1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Grass Mod 3.1 Update for SB 1.1.1

Any grass on any block.

1. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius submitted a new mod:

Grassification Station - Adds every type of grass to blocks!

Read more about this mod...

2. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

3. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

seems like 1.1 broke the game, i got this error msg:

JsonParsingException: Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 9:5

4. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Odd, it works for me. Could you post the contents of your Starbound.log file? Also: did you delete the 1.0 version before installing 1.1 or did you overwrite 1.0 with 1.1? If you overwrote, try deleting the mod and copying the 1.1 version in as a replacement.

Eliza1090 likes this.
  5. mastercookie

6. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Your starbound.log file has error messages pertaining to the 1.0 version of my mod. I just double checked the archive and I did put the new recipe files in it. Try redownloading and reinstalling. This is a long shot, but if you have the mod's zip file in your downloads folder, delete it before downloading the 1.1 one, to make sure you aren't just extracting the 1.0 files into your game.

EDIT: Also, in the future, pastebin is a good choice for text based files.

7. mastercookie

well pretty sure im using latest version (im not that hopeless :D), however what i noticed is when the game doesnt start, its not reflected in starbound.log (unless theres another log, im looking in \Starbound\starbound.log)

heres the screenshot of that error im getting

[​IMG]

8. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

It doesn't say which file is the culprit though? If not, there's not much I can do to help, since I already double checked the files in the archive. If you do figure out which file it is, try opening it with notepad++ and pasting the contents into this thread, based on that error, it should just be a misplaced comma.

9. mastercookie

since i know pretty much nothing about modding, i checked files according to how large they are and their date, and Grassificator.modinfo seems to be the problem.
    i replaced it with the file from the working version and it fixed the crash.

10. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

11. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

Good work on getting this sorted out ! A real bonus for mod users . Such a simple idea and implemented in a way that doesn't conflict with any of the mods I use ( Starfoundry , Frackin Flora , Bees etc ) . How about shrub and flowers seed ? Could be mixed with existing grassed blocks to create more varied biome appearance . Even if this just stays as grass only , it's a great idea . Kudos .

12. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Right now I'm working on a mod that will allow you to create artificial exteriors and wildlife, I'm mostly focusing on tiles that mimic the appearance of the sky, as well as placeable cloud objects, speakers that play outdoors sounds, star projectors, planet and celestial body projectors, artificial sunlight, and other things, but in the future I would like to make a mod that allows you to plant many of the shrubs and plants found in the outdoors. I would probably implement them as plants, for instance, bushes and such would drop seeds, and you could plant them to grow your own bushes and shrubs, which would take a bit of time to grow.

So yeah, I would like to implement some of those ideas, but I have some other mods to finish first. :)

crazygreggy likes this.
  13. OJhat

OJhat Big Damn Hero

this mod Is really nice, but it'd be a nice addition if you were able to add a tabula rasa version where those of us who are doing creative work in starbound can obtain any of the seeds at any time without having to traverse all over the system finding the proper planets... just a though :)

14. ganessaroland

ganessaroland Pangalactic Porcupine

That would be truly nice because I dont like having to travel around worlds looking for something that I might, might not, or most likely will not find.

15. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hey all, just wanted to say I'm planning on updating this for Upbeat Giraffe within the next few days, possibly tomorrow if I get around to it. If I'm not mistaken, there's a new type of grass added by Giraffe, so I'll have to make a few new sprites and stuff. Exiting!

Otherwise, I think the functionality will remain the same, don't fix what's not broken after all!

EDIT: Started work on porting this. I got everything working the way it was. Materials use new rendering syntax now so I have to rewrite portions of all the material files. Once I get all them up to date I will add the new alien grass as a cultivatable type of grass in the mod.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  16. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

So I just finished updating all the material files. The mod should be fully functional again. Tomorrow I will add alien grass & then release the version for Upbeat Giraffe. Fingers crossed!

17. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Markelius updated Grassification Station with a new update entry:

1.2 Update: Upbeat Giraffe!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1422827676][/DOUBLEPOST]Just A note, the new version does not include regrowth/cultivation options for Hive Grass, Roots, or Undergrowth. I haven't encountered these ingame yet so I'm not sure which blocks they grow on or what their behavior is. If you can shed some light on this, please provide information and I'll do my best to include them in a future update.

18. Hausmeierkarl

Hausmeierkarl Void-Bound Voyager

I know it's probably nitpicking, but is there any chance to change the color of the dirt? The Grassificator doesn't seem to have the shade of dirt (that sounds silly) the planet that I am on has. As I can't place solely the grass itself, it just doesn't fit and look right.
    Other than that, great work though. A long overdue feature, finally properly implemented in a mod.

Attached Files:

19. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I figured that might happen. You can somewhat negate it with dyemod (there's an unofficial port in it's discussion thread), but I need to change the sprites. Since Enraged Koala, Chucklefish has changed a lot of the games sprites to be darker, brighter, etc. I haven't changed mine to reflect this because it's simply a lot of work, and requires me to remake a lot of sprites. I'd honestly rather be working on new mods than tweaking this one.

Sorry, I'll try to fix it eventually, but it's not high on my priorities. In the meantime check out dye mod.

20. Hausmeierkarl

Hausmeierkarl Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the reply! I understand completely. For this one sprite, I'll probably just edit it myself or make an older mod playable on Giraffe. But, as you said, it's tedious work ;) Looking forward to your next mods.