1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Body Shape EBS 1.0.5 & EEBS 1.0.4

A boost to the bust.

1. Word on the Wind

Word on the Wind Former Staff

That's entirely beyond my ability to be honest. I barely know how to make it function in the first place, I am not a programmer. While I'm not against the idea, someone else would have to do that as I have no clue.

2. Derpen

Derpen Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, ok. Thanks for letting me know.

3. Kool-Aid Dolan

Kool-Aid Dolan Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like Skyrim mods spilled over into this.

4. Shanic Morrax

Shanic Morrax Void-Bound Voyager

5. Word on the Wind

If that mod maker wishes to do so, that is their business.

6. Isaak Johnson

Isaak Johnson Big Damn Hero

This is a nice little mod. :DD Do you have any further plans with it?

Although I know it's not intended for it, I'm wondering if someone is willing to help me get this mod working for the Nightly build.
    Installing this mod normally causes my game to crash after the penguin loading screen, but I have discovered the problem has to do
    with the various .chest files in the mod, as removing them stops the crash, but I know they are necessary for their respective clothing types.
    I don't know the language/syntax starbound mods use, so how should I be changing these .chest files to make them compatible with nightly?

7. Word on the Wind

I have no idea what "Nightly" is. If it's a new build for the game, I haven't run the game in months and I'll need to look into making a more modern update. If it's a mod-race then i don't know why it would be having any kind of issue.

As for further plans, SpaceKGreen and I do have an idea in the pipes, though getting that worked out would be a matter of time and availability. Currently lacking in both.

8. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

There was a change in how mod files are coded; they changed how files merged, adding a lot more control, but making it a bit more complex. Each .chest file needs a .patch at the end, i.e. avian-tier1.chest becomes avian-tier1.chest.patch. The contents of each .chest.patch file will have to be updated to the new patching system, but after writing the first one you should be able to just copy and paste the code into the rest of the files.

I'd write the code up now so you could paste it in yourself, but I've been up far too late at the moment, and I'd need to switch to the unstable branch to check if they changed some filenames around. (All them high tiered armors now turned into class armors...)

My personal plans, if I can get the time for it, is to, well, scour through the new files to see what I have to rename/move/whatever, get a working patch for the current version of EBS up, then see about the new armors. Then seeing if my spriting's good enough for Word's further plans.

Also probably lots of time wasted on all the mods I use that don't have official new patch system updates. >_>;

Clarification: Starbound's currently in three builds, the stable branch, the unstable branch, and the nightly builds; you can get at the unstable and nightly builds by going to the game's properties in the steam window, and going to the "Betas" tab.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  9. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

SpaceK, thanks for looking into the unstable build. I will await word on an update.

10. Isaak Johnson

Isaak Johnson Big Damn Hero

Thank you both for the quick response, it's good to know that you are both keeping an eye on this. ;)
    For now I will enjoy my cut-down version without the .chest files. But I eagerly await any further updates from you both.
    I'd offer to recode those files for you, but with my work schedule you could probably have it done five times over before I figured out what I was doing.

Word on the Wind, if your interested in looking into the Nightly builds there is a lot of cool content to be seen and play with.
    Only major issue is that it will update every night, which makes your characters and worlds incompatible once it finishes.
    I've been able to get around that however, and I can describe the method here, or to you in PM if you think you might look into it. :up:

11. ravenvalentine

ravenvalentine Void-Bound Voyager

it only works doe the main 6 races however with a little of know how you can make it with other races too as long as they are humanized ^^ really like the mod very nice art work and without changing the core game items look.. much xD

12. TheNinjaM

TheNinjaM Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't wait until this is updated. It's a good mod. :love:

13. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I'm crashing 100% of the time when I try to load this mod. It keeps telling me that some file or other is missing, when it's right there plain as day. When I delete the one it's complaining about, just wanting to get into the game, it starts complaining about one of the others.

Code:
    [20:41:23.568] Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (ItemException) Could not load item asset /items/armors/aqua/aqua-tier7/aquatier7.chest
      StarException::StarException(string, exception)
      ItemDatabase::addItemSet(ItemDatabase::ItemType, String)
      ItemDatabase::ItemDatabase()
      Root::load(bool)
      Root::finishLoad()
      _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Caused by: (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("itemName")
      VariantException::VariantException(string)
      Variant::get(String)
      ItemDatabase::addItemSet(ItemDatabase::ItemType, String)
      ItemDatabase::ItemDatabase()
      Root::load(bool)
      Root::finishLoad()
      _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
    "/items/armors/aqua/aqua-tier7/aquatier7.chest" gets replaced with a random item whenever I delete it, and that in turn gets replaced by ANOTHER random item, and that in tu- you get the point. Did I miss some dependency?

14. rawkinrex

Fevix, are you on Upbeat Giraffe? If so this mod is not update for the new Starbound update.

15. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I see. Well there's my problem. I'm pissed off at several things right now.

16. rawkinrex

pissed off? why?

17. Word on the Wind

Patience friends.

rawkinrex likes this.
  18. rawkinrex

Patience Mode activated... Good to see around Word on the Wind!

19. Word on the Wind

To keep everyone informed, we have an update that I have been trying to upload for a while now. Unfortunately, the forums are having issues, likely as a result of everyone mass-re-uploading in light of recent updates and I am unable to upload the file to keep EBS working. This is especially unfortunate as there have been efforts on something... "Extra" in addition to the modernization of the file-recognition formats.

I apologize for the delays and that EBS will not work with the game in it's current form. As soon as I am able to get the file archive up, I will. I appreciate your patience and look forward to releasing what we have in store for you.

20. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

EBS didn't piss me off. Other mods causing crashes did.

But the cause was still the same, incompatability with today's update