1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel General Nuclears no longer unused robots and ohter drawing(now taking requsets only one at the time)

Discussion in 'Art' started by General Nuclear, Sep 24, 2014.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Here some robot art i made on my spare time, i was originaly planned them too be used in something else, but if anyone want to use them or there design feel free to do so but plz tell me first please :)
    (uptated im now planing to use them but anyone can still use them as long as they plz ask me first)
    (also i am too lazy to post every drawing i make onto the front page)

evacuate big.png
    this one was intend to be used in a small webcomic, but i never got that far
    (uptated i have started on the comic)
    (another update i lost half of my work when my laptop broke also i might use them in a game instead)
    robot#1 WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! EVERYONE TO THE ESCAPE POD robot#2 WE ARE ALREADY IN THE ESCAPE POD YOU BUCKET OF BOLTS...AND ITS ON FIRE

Robo .2 Altiativ A.3.png
    this one got a long and weird story behind it

i was dreaming that i played fallout 6 :yes i do some times dream that im playing games: Believe it or not
    it was like fallout 2 same game play but with bigger characters and better grafikk
    my character in the dream uset a dark green armor with a round helmet with a round golded glass screen didt look like a space suit but something eles that i don't remember
    i woke up when one of the mobs shot a me. later that day i decided to draw that green armor form the dream because i thought i looked cool and if fallout 6 ever came out and that armor were there in the game then i could prove that i some time i dream the future so i started to draw the helmet but then suddenly i forgot how the rest of how the armor looked like and no mater how hard i tryed i could not remember how it lookt like so i scrapt the idea of proving that i dream the future and turn the dark green armor in to a gray robot and then i put tube arms on it.lime green crystal thing in his chest and some eyes on the screen oh and a space backround
    Robo .2 altiativ D2 Back.png
    copyed form the ohter robot i tell about it another time
    Robo .4 altiantiv 5c ,sadow big.png
    i was gonna use this red scrap bot in a :rpg maker vx ace: rpg puzzle adventure game but I didt know how to make the scripts to a adventure game in :rpg maker: and i lost inspiration to continue on it
    by the way the color on this became worng because I had turned down the brightness on my screen i didt discovered it before i saw it on my laptop
    the story behind it in the game was that i was a robot that where buildt out of parts form many ohter robots and that one ot those parts [his right broken hand] was the key to hecking a super computer own by etc etc blablabla you get the point
    Robo .7c 2.png tell later Something.png Bzzzzz.png
    Robotat bot potata big.png
    unit 01-134 big.png
    [​IMG]
    more art at page two

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Those are some great Pixel Robots! I especially like the 4th one!

General Nuclear likes this.
  3. DarithD

DarithD Pangalactic Porcupine

You sure that hytolh robot waterproof? xD

4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

These are some pretty cool designs.
    From the Hylotl, to the very sharp-edged ones at the bottom.
    Also intrigued by the oval-shaped-headed Robots that look very similar. ;)

5. LeoBreg

LeoBreg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

don't use paint brush for pixel arts

6. General Nuclear

Don't tell me how to art

7. General Nuclear

i upgraded one of the bots
    k.png
    what do you think

8. DarithD

DarithD Pangalactic Porcupine

i want to see that bot in starbound, that design look awesome :D

9. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

What he is saying is using a brush makes it not NOT pixel art. He is not "telling you how to art".

10. Dargona1018

It is still Pixel Art, ya know.
    At least, the first one was, not sure about the others.
    I think that it may need to be put into Digital or something.

11. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

When you use a brush for drawing images, it's not pixel art. That would be like saying this: avee.png is pixel art, when it was brush drawn.
    Sure. It has pixels, but so do pictures, so no, brush art is not pixel art. The one he uploaded today is NOT pixel, it is more brush art. Some of his drawings were fin fact pixel art, no one said they weren't.

