1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Oukimuni

Oukimuni Orbital Explorer

I too shall take up the hunt for your friend. o>

2. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

I came across his relatives, they looked the same but with a different color scheme.
    I lost the screenshot though >.<

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Coordinates?

4. Feathery Dust

Lost them too. Well, not exactly lost I came across them randomly and forgot to write the coordinates down.

5. khamnarei

khamnarei Void-Bound Voyager

Out of interest, do you remember which version was it that you last saw the Real Derrick? Was it offended koala?

6. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Still no luck on the Hunt for Derrick? Too bad ;c

7. Alnitak

Alnitak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tsunder and Yzzey like this.
  8. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Feathery Dust and Yzzey like this.
  9. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

i shall round up my avali soldiers and call in a search for derrick and if i cant find him i shall draw you a bulbasaur and if any body wants to join in the search for derrick please tell me how to make a server or start at the sb zurfa server

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    Feathery Dust, Hatsya Souji and Yzzey like this.
  10. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Yep, it was offended koala. Before the character wipe
    HOLY CRAP
    THIS IS AMAZING
    THANK YOU
    (How exactly does the mod work? Does it change all creatures to derricks?)

Serenity likes this.
  11. Alnitak

It adds a new derrick monster to all the spawner probabilities, so he should show up in addition to all the ones that normally spawn.

Yzzey likes this.
  12. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

The Human-Ningen alliance of Iota Orionis will aid for this mission! We're also on a lookout for pacifist variants of Derrick's species.

EDIT:
    This just in... One of my Ningen adventurers tried to find and capture a Derrick, and it's a wrong kind. Sadly, that Derrick nibbled his hair, then sucked his brain.
    [​IMG]

Yzzey and Serenity like this.
  13. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Oh, so like, he's not procedurally generated in this mod? I'm downloading it later and going off to search for him.

14. Alnitak

His color is, the parts are not. He should show up on the surface of every world you visit. LET THE DERRICKINING BEGIN.

Basically I had an archive of previous Starbound assets folders, and grabbed Derrick's parts from offended koala, then just updated the monster file and added him as a unique mob. I had done something similar while working on the TouhouBound mod, so it didn't take very long to put together once I knew of your plight.

MysticMalevolence and Yzzey like this.
  15. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Yay! Thank you! I'll make sure to create a ranch filled with Derricks on a planet. I can finally find my little friend again. Thank you!

Feathery Dust likes this.
  16. Feathery Dust

I shall request support from my Mech Pilot squadron to search for this lost creature as well!
    Together we'll be able to accomplish this mission!

It seems like this creature's biological relatives have been spreading all over the galaxy as well, so this mission should be much easier now.
    (Downloading the derrick mod now!)
    I'd recommend setting up an Hamachi server for now, it's as easy as setting up a normal server, but instead with something similar to a whitelist which anyone who has the password could join, and it disguises your real IP as well in case you don't want to give it away. Once you do we shall gather as many Avali soldiers as we can and find that lost creature! :DD

17. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

18. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

POSTHUMOUS REPORT
    09/28/2014 A.W.R (After World Restructure)
    Hatsya Starscaler

We only found Hatsya Starscaler's torn USCM Jacket. It seemed to be corroded by the Mud Gray Derrick's saliva. USCM, and the Tenjimen (Heavenly Ground) are now informed of possible violent variants of the Derrick species. The Tenjimen Knights are also on a lookout against unscrupulous skinning of the Orange Derricks within their jurisdiction as well.

Yzzey and Feathery Dust like this.
  19. Feathery Dust

DERRICK RESCUE REPORT 01
    29/9/2014 at Alpha Deneb Dulfim 20 I d
    by Fayli "Fay" Featherdust

I have located one of Derrick's relatives in an asteroid field, he seems to be aggressive and refuses to give away any information about Derrick.
    I tried convincing him to assist me, telling him Derrick has gone missing, but to no avail.
    [​IMG]
    I shall continue my search throughout the galaxy.
    Fayli Featherdust, out.

I just felt like doing a star trek like captains log ok? pls don't judge me[DOUBLEPOST=1412001298][/DOUBLEPOST]DERRICK RESCUE REPORT 02
    29/9/2014 at Alpha Deneb Dulfim 20 II b
    by Fayli "Fay" Featherdust

I didn't even get out of the Alpha Deneb Dulfim 20 System, and I've encountered Derrick's relative one more.
    He's being a lot more quiet, as if he's trying to avoid my questions. I'm starting to suspect he is following me, I shall attempt to uncover that mystery.
    [​IMG]
    I shall continue my search.
    Fayli Featherdust, out.

Serenity, Hatsya Souji and Yzzey like this.
  20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

In other news - I really like what they did with the monster color biome thing Now it looks so much better then the randomness it was before.

P.S if you use that persons mod - there should be one derrik type monster on every planet.

Serenity likes this.