1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Kineptic Race Mod 12-22-2015

Magician Space Cats

1. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Thing is, humans effectively start with the hamburger unlocked, and all they need to make it is a hoe and a bow. So humans, right from the start, get something that restores significant amounts of food and health. The sweetburger doesn't restore health.

Maybe the game's food mechanic as a whole just needs a revamp.

Thing is, I'm more concerned about how the species obtained bread in the first place...or sugarcane for that matter. The odds of wheat and sugarcane both evolving on the kineptic homeworld are... extremely low.

But I think I have an idea to cover that plot hole. *starts schemeing*

2. Himeki

Himeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's actually a really good point. Completely agree on the odds there.

I just went to check (I'd saved my previous armors on my home planet...the armors ARE different colors but only slightly, just like Avali. Avali is easier to see due to it not being silhouettes. If you take titanium/durasteel and swap back and forth with iron, you'll notice it the easiest. Titanium/durasteel seems to have the same tint. My guess is the tint is based on the materials used.

EDIT: The Armors ARE different colors but only slightly, just like Avali. Avali is easier to see due to it not being silhouettes. If you take titanium/durasteel and swap back and forth with iron, you'll notice it the easiest. Titanium/durasteel seems to have the same tint. My guess is the tint is based on the materials used.
    EDIT: The Armors ARE different colors but only slightly, just like Avali. Avali is easier to see due to it not being silhouettes. If you take titanium/durasteel and swap back and forth with iron, you'll notice it the easiest. Titanium/durasteel seems to have the same tint. My guess is the tint is based on the materials used.

Edit 2: Not sure why it posted that twice...

3. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

So, what about something like rubium? Is the sprite red for that? 'Cause during my testing all tiers appeared to be white.

4. Himeki

I haven't gotten that far, looking for aegisalt atm, so I'll let you know if that looks green once I get it.

You stated the Kineptic have the reflective layer at the back of the eyes, so I'm curious if you'll give them better dark sight or not. Any thoughts on that?

5. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Depends on if chucklefish will give that sort of species specific tweaking instead of relying on armor to give the abilities. If that happens (or if it has, somebody PLEASE tell me!), then I will definitely make their night vision a bit better. Probably comparable to a lantern on a stick, perhaps a little less. If I'm not able to do that, I'll at least make their special armor trait reduced fall damage as a reference to cats always landing on their feet (even though that's just a myth).

6. Nexeron

Nexeron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hurray for teal fur colour! :DD

Quilavabom and Icebelly like this.
  7. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

After it was added I have been using it and loving it. Like you can see on the Death on a Bun gif. :p

Nexeron likes this.
  8. Nexeron

Nexeron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yup, I saw it :)

9. Asper

Asper Void-Bound Voyager

Can I ask for the nightly builds version, even if it's really broken? I really want to test it out. I love your kittens so far. :sneaky:

10. Himeki

THAT's what made it look different....Now I want it but I'd have to remake my character for it :cry:

11. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

In fact, there is!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/do3wx61li6tds24/kineptic_nightly_9_22_2014.zip?dl=0
    Let me know what you think! Well, actually, it's just the current stable build, but made to work with nightly. Except the microdungeons (the one that has NPC's) doesn't have npc's because they're a pain to convert (except not really and I'm just lazy tonight).

12. ZeroInfinity

ZeroInfinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If I recall correctly, Chucklefish is working on an update to the Stable build. Dunno when that'll come out, but it's specifically not v1. Either way though, the current Stable is kind of losing the limelight for me, and probably a lot of others, so Nightly may be the way to go, if only just to test new features.

On the subject of armor, I image-edited in a gradient under the helmet. Testing indicates that you did it right, though I don't have my tier 5+ unlockers handy. The inventory images do change color between iron and steel.

13. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

The recent change to treasurepools broke my nightly build, so I'm gonna haveta figure that out this evening. I tried looking through the files to figure it out, but some of the files don't appear to have changed. Maybe I need to unpack to a fresh folder or something and thise files aren't really there.

