Remote Control Robots

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by blejd, Mar 2, 2012.

1. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ye, i'm thinking that would be useful, when we approach some unknown planet and we don't want to risk our life (if there will be hardcore mode like in terraria it would be quite useful) we could use small station on our ship or in our lab to remote control small robot which could scout planet or just be able to build small operative base on surface for us to come, what do You guys think about it?

2. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

sounds very interesting, and fun! mainly for scouting and building some basic structure like you said. would be less fun if they were able to fight imo :)

3. blejd

uhm i was thought just about building some little post, for us to land i mean, to know just a little about planet and environment, they should have lets say little "defense" system, nothing more. And something about limited range? To prevent scout those most dangerous areas when we aciually land on planet - lets have some fun!

4. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

yeah i completely agree

5. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

The building/scouting remote robot sounds like a very interesting idea, adds a lot to the whole exploration concept. There would be planets in which you wouldn't be able to go out just like that, because of hazards or strange creatures, so you should use robots :D

6. Havoc

Havoc Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd asked Tiy for autonomous programmable robots on IRC a long time back. He liked the idea, but understandably couldn't commit to adding them in.

7. blejd

hm, my idea was around remote control robots - just use console and take over the robot like Your character ofcourse with limited power or range, nothing more, programable robots could be a problem, but remote shouldnt.

8. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds nice and simple! Maybe the robots could be upgradeable, because Tiy said that money would play a huge role in Starbound.
    You could upgrade them from simple scout bots, to fast, accurate and long-lasting scout-and-builder-robots!

9. blejd

There is alot of options, i just put base of this idea out of my mind, but if it would be possible to have, let's say "base of robot" and You could upgrade that base with drill/gun/whatever You could specify what that bot should do.

Madmarlon likes this.
  10. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds interesting, we will see what the devs will implement! I personally, really hope for gunbots!
    I would build an army of them, and make them clear out the whole planet for me, while I sit back and slurp my soda, like a baws. :cool:

11. blejd

Yep, let's just hope that devs would like to get 10% of all suggesions and that game would be greatest indie ever ( or is now) :D