Building/Ship The Republic of San Leone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Beatrice, Mar 6, 2014.

1. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

I am sorry to hear that, I hope you're able to keep copies of it

Beatrice likes this.
  2. Breakout

Breakout Big Damn Hero

Booo! I hope you are able to get a back up copy.

Beatrice likes this.
  3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Even if the future of San Leone is a bit unknown at the moment, I try to finish at least the things I began long time ago. After I finished the Senate, I did the same for the Procurazie. The Procurazie are inspired by the Procurazie die San Marco in Venice; little shops downstairs, appartments upstairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I hope once the game releases, there will be a server where you can rebuild... for I will gladly donate some time to further the reach of San Leone.

Love your work, Beatrice. Make sure to keep it going once the full game comes out!

Beatrice likes this.
  5. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Thank you very much! Well, my dream would be that someone modded my invented Leeven race into the game, which than would be on a massive server, where I could build the entire homeworld Lyon on a Venice-like ocean planet - which could be discovered by a huge player base. That would be the coolest thing ever! :D

[​IMG]

Heriol and Hatsya Souji like this.
  6. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

If I had more time, I'd love to get those lions into the game :)

Hatsya Souji and Beatrice like this.
  7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Wow! That's one of the friendliest offers I got in my whole internet career. Well, in that case, if you find time (one day), I promise you that I build Lyon on any server you want - so you can visit the city as tourist! :D

SivCorp likes this.
  8. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

All the pictures!!

All the inspiration!!

I simply can't hold!!!

Beatrice likes this.
  9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I'm happy that you like it :D. Always nice to see someone new who appreciates my architecture. But well, cultured Hylotls understand a cultured republic.

10. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Last time, when we saw the Praetorium - the seat of Justice, as the Praetores are the High Judges and also "controller" of the Republic of San Leone - it looked like that:

[​IMG]

I wanted to show this "empty" picture, because the structure is cleaner. With the current furniture, you don't see all these details. I also decided that the 7 Praetores should have a bigger hall than originally planned. Because of that, I had to re-think my plans and added a new hall underground, like I did for the Senate. Instead, I decided to give the State Archive the biggest amount of space in the first floor. You may guess that the librarian is some sort of... messy. On the second floor, we have mostly offices, a conference room and bureaus of the Praetores.

Here some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

With all the Glitch-related furniture, I am surprised that the whole remote Glitch kingdom on San Leone is still intact. Is all this furniture exported from somewhere, or is it being made in the republic?

Beatrice likes this.
  12. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The republic is peaceful and considers trade and culture as the driving forces. All the things you see are made in San Leone itself. RPG-wise, the huge influence of Glitch furniture is explained by the contact between the two races who lived and live peacefully together.

I'm also one of those players who has problems to destroy NPC villages. When I say that the furniture is "made in San Leone", it is true: the majority of my Avian and Glitch furniture - and to some degree, Apex - is made by the pixel printer. It's also more efficient: searching for some diamonds in the X sector (Snow or Desert planets), collecting them and then printing the stuff you need can spare time - if you know what you want.* I think that I only destroyed two or three avian dungeons, and one glitch castle and one glitch village in my whole builder career (and that was at the beginning). And even then, I only took them to put them into the printer.

Yes, I have a Hylotl mentality...

Never likes this.
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

Still no black chess pieces... *sigh*

Note to myself: in the case of a very unlikely Leeven race mod:

- add chess pieces from this mod; add a leeven palazzo, in which a palyer can collect the black chess pieces like he can collect the white ones in the Glitch castles.
    - include a quest in which a leeven merchant NPC wants a whole chess set (8 white pawns, 8 black pawns; 2 white rooks, 2 black rooks; 2 white knights, 2 black knight; 2 white bishops, 2 black bishops; 1 white queen, 1 black queen; 1 white king, 1 black king)
    - give the player in exchange this magnificent table

Ah well... chess. I love chess.

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Worrisome news have arrived from Sant'Alessandro, an outpost of the Serena-System, in which the capital of San Leone takes place. In some rather strange event, which experts call "hysteria", people have begun to run wild and undertake vandalistic actions, screaming "the end is near, the end is near!". The government of San Leone has denied any existence of a proof that the apocalypsys, an asteroid, or black friday sales are coming, but people insist that a dark force will come to destroy the whole sector.

The newest and most obvious action took place this night, on Sant'Alessandro. The legion of San Leone was called from San Antonio, hearing about "a scandalous happening" which ruined culture, art and heritage. In fact, the famous statue of the unknown giant hipster was... well... it was different, when the military arrived.

Here is some archive material about the statue, when it was still intact:

However the whole picture has changed. Some unknown people have "desacreted" the holy (?) place of an ancient civilization, painting it in hideous colours. San Leone TV was able to get a secret video, showing the culprits, festivating their deed.

This happens when you invite Florans to an old example of great art. LeTiy, the ghost-zombie-developer is born. Only comment:

"Floran isss of artissssst...!"

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    DrVoodoo and Hatsya Souji like this.
  15. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, the last piece of the political district of San Leone is done; here the Consolate, the seat of the High Consul.

The building itself:

[​IMG]

I think it's one of my favorite buildings. It's not as big as others, but it has some kind of perfection; it has the classical room division of a palace and a basement for the agricultural stuff (behind the consolate, there are some vineyards), reflecting the standards of a palladian villa rustica.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

As the end comes near, we decided to make some music this weekend. Obviously, San Leone had the honour to be the place for the last festivities.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    DrVoodoo likes this.
  17. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The last month of our server has begun. We ended the festivity with a quintet; it seemed like a real band. It's also my biggest ensemble so far. Nobuo Uematsu, "Searching for Friends" from Final Fantasy VI. A memorable evening at the opera!

DrVoodoo and SivCorp like this.
  18. muleskull

muleskull Void-Bound Voyager

I found your thread only to find out that you will be losing your world :( Incredible work Beatrice! I can't wait to see what is next for you :)

Beatrice, TheFloranChef and Breakout like this.
  19. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Wow! You put a lot of effort even in the details. Well done.

I want to play chess...

Beatrice likes this.
  20. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Thanks to you! I'm still not sure about the fate of my republic, but I'll do everything which is possible. And yes, details are the spice when it comes to building; everyone can build a big soulless building, but putting a refined fine thing in every angle makes it appealing. :)

Chess is important!

muleskull and TheFloranChef like this.