Iron and steel change, huh? The other tiers don't appear to.

I certainly hope they are working on a non-1.0 stable release. I'm not too keen on making new things for a system that will be deprecated. I'll do it if I have to, though.

I'm kinda mulling over what I should work on next. I should probably work the fire spells up to tier 10, but only the fire spells. That ten tier thing looks like it's going out the window to some extent with the ore specialization.

14. Himeki

I've seen the change in iron, steel, titanium (durasteel looks like titanium). I've not found aegisalt still, minimal playtime in the last couple days.

I've not gotten to try the nightly build yet, lack of multiple installs makes it hard when you play with others. I have been trying to note things down though.

Since you're trying to think of what to do, here are the (small amount of) notes. I had another but the thought vanished before I wrote it down.
    • Everything in the game that provides light is categorized as "light". However, your light providing items are under "furniture" eg Crystal lamp, orb light fixture, fancy shaded lamp. Hard to tell what provides light and doesn't (obviously those 3).
    • Milk, being cats any plans for using milk or cream as a food/ingredient?
    • Starter seed, Crystal Plant. Extremely long growing time for the small amount of food it gives. Also the tooltip is confusing, since it doesn't actually give any type of "money".
    Edit: grammar fixes

15. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

The nightly broke because of the update to the treasure pools. I'll have to post an update for it.
    I thought about milk, but where would they get it? I'm trying to think up some kind of seed native to their home planet, but the crystal plant already fits the bill. I'll have to come up with something else. Then that plant will be added to their starting inventory.

Ah, that's right. I forgot to categorize the furniture. I'll get right on that!

I've begun making more tiers of fire spells. Currently up to working on levels seven and eight.

16. Himeki

Milk/cream - created from a plant on their home planet combined with water...or something, kinda like soy I guess now that I think about it.

When I saw it I assumed the crystal plant was sort of like rock candy. My only problem with it was how long it took to grow.
    It has a low seed drop rate (I got 1 extra seed after 5 or so harvests), long growth time, about the same replenishment as carrots/potatoes.
    Carrots became my food in one world, potatoes in another. Much faster to grow, replenishes a decent amount, and a field of 8 crops generated more than I could use (at the moment at least), not to mention they only took up 1 spot instead of 2 per plant.

I just realized I didn't look at the other furniture for categorizing, glad you picked up on my miss!

More fire! BURN THE WORLD! Anyway, the first 3 tiers of fire are really easy, then you get to the random chance to find a plant at tier 4. Curse you RNG why must you hate me so!

17. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Thing about plant milk is that, well, it's not real milk. Not where I live, anyway :p

I can't say for certain exactly what a crystalplant is like; it's a vanilla item, so all we know is what it tells us and that it is edible. If I had to guess based on the description, I'd say it probably tastes like money.
    I more intended for them to be used as ingredients for the glovetech modules, since the programs are written to and stored on crystals. Them being food is just a bonus. The sugar is a main ingredient in their foods, so that's why that is there. Perhaps I will start them out with an initial food supply to give the player time to find a food source to compensate for the slow growing crops. It'd offer a different, non-generic mode of gameplay that I'm really aiming for with this project.

My current plan with weapons is to just get a fully tiered line (fire was most developed, so went with that) to hold over until the next stable release. I plan on using the new ore specialization aspect to split into different elements like fire, water, etc., while the initial tiers will usethe pulse modules.

18. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

When the nightly version is working again, I'd love to try it out!

19. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Alright, here's a new nightly link for you guys. This one has tiered fire spells all the way to tier 10, but you'll need to use /admin and /spawnitem to get them.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/93sid65s1sps1jh/kineptic_nightly_9_27_2014.zip?dl=0

The current development build has these tiered spells available through normal gameplay. A new outfit based on Nexeron's fan art has also been added at the spinning wheel. (I don't care if you can't spin metals. I'm putting all the clothes in there!)

20. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Actually, you can 'spin' metals, assuming they have sufficient ductility.