Avali Nexus: The 11th Hour

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Myifee, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

// if it is you, I missed you

2. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

should I be spitting out my coffee/tea for this?

3. The Artist

The Artist Void-Bound Voyager

// Glad I wasn't totally forgotten. But, I'm mainly a ghost now. Life, and the hazards of it, have forced my hand and things aren't too great. Need to remain strong though, you know? I'll watch and try to say something every now and then, even if it is off-topic from the norm in this community now. Hope someone studies Avali Architecture; I wrote the book for that one! Need a new builder though, someone with new ideas and the will to carry them out.

4. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

// of course I have not forgotten you. I was worried :'( your buildings are amazing

Mc Fow1er and gonzogonz like this.
  5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

((Even if you'll just be lurking around, I'm glad to know that you'll still be around. I wondered where you went, as did a few others. Someone does need to build, too, and...well, that's not me. I'm shit at building.
    Glad to see you again, though.))

6. The Artist

// I'm not dead yet. And, come on, at least give it a shot. Sketch some plans out, write how thick the walls will be, just let it flow. "It's that easy" - Billy Mays. Doesn't need to be amazing, doesn't need to be even good; take experience from everything and it is suddenly worthwhile.

7. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Stepping outside of my RP speech for a moment, I must apologize.

I was not a good friend to you, because I could not be at the time.

I probably cannot be now. I have no idea. That is for you to judge.

But I am sorry. And I mean that.

8. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

((It's mainly just because, in all the games I've played in which you build I just never have been good at it. I feel horribly inadequate, and then don't feel like building.
    It also doesn't help that I'm bad at art in general, so sketching doesn't usually help, unfortunately. I've tried, many times, to build stuff but it never turns out well. also i kinda lot interest in building in starbound in general, the main thing I do is RP on a server, and even then it's rare I do that since I am staff on said server.))

9. The Artist

// Past is past, done and gone. If one dwells in the past, they miss the future. Things happen, or don't, and time marches on. The more time spent in the past, the less you have in the future. I accept your apology, but, I also remind you that it has already passed and it is not something to fret over.

// If you look throughout history, throughout even your own life, you'll find people that are experts at what they do. No one started out an expert in anything. They all were defeated, frustrated, berated, belittled, at several points on their way to glory. Even the greatest start at the bottom in terms of talents and the likes; unless they're rich, then they can buy the rights to someone else's talents, but, that's another story!

Corosar, gonzogonz and SCN-3_<NULL> like this.
  10. Sankoro

Sankoro Guest

I appreciate that you guys are doing a thing, but lemme quickly interrupt.
    Sankoro awoke. "Huh...?" She found herself in total darkness, curled up in a small, enclosed box-like space. The utter darkness of the place pierced through her eyes. "Hey? Anybody there?" She drew back a foot, and slammed it against the wall. It was cold, hard, and made a muffled shudder, as if it was besides dirt.
    "...This isn't funny! Let me out!" Sankoro wailed, and hammered against the wall with her paws. After an unknown amount of time, she stopped. No response, nothing. She dropped her head, and buried it in her wings, both terrified, and confused. She lifted her head one more time, and wailed. "Please! Please help me! Please! Anybody?" She shuffled around inside the cramped blackness, and managed to roll onto her back.
    With all her strength, she pushed her legs down, trying to kick whatever side of the box she was in. Nothing. She surrendered to the box. She gripped the top with her head with her paws, and fell against the floor, not knowing what to do.

