1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated BetterMerchants 0.09a (Enraged Koala)

Improving your shopping experience, one shop at a time.

1. Khyron42

Khyron42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So what the heck am I missing with these ore chunks? Do I need to craft higher-tier furnaces to smelt higher-tier chunks? Or do I just need an ungodly number of them?

My highest quantity is 33 platinum chunks, they won't smelt in the furnace, aren't used in any recipes...the crystals are pretty, but that's about the only use I'm getting out of the ore farming component =)

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

You should not have to worry about crafting a new furnace to smelt ore bars from ore chunks. Normal ore should take 2 ore per bar, and chunks should take 4 chunks per bar.

I'm not sure about Platinum, but other chunks (excluding Coal ones) should work.

Thanks for complaining about ore chunks other than coal ones. First in a long time.

3. munchyy

munchyy Void-Bound Voyager

I seem to be having a problem with the spawners, i think. Every time i make a spawner and set it down nothing happens, isn't clickable nothing.

4. Mackinz

Every spawner, even vanilla ones, require you to unload the area the spawner was placed and reload it. If placed on your ship, warp down to the planet and warp right up.

5. munchyy

munchyy Void-Bound Voyager

Well now i feel dumb....
    lol. thank you.

6. ajfirewar

ajfirewar Orbital Explorer

is this compatible with dungeoneer dungeons?

7. Mechanos

Mechanos Aquatic Astronaut

Hiya. Any chance you could be persuaded to change ore plants so they only spawn on planets of the tier you'd normally be able to obtain that ore from? I realize that balance may not be a primary concern of yours, as I did notice the
    "Warning: The merchants in this mod sell ores, recipes, and various rare gear. If you enjoy being forced to explore planets to find resources and items, this mod may not be right for you. Ask your spawned-in Doctor NPC if BetterMerchants is right for you!"
    in your support section. However, gaining early access to these ores is extremely unbalanced in the event you have a recipe open that can use them. Many other mods have a bad habit of having high tier recipes unlocked, since they safely assume you won't have access to the ore 'till you've unlocked the right tier.

Anyway, the reason I ask is I found Solarium, Cerulium, and Rubium plants, all in Tier1 planets. I hadn't even killed Mr Penguin yet and was able to make a 2000 dmg giant bone shotgun thingy that can basically one hit all the vanilla bosses. So pl0x consider it :). Also, wanna add, I'm using the S3r1ous modpack with a few extra mods. In the event your ore plants actually aren't supposed to be spawning in T1 areas, I apologize and will redirect my suggestion that-a-direction!

8. Chakat Ciyne

Chakat Ciyne Guest

Reading Archer's announcement.
    "detail on what you /cab/ expect to find with this update"
    Wait, what ?

9. quatermass

quatermass Aquatic Astronaut

Is there a wiki for this mod?
    I'm asking 'cos I have just spent 5h+ playing with this mod and now I need those Coal Berries to be able to make dursteel bars.
    I have searched this forum an on the internet ant the only thing I can find about Coal Berries is that I don't need them....

This is just stupid change a vanilla crafting recipe?

The game is telling me I need Coal Berries.
    So how do I get them.

10. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

@Mackinz: Maybe so many users are complaining about coal chunks because many find it quite frustrating?

Did you happen to read this thread in the Mod Releases & Modding Help area?

DURASTEEL REQUIRES COAL CHUNKS??
    Turns out his brother had installed a ton of mods, including Better Merchants.

Don't get me wrong: I think Better Merchants sounds like an awesome mod with many cool features. I had planned to try it out very soon. And I still do. However, I don't want to deal with these "chunk" bushes or modify my world gen parameters. So, for my personal use, I will modify your recipes and files to work around this before trying.

Well, it does seem kind of silly to make crafting vanilla ores and bars this difficult.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  11. ShyNote

ShyNote Yeah, You!

I don't disagree with the difficult part, but complicated I like. I think complicated recipes are fun, as long as the mod creator gives sufficient information ingame of how to go about what to do. Okay so I have made the signal station, I have made a Blank Display, I have made the Goon Spawner, I have bought all the chips I needed to, and i have made the Adventurer Spawner and bought all the ore crystals up to my level(diamond). And I have no idea how to make this chunks into bars, or if it's possible, into ore berries. I have the chunks and one of the update logs says that ore berries was removed AFTER adding the ore chunks. So I have two questions. How do I turn these chunks into useable material, and two, why is my game still asking for berries for crafting recipies(for me it was normal steel bars asking for iron and Coal Berries)? If I need to update the mod then please tell me how, as i have no idea. My friend installed the mod pack I am using currently and there has been an update for that, and a removal of a mod, so I need to know how to update my game so it won't break on me. If you're wondering the modpack it's http://community.playstarbound.com/...r-mod-enabled-auto-restart-protections.60487/ here. It has a lot of new races involved with it. It included BM Co. and it included Variety is the Spice of the Universe, which has ceased since my download. I will miss that mod as the Flatlands were fun. Thanks for all your help community and i hope this mod has great success in our near future. BM Co. you are doing Starbounders and the Star Cross trade a great service and you simply must push through to make your business all it can be. Become the monopoly of the universe. Never falter and never hold back ^,..,^

Sincerely,
    ShyNote

P.S. I will have questions in the future as i plan to write a wiki for this mod. BM Co, may I have your permission as a complete volunteer to write about your mod's details to give players better access to information they may need?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  12. Mackinz

I've let this mod fall really behind and I'm sorry for that. I'll get to working on an update for this mod for the latest Stable update, and I'll try to work out a better way to implement my "chunk" items from the ore plants.

Uh... wow. I'd be honored. I never thought I'd get a wiki devoted to one of my projects. o.o

13. Mackinz

Just wanted to stop by again and say I am slowly working on an update for BM to Upbeat Giraffe. I have not, yet, fiddled with NPC files, but I've worked with obnects, farmables and patching and, so far, everything is going okay. Unfortunately, most of the major work remains to be done and I'm considering splitting off the crops I had added into BM (semi-vanilla ones) into their own mod (with the exception of bamboo as I have not decided what to do with that). On top of that, I have to stay out late Monday through Thursday so I can mostly work on BM on Friday through Sunday.

Also, I just remembered that I was going to create an add-on system... hmm...

Feel free to drop off any ideas you might have!