1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

They fell from above. Though I wonder how is that they received no fall damage

2. Shaymin

Shaymin Void-Bound Voyager

Could i have help, i installed race mod and my persons armor animations when i move are not correlated with my character (sorry for bad english)

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Go to the Mod Support Section for that; this is for unmodded Starbound bugs.

4. Shaymin

oh sorry[DOUBLEPOST=1411002164][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Uhhhh weres mod page)?

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

6. Shaymin

7. One of Six

One of Six Phantasmal Quasar

Crash bug: switched characters, went to new planet, crashed during loading. This has happened before. Will attempt to see if there is a consistent way of repeating it.

8. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Could you paste a Starbound log in spoilers here?

9. One of Six

Aaaah, I totally forgot. I relaunched the game. Twice. Is the log still there?

10. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Now I have no idea if this has been reported before but here it is:
    I've experienced a bug, which doesn't let me place an apex turret on the right side of any wall, and instead places it 1 block to the left, turning it invisible. I can still remove it though.

11. sandylynette

sandylynette Intergalactic Tourist

I can't even get on...running steam with Terraria also installed...paid for and installed Starbound, and it won't even launch. Clicking launch pops open a new window, where it sits a bit "Not Responding" and then throws a bunch of text...here goes, going to try and screen cap all for you..

PS: Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1, 32-bit. I've tried disabling everything except windows based software to eliminate software conflict to no avail. All updates installed, etc. Please advise!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you!

sam

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Starbound.log please?

13. digidiskette

digidiskette Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ship warps into the instant-kill layer of the game if a tunnel burrowing straight down is under the spawn area.
    Reason this is a bug: Game ignores all blocks placed above hellivator, but below original spawn point, including but not limted to: Wooden platforms, Dirt, Cobble, Obsidian, and other craftable/standonable work stations.
    Result: No longer able to access the planet in any way shape or form.

One of Six likes this.
  14. One of Six

15. Mister Eco

Mister Eco Void-Bound Voyager

Hello all, maybe someone other reported about this bug or maybe not. It's simple, if computer will stop working when game is loading your character save data, you will lose this avatar permanently. I lost my 10 tier hero in that way :(

16. Dunto

Dunto Guest

That's not a bug in Starbound so much as data corruption (due to sudden power loss or other event) in general. You can protect your character saves the same way you do your other files: make backups (regularly and often).

Seajun_ and One of Six like this.
  17. One of Six

Planet crash bug again, maybe. Was traveling from planet in Alpha Sector to planet in Gamma Sector.

"incorrect leaf block signature."

http://pastebin.com/rGMQ9njY

18. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Looks like your world file is corrupt. You'll need to delete that world file (gamma:90648762:5954966:-28295068:11:12 by the looks of your log) from the universe folder and re-launch the game to force a new version of that world be created.

19. One of Six

Wonderful. Context, since I reported this before but lacked the log file previously:

If I travel from one planet to another, things are normal. If I travel to a second planet during the same game session without quitting and restarting, or if I travel to a planet after switching characters, this crash happens reliably and repeatably. Traveling to that destination after I restart the game usually fixes the problem—which may mean a good chunk of my universe is corrupted now.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  20. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Try deleting your universe.chunks and your universe.dat (in addition to any world that fails to load) and see if that works.
    Alternatively, if you aren't concerned about saving any planets, you can just delete the entire universe directory to see if your issue clears up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.