.
          • ark626

Yeah i tought about that and already asked on Twitter :D So thanks for the fast response also on the forum :D
            Im looking forward to the full release but also follow Twitter and Twitch.

Im looking forward to the game but im glad that you take youre time there, cause this means a better experience for the players and also for the developers.

Im whishing you the best for the release.

Thanks for your time.

PS(if there are really needs of testing something over and over ill be there)

Leth likes this.
            • Ashgan

Ashgan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Uwah o_O well that's a bummer, I come back and find out there's a delay QQ (ah well would have been cool my bday is in Nov too, but I'm fine with not released till its ready)
              Guess I'll keep an eye out for the beta I've been looking for something to fill the time and I miss old beta days where you actually tested the game.

Leth likes this.
              • A1Legged

A1Legged Void-Bound Voyager

Well put.

• Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

*Dust scatters into the air and spiders skitter across the floor as the door to the forum is opened for the first time in nearly two months*

So, did the December-after-Christmas thing happen?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
                  • Daynar

Daynar Space Hobo

I'm wondering this as well. Thought I might have missed the beta given I don't use twitter or watch twitch, but the state of the forum seems to suggest that it hasn't happened yet.

• Leth

Sorry no Beta yet! Soon(TM) :rofl:

• ark626

What does TM mean?

• Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

TM is short for Trademark.
                          "Soon(TM)" is used to jokingly imply that the difference in the definition of "soon" between developers and normal people is large enough to warrant legal distinction.

I.e the beta will not happen within a timeframe that would be normaly defined as "soon".

Leth likes this.
                          • Leth

It's not that developers are trying to deceive consumers; quite the opposite in fact. We don't want to commit to a date that we may not meet. "Soon" is more of a generalized idea of where the development process is.

Beginning = "We're just getting started."
                            Middle = "It'll take some time."
                            End = "Soon."
                            Then Release. =P

Dunto likes this.
                            • Ravager

Ravager Title Not Found

Forgive me, I just want to get this right. The game was near completion, and a beta was available until BOI:R came around, and the game release was postponed due to competition between that and Wanderlust Adventures. Again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If I am right, isn't BOI:R old news by now? I am eager to get my mits on this game, so please accept my apologies if I seem rude about it. Was there a setback in the game somewhere that needed to be fixed?

• Leth

The only reason why the game is not out today is that it is not done.

Once it is done and we are in Beta we'll start fine tuning our launch plans. Part of that planning is to make sure the streamers we have slotted to play our game are not playing another highly anticipated title instead. =)

Serenity likes this.
                                • ark626

Okay so does this mean it can take serveral months more or are we closer than that?

• Leth

It could take several months before the game is ready for launch. We're hoping to get Beta started by March. <3

Dunto likes this.
                                    • Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

If you don't mind straightening this question mark out for me; how is it that the release of BOI managed to push the beta back by 5 months? Was it decided in the November -> end of December interim that more work was to be done before beta release?

• Leth

It didn't. If the game would have been ready by November we would have postponed launch to make sure our Twitch contacts weren't having to choose between Wanderlust and BoI. But, that was a non-issue because the game is still not done/ready for Beta.

• Aey

Aey Pangalactic Porcupine

My gosh guys, would you rather they release a broken game? I seem to remember quite a few of those coming out pretty recently, and those teams had some serious bank.

Give the devs a chance to get their gear in order. Just throw this site on your bookmarks bar and check it once a week. It'll be ready when it's ready.

LaxNature, Dunto and Leth like this.