1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Like Hylotl?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DarithD, Dec 28, 2014.

?

Do you hate hylotl?

1. Yes o-o

69 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. No o.o

74 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. DarithD

DarithD Pangalactic Porcupine

The hylotl npc or player are soo rude by their quotes, you really want to punch them in the face after hearing what they said.

When floran drive away the race from their planet, i kinda realize they deserve it.

What your opinion about them?

2. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

idk man, everyone has their motives to do this kind of stuff
    for an diferent point of perspective
    try to imagine what would you do if an Possible Serial-Killer just came to your village
    they don't know when to expect an mass murder or something like this
    must be hard to be an NPC

DeadlyLuvdisc, LastDay and garpu like this.
  3. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My honor... Is broken into pieces. [See the pic.]

I don't know... I like them, never noticed that.

I plan to have a Glitch and a Hylotl in the vanilla version. It's just weird that there're so many glasses in this game and none are made for them... :lickitung:

I just want stay away from Florans, don't ask me why.

Edit: The poll question seems broken. (Hate/Like =/= Yes/No?!)

Attached Files:

RE-L124c41+ likes this.
  4. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Of course not! Do you hate pizza or hamburguers? :rofl:

5. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Yeah, they're ultimate douches, but I'm still playing as one :V

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  6. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I voted yes, not because I hate them, but because that is the answer to the question.

Pixelstomp, Cloudhopper and LastDay like this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

You know it. Most of the Hylotls are douche bags. Except for Hiraki Corale. He's funny. But other than that, they all deserve to be tossed into the deepest, darkest, most fiery pits of hell...

8. DarithD

DarithD Pangalactic Porcupine

Change hell to hungry florans >:D

9. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

Part of why I enjoy playing as one is because they seem like total jerks and have that holier than thou mentality.

If you're asking why I play one, I find the deadpan, cynical attitude the Hylotl have about everything to be amusing, and what little lore there is about them to be loaded with implications. From how I see it, it's almost like the entire Hylotl species is unaware of just how dangerous exploring space really is, perceiving everyone and everything around them as tools to be used or trash to be disposed of despite the fact that they seem to be almost entirely talk and little else. It's kind of interesting, having to piece together how the species/race acts as a whole without having actual codex entries to flat out explain it for me.

And as one of those weird people who's always spinning a story around my character even when I don't want to, I find it a goldmine of ideas. I play Tayveen, my character, as someone who is slowly becoming increasingly disillusioned with her previous opinions, interacting with the other races, realizing that they might not be so bad, and even buying some of their stuff to try it out occasionally. I'm considering starting another Hylotl character to contrast this, being almost sociopathic to the other races, though doing this isn't exactly possible at this point due to the lack of Hylotl cities/villages/etc.

The Squid likes this.
  10. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

Hylotl are often insulting magnificent Glitch european-themed furniture. But what do they have? A table? Just a plank on the floor. A chair? Just a tiny plank on the floor.
    But it's not the reason to hate them, just gag them, maybe tie them to somwhere, let them look pretty, and everything will be fine.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  11. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

That's kinda their era-themed furniture, though. You gotta love how each race is based in a different time period.

Tamorr, DarithD and The Furreonist like this.
  12. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm pretty sure Hiraki is female.[DOUBLEPOST=1419747237][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It doesn't matter, we're all in space now. Anyway, there's still no reason to insult my bench.

13. KrilltheKill

KrilltheKill Title Not Found

I actually never run through any, so I don't know vo-ov

14. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

They look pretty in the aquarium:

2014-01-10_00003.jpg

15. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Well... i wouldent say hate, but fish isent my favorite dish.

Heartstrings, Tamorr and The Squid like this.
  16. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Oh my, they are douches? :( I hope not all of them are like that, sounds an awful lot like the pintas from Mario Sunshine, 98% of them hate you.
    I never encountered them though, so I hope I can find some polite ones.

17. Litagano Motscoud

There aren't any polite ones as far as I know

chucklefish pls つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

18. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

There are a few.

I would also like to mention that the quest for the hylotl lady who gives a nanosuit implies that they weren't driven from thier planet, but rather driven into the ocean, and that they used to live on land. I wouldn't say they deserved this, but they could probably do with being a bit less arrogant.

19. Litagano Motscoud

Oh

I haven't played the latest update so I didn't know

Serenity likes this.
  20. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I like them. Great with soy sauce! :D

(But seriously, I think that all the races are pretty cool. I'm no racist!)

TheFloranChef and Serenity like this.