1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

@One of Six: Now that I´ve read that... that´s true - I have tons and tons of cobblestone for building (something I have yet to do), but I know for sure that just part of it was "standard" cobblestone.
    I would have quoted you but I do not know how to link to the correct post. :p

2. AoiYami

AoiYami Starship Captain

Minibosses still have a chance of duplicating after having faced them once and dieing (die, go back, and there is two). I think I reported this but a looong time ago on the steam forum, before the last update, and yet the bug is still there. I'd screenshot it if I didn't die so quickly.

also just to say they don't despawn back into one anymore (trust me I've been trying to get back there and beat them...)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. One of Six

One of Six Phantasmal Quasar

Graphical glitch in Grasslands Biome:

2014-09-02_00008.jpg

Going down far enough results in sky showing through beneath bottom of background layer. Bug has been replicated on multiple grasslands planets.

2014-09-02_00001.jpg

2014-09-02_00003.jpg

4. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I am back and ready to update the bug list.
    This is known, don't worry.
    Added
    That's not dirt but moonrock. Also known.
    Mind giving a picture? I didn't know there are many types of cobblestone.
    Known
    Added!
    Added

5. One of Six

Here's the cobblestone in question. It's stacking on top of an existing stack of cobblestone from another planet. (I actually have several stacks of cobblestone that do look identical visually but apparently aren't.)

2014-09-02_00010.jpg

On an unrelated note, here is a glitch house with only one door.

2014-09-02_00012.jpg [DOUBLEPOST=1409706544][/DOUBLEPOST]The icons for Tomato Seed and Tomato may be reversed. The seed image is large and takes up the whole block; the fruit image is much smaller.[DOUBLEPOST=1409722278][/DOUBLEPOST]More "cobblestone." This is found in Deserts and is similar to cobblestone found in Volcanic sub-biomes.

2014-09-02_00014.jpg [DOUBLEPOST=1409732428][/DOUBLEPOST]And then there's this:

2014-09-02_00017.jpg [DOUBLEPOST=1409732519][/DOUBLEPOST]Cobblestone, Magma sub-biome, Gamma quadrant. Resembles the stuff from the desert pictured above.

2014-09-02_00018.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  6. One of Six

Planted mushroom seeds (strange seeds from the giant mushrooms in some caves) disappear on quit.[DOUBLEPOST=1409872626][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, so overkill? Three different types of Cobblestone and they all come out in inventory looking like standard cobblestone. They also take up a single stack.

2014-09-03_00005.jpg [DOUBLEPOST=1409940220][/DOUBLEPOST]One Glitch guard at matter lab states "You dishonor this tomb."

Guards at matter lab appear to be armored Glitch. Names include Soartail and Soarspiker.

Bandit seen saying "Kluex has willed that your life is forfeit."

Mini sewer has green poison liquid; poison liquid areas do not have backing tiles; sky visible through liquid.

Will provide coordinates shortly.[DOUBLEPOST=1409972705][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, update on the lore bug? Just loaded up another of my characters and he only has three entries, all of which were acquired somