1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Kineptic Race Mod 12-22-2015

Magician Space Cats

1. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

I'm not sure what was going on with the Perfectly Generic Items, either. That's quite bizarre. I created a few new characters myself just now, and couldn't reproduce the problem... maybe there was some other mod installed at the time, or you were using a version that had a bug in it. If it happens again, make note of all the mods you have installed and get a copy of the starbound log, then let me see those.

There's no place to get the nightly version yet--I asked people if they'd be interested in it a few posts back, but heard nothing. So I focused instead on the stable build since it recently got added to a modpack. I could possibly get it to you, but unfortunately the dye mod doesn't work with it. Speaking of Dye mod, look forward to this:

colors.PNG
    "I should have moved the yellow monolith over here... it's totally messing up the Feng Sui."

Also, on another note...
    Microdungeons. Some exist.
    BUT... I can only get them to spawn on vanilla planets. In other words... Vitsotu makes it so the microdungeons won't spawn. I tried modding the mod like I did with Avali: Augments and Assortments and the Avali mod, but it didn't work.
    Currently, the microdungeons that do exist only show up on vanilla moon biome planets because no microdungeons currently spawned there. If I did it on a forest or something, you'd have not just other species microdungeons spawning on the planet, but you'd ALSO have kineptic ones spawning in addition to them on a "second run" of dungeon placement, if that makes sense. Otherwise, I'd have to overwrite the surfaceplaceables/items argument with the kineptic added to itself, which is not friendly to other mods; this has to do with one of the limitations of the merge system.

Achievement get: Recognized by law enforcement

Kineptic fame roadmap:
    - 500 downloads
    - Get a 'like' from inspiration
    RyuujinZero: +100 points​
    - Surprise fanart
    Nexeron: +100 points​
    - Get included in a modpack
    - Draw the attention of a site staff member
    moderator: +100 points​

Net motivation: approaching 9000

Intrebute likes this.
  2. Himeki

Himeki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had this mod (obviously) current version, Peglaci, and Kawa's installed, that was all. I've not been able to reproduce it so I've got no idea what it was.

As far as the nightly version goes, if you're not actively working on it, don't worry about it. If you are working on it, I'm up for testing whenever it's needed. Not currently using dye mod so that incompatibility wouldn't matter for me (I've actually got very few mods right now).

Since you don't currently have any armors set up, do you have suggestions for replacement armor?

3. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Actually, I'm working on the armor right now. Tiers 1 and 2 are done, though instead of being unique pieces vanity-wise, they simply add little bits to what existed in the previous tier. As for replacements, they can wear just about whatever the avali can wear; doesn't look like you have the avali installed, though, so that's a bit limiting--oh crud, that's right, you guys can't get higher-tier armor without help from a separate race, can you?

Expediting. EXPEDITING.

4. Himeki

Awesome. I love the original gear I'm using, so I don't mind at all about different looks.

Yeah, I was installing minimal mods. I'd already tried the Avali in the past and I love them, but I wanted to try some others too. And now I've found another I love, plus it's a cat, that's always a bonus.

I assume we'd have to find the Avali crafting stations to be able to use their armor though, since it's Avali specific, right?

:giggle: Yep no armor upgrades, I made the normal copper armor, and a little later realized it was missing the upgrades. Was wondering if I was missing something for a bit.

5. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Yeah, you'd have to craft the armor with another character, place it in a chest on a planet, keep that planet's coords, then fly to that planet with your kineptic and pick the armor up there.

I was going to try to have an update pushed out today, but with this armor thing it might take a bit longer. I'm up to tier 3 right now, but all this spriting takes a lot of time.

6. Himeki

A suggestion for what you could do if you wanted, is to use the original armor look (or any already completed one) for all the tiers as a temporary solution. Giving you time to work on them (while still having armor available) and not need to feel rushed.

7. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

It took a while, but I've got that solution implemented now. Just need the inventory icons.

8. Himeki

Not sure how hard it would be to do, but adding a small number to the corner could work. I also noticed you can make sweet burgers, but don't have bread as a default, was that on purpose?

I didn't intend to push you into doing that, so I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I borrowed the Avali armor and used a mass replace script to make it work for my Kineptic (my temporary solution), but didn't think to mention that.

9. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

It was something that needed to get done, don't worry!
    The sweetburger is supposed to be something that's difficult to get because it's basically a full energy restore at low tiers--then again, you can't really find bread blueprints... yet. I'm guessing once the game goes out of beta, the human recipes will become available through dungeons and such. I'm not gonna worry about that right now, though: I added a new food item of comparable utility, and it's more befitting a race of cats.

10. Himeki

I can't wait to see!

EDIT: So I've noticed when you break the Crystal Lights, they drop as an item that doesn't stack with the freshly crafted ones, I have no idea why though.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  11. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Let me just say I had a little too much fun making this gif.
    Just a little teaser with what might be added in the next patch.

[​IMG]

What do you see that's new?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Seajun_, Intrebute and Quilavabom like this.
  12. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Quilavabom updated Kineptic Race Mod with a new update entry:

Furniture in all the colors of the Nyan Cat

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Gif isn't working :(

14. Himeki

The way to link images with dropbox is different from most sites.
    1. Open dropbox's website OR the dropbox folder on your computer
    2. right click the file you want to share
    3. click "Copy public link..."
    That is the link you share with. Or you can shorten it first.

[​IMG]
    It's actually simple to get around those incorrect links, but it can be confusing the first time you try. Enjoy!

Seajun_ and Feathery Dust like this.
  15. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Thanks! Well isn't this hilariously morbid

16. Himeki

The Avali armor inserts do it, you could ask Ryuujin how he did it. I tried to figure it out but I'm still not that good with starbound's modding structure. I didn't see any differences in the armor files, just icons.png:chest for example, no coloration hinting...still trying to figure that out.

Edit: I also had a thought on the lack of ability to find bread schematics. You could perhaps have it unlock in later tiers, no one seems to unlock food capabilities with tiers. Allow bread to be crafted by default, but unlock the sweetburger (and maybe the upcoming heartattack) at tier 4 or higher (maybe heartattack later, assuming better).

Glad I could help, and yeah I laughed too. Assuming it will do damage, restore a large amount (if not all) of hunger, possible energy regen

17. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

To answer this for Quil.
    It restores all your hunger, drains 50HP, and restores a large amount of energy.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  18. Himeki

I appreciate the answer, thanks! Sounds awesome, almost like a "life tap" in other games, except for energy instead of mana. Also as an edible instead of ability.

19. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

I was going to ask Ryuujin, but unfortunately he's been dealing with other things for a while. Until then, it's either wait patiently or trial and error.

You should have seen Ice's reation to his first quadruple bypass. I believe his exact words were:

"Okay, SERIOUSLY :rofl:?"

I like the idea of a tiered bread unlock. I've also been tossing around the idea of merging the recipe into uscm base loot. My only problem with that is I'll need to remove it once it's actually obtainable, which I will inevitably forget to do.

20. Himeki

I honestly have no idea how he did it, comparing your armor files to the ones I was using previously there's no difference, no clue how.

Luckily for me you named the armor the same as I did, I removed my temporary files and it swapped to yours. No conflicts or errors! :party:

My thought for bread was "bread" is unlocked by default (still have to find wheat seeds), and maybe tier 3 or 4 for the "sweetburger" to unlock (I haven't used it and I'm not all that great with balancing), later tiers for better food recipes.

The way I see it ( tainted of course by the fact that RNG tends to hate me:p )
    • Example 1, with the current setup if you start a Kineptic and play multiplayer with a human, combined you can immediately make sweetbread (or others).
    • Example 2, with bread schematic in uscm base loot if you got lucky and ended up with one on the starting planet you'd have an awesome food supply (assuming you find wheat).
    • Example 3, If bread was default but sweetburger was Tier unlocked, better food limited to crafting later and not denied by bad luck in finding the recipe.
    I'd probably forget to remove it from the list too. I'm horrible with that unless I make notes on things to do.

I had something else I was going to mention...but I can't remember it now.