A small scratching noise seeped in. "H-Hello...?" Sankoro raised her ears, rolled over to her front, and crawled towards the source of the noise. She pressed the side of her head against the cold wall, trying to make sense of the noise. A small crack of light shot out of the top of the wall, and rested on her head. "H-Hey...?" The wall came away, and the sunlight burst into the box, illuminating the darkness.
    The familiar views of the tree tops made her realise where she was. "Is... This the forest... Again?" A small blue drone floated down into her view, a small, grey drill arm had extended from its back. Relief flooded over Sankoro. "Oh... Andro... It's only you... What happened here...? Why am I back in the box?" The drone merely stared at her, and inclined towards her. "Hey... Andro?" The drill arm retreated into its body, and another arm appeared, this one equipped with a neural jack.
    "Andro... Talk to me!" The arms launched at her, grazing her neck, and stabbed itself into her jack. "ANDRO!?" She screamed, sudden pain started to flow into her head. Her mind went black, and a small box appeared in her mine "DOWNLOADING..." it announced. A small numerical value slowly crept up. Dread trickled over Sankoro. "O-Okay, Andro... You can stop it..." She reached a paw behind her, and grabbed the arm. "CANNOT CANCEL OPERATION!" screamed into her mind, and a third arm, equipped with a three-fingered hand, raced towards her wrist, and viciously grabbed it, pulling it away from the arm, and cutting deep into the flesh.
    Sankoro wailed, and tried to pull her arm back, but the hand just cut deeper, so she surrendered, and let her arm hang behind her. "DOWNLOAD COMPLETE" shrieked the message, and it subsequently vanished. "O-Okay, Andro... Y-You can stop this now...". She tried to hold back crying. The urge to scream was running through her mind, but this had to be a joke... Right? "It's a bad dream, yeah that's what it is. It has to be." she kept repeating these words to herself, desperately trying to believe them.
    A new message appeared.
    "REMOVING UNNECESSARY HARDWARE"
    Sankoro froze.
    The heat drained from her.
    This couldn't mean...

The jack left her neck, and slowly lifted up.
    It drew back, aiming for the back of her head.
    Before she could make sense of what happened, a grey beam was sticking out of her mouth. Blood running down, and dripping onto her feathers, and onto the cold, metal floor.
    The arm gripping her wrist relaxed, and closed itself together, creating a pointed cone shape. It penetrated her back, and leaped out through her chest, tainting her white stomach.
    More arms appeared. Sankoro didn't see them.
    They all dug into her, releasing her blood.
    Sankoro couldn't feel the pain, she didn't want to feel it, she didn't want to acknowledge pain.
    She tilted her head to the side, stretching the hole in the back of her head.
    Her blood was pooling in the back of the box.
    An arm tore off one of her feathers, letting it gently float down into the pool, staining it forever.
    She grew weaker, she couldn't hold on.
    She turned her head to face her former friend.
    "J... St... A... Dre..." she mouthed. Blood dribbling over her lips. and down her throat.
    Her sight faded away, her hearing her vanished.
    A final thought came into her mind.
    "OPERATION COMPLETE!
    HAVE A NICE DAY!"
    She slumped.
    Her life gone.

The arms retreated back into the drone.
    The camera turned to her mutilated corpse.
    Click.
    An arm extended outwards, and lifted the lid on the box, casting her body in darkness, and sealed the lid, blood trickled out of the gap, and a lone feather peeked out from under, trying to escape.

The drone let the arms back in, and merely floated away.
    Stopping to observe a particularly interesting leaf on the ground.

tl:dr she's dead, go home

Rukii likes this.
  11. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

((why would you do this ;~; ))

12. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Right, then.

If you want to keep in contact you know all of my stuff for that. I work overnight, so the morning is literally the best time to get ahold of me unless you stay up late.

I've overstayed my welcome and need to sleep before work tonight. So this will be a farewell for the day. Some 'leader' I make.

Also, have a few month old thing that I did in Terraria, might interest you:
    [​IMG]

Mc Fow1er, Higuera, Comito and 3 others like this.
  13. The Artist

// Alright, with the death occurring right in front of me, I think it is time to depart into the abyss again. Good luck to you all, I'll be here in spirit.

14. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

// Okay so dear Sankoro:
    // WHAT THE FLUFF. WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS I THOUGHT YOU WERE JOKING!
    // THIS IS DARK AS FLUFF THIS LEFT ME WITH SOME EXTREME DEPRESSION NOW.
    // WHY!? SHE WAS SO NICE AND WHAT THE FLUFF MADE YOU DO THAT?
    // Well gg I'm depressed and frustrated now ;~;
    // Oh hi!... oh bye!

15. Sankoro

Sankoro Guest

...Too much...?

16. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

((way too much.))

gonzogonz likes this.
  17. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    I need to stop wasting glow paint on my aircrafts.........

18. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

//.. yes..
    //.. seriously I'm horribly depressed right now why did you do this..
    // It's well written and all but still why..

Corosar likes this.
  19. Legotank1110

Legotank1110 Pangalactic Porcupine

// well that's depressing..... and gory....... why end it like that?
    // agreed, well written, but way too much......

Corosar and Feathery Dust like this.
  20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Zzzzzzz...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.