Building/Ship The Republic of San Leone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Beatrice, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

1: how the devs haven't noticed you yet is beyond me
    2: is this o a server and if so,
    3: can I join? pwease? :pwease:

Beatrice likes this.
  2. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

@Commander Benny I nominated Beatrice for an Architect Badge, but no one responded or anything. As a fellow Starbound home/village/empire builder, I am dissappointed in the lack of exposure Beatrice has with her buildings and such.

And once again, I love your buildings Beatrice! I'd use an emote if I knew how to use those things.

Beatrice likes this.
  3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

1: Nah, I didn't make a great mod like Starfoundry or a similar thing, so it's quite understandable;
    2: Yes,
    3: Well, it's a german-speaking server, I don't know if you would feel comfortable. Alsoy, due to missing updated, it has lost most of its player-base... :(

Wow, I didn't know that; neither, that there existed such a medal, nor, that you nominated me. That's so cool! I really appreciate that! I'm looking forward to make also a video trip of San Leone, one day. And I'm still waiting for Ocean biomes to make a Venice-like colony. In fact, that was my original thought when I purchased the game... until I had to find out that the Ocean biome wasn't added...

You'll find the emotes under "Smilies" :D

TrueEdge likes this.
  4. Commander Benny

hey, I can use it as an excuse to learn German. ill just keep my phone nearbye in case I need google or something. AND YOU DESERVE THAT BADGE! GIVE IT TO HER DEV'S OR SUFFER THE WRATH OF HER FANBASE! :ninja::urgh::whaaat::diving::headbanging::mad::sparta::fusrodah::fireball::viking:! (bunch of random angry emoji's and warriors)

Beatrice likes this.
  5. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

So did I, a few months ago. It's kind of amazing that no one has awarded it to her yet.

Beatrice and Feathery Dust like this.
  6. Commander Benny

I know right!?
    um... also, in the topic of badges... how did you get that one in particular? I think it describes me pretty well.

7. janusforbeare

It was during the great Horseboob wars of July. :viking: I ended up heavily engrossed in one of the debates, and after going many, many pages without challenging anyone to a duel or advocating class warfare, I was deemed to be a constructive critic.

8. Commander Benny

can one still win this badge?

9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I didn't know that I had such amazing followers. Thank you guys :). By the way, learning german only for that seems like a huge sacrifice :D

That sounds like a knight's tale; a story of honour, courage and dragons!

janusforbeare likes this.
  10. Commander Benny

and horses that look like something out of a substance induced dream, don't forget that. and hey, if I can finally get on a server ill figure it out. besides, German would be pretty cool to speak.

11. janusforbeare

Sorry, I missed your reply earlier.

The constructive critic badge can still be awarded. I don't really think that anyone should change their behavior simply for a badge, of course (though if they give people extra incentive to be nice to each other, that's cool with me). That said, if you're interested in earning it, I'd advise you to find an ongoing debate that you're passionate about, and calmly and respectfully articulate your point of view. This often means not letting your temper get the better of you when people call you out or get personal.

Anyways, I urge anyone else who finds Beatrice's builds fascinating to go to the badge nomination thread and nominate her for the Architect award. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all that. :sparta:

Beatrice likes this.
  12. HiVoltage

HiVoltage Void-Bound Voyager

Looking at your avatar, I read that all in a french Mo'ai robot voice.

Beatrice and janusforbeare like this.
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I have to say, I'm curious. Is there anyone else who has an architect badge?

Woohoo, thanks! :D

14. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

I've nominated you as well, but it looks like the Nomination Thread isn't really being checked by the staff yet, oh well :p

Beatrice likes this.
  15. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Maybe it's the final stone which brings the nomination in effect - nobody knows ;)

Also, I'm going to change the opening post this week, combining all the existing images and videos I made in the last months. Hopefully this will provide a better overview; I'm going to use spoilers and a new order, so you won't have to scroll through the whole thread to find every information/image.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I changed the opening post. Please have a look at it. There are also some new pictures in the category "more pictures", like concerti in the Opera and the construction of the cathedral.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  17. Oh hey, congrats @Beatrice -- you're the first person on the forums to have earned the Architect Badge

18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Thank you so much! I really feel honoured! :)

That's so cool! Also, thanks to those who nominated me.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  19. The badge serves two purposes, mind you.

1. It's an honored reward to recognize your awesomeness (in the case of The Architect; your building feats)
    2. It's there to remind you not to rest on your laurels.

I'm excited to see what the future holds for you. I hope that, by using your amazing builder gifts -- you can help make our community a better place in some way, shape, or form.

Breakout, Feathery Dust and Beatrice like this.
  20. janusforbeare

Congrats, Beatrice! Glad to see you getting the recognition you deserve. Your new front page is great, by the way - that spiral staircase blew my mind.

And kudos to @Izzabelle for helping bring this thread to the devs attention. :up:

Breakout and Beatrice like this.