This is what pixel art looks like: Cutekittehforcontest.png Kitteh 1.png

Pixel art can be of the larger size, but it is /very/ detailed when done so. pixel artists usually use the pencil tool at 1 px size or 2x2 px size, depending on the artwork.

Jack_Kéther and Feathery Dust like this.
  12. Dargona1018

I understand you point, but heavily pixelated lines would possibly be called Pixel Art, like the first one.
    Also, that generalization of "larger has more details" is terribly flawed. People would are very advanced can do huge things of pixel art with huge amounts of details, but beginners can do larger ones with less detail.

And, I even said that only the first one is really pixel-art-ish , and that it might need to be put into Digital or whatever.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  13. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Right, but usually when beginners do large "pixel art" they fall into the demise of using brushes and other tools to do most of the work. If you wanted a large /pixel art/ image, then you would have to put a lot of time and effort into making it look good.

If you are using brushes, then you are not putting your pixels exactly where you want them, and they auto add AA.

I just made some to show you the difference.
    Pixel art: Pixel Art.png Pixel Art(lg).png

Not Pixel Art: Not Pixel art.png Not Pixel art(lg).png

Can you see the difference?

In his art, the PIXELS DON'T MATTER only the SHAPE does. ( The most recent one mind you)
    There is no detail or anything, just some colored lines, and they are not even matched up correctly, but it doesn't matter because you are not going for neatness or detail, just flow. I would define that as digital, not pixel art.

14. Dargona1018

Wow, way to turn this into a lesson on how General Nuclear is "worse than a noob".
    Oh boy, I bet that'd make him feel better.

We already get that you don't think this is Pixel Art, so I think your work here is done. If you have something constructive or nice-ish to say, please do, otherwise, I don't think that you helping. :(

15. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Worse than noob, that makes me laugh, you act like noob is an insult. It simply means new person.

Also, I was stating that his pixels didn't matter, only the flow and shape. I didn't say his art was bad, so stop being so pessimistic and assuming the worst of what I am saying.
    I didn't even insult the guy!

It is called me telling him what is wrong with his art. I like it, but some lines are unaligned, it is labeled as pixel art, and there is not really any shading, just flat colors.
    I am telling him how he can /improve/ and if you want to assume the worst of what I am saying, so be it.

EDIT: Also, you probably feel this way because you guys are friends. So don't blame me if you don't like my criticism.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  16. Dargona1018

Yes, and being worse than a new person is not good. Those words are one and the same, same with the meaning.

Ahem.
    Telling him that there is something wrong with his art isn't a good thing, unless you say something like "Try doing this, and also this. It'll make it look better if you add this", instead of outright saying that his art is bad (which is pretty much what you are saying with "what's wrong with his art". You might not see it that way, but as one that dabbled in Pixel Art (and utterly failed), these words hit harder that one would think.
    The only thing that I am stuck on is that you are only giving critism, not anything more, like telling him what is wrong and how to improve.
    I may just be spoiler by the cool/at-least-decent guys here on these forums, but I would imagine that saying "Your art is *kinda* bad" is at least slightly frowned upon by other people or communities.

But anyway, should probably stop now as Mods might see it fit to think this a "flame war" or something like that, and I don't wish to spam up GenNuke's thread for his artses.

17. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

He doesn't want other people's advice. So I can only tell him what is wrong with it, he has to figure out how to fix it.

I never called his art bad, so stop putting words into my mouth, it's rude. I said multiple times that I LIKED it, you fail to see my stance on his art.

18. General Nuclear

IT'S A JOKE!!! by the way im glad you liked my art :disshappy:

Bughunter likes this.
  19. General Nuclear

the reason some of them became all blurry was because i tryed to resize it on paint
    [by the way did i mentioned that i made all of these on paint]
    Now that you mention it i remember that i did use paint brush on some of the shadows and lights to save time
    evacuate.png
    heres one of the original one

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  20. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, that one is pixel art, and the original one you posted for it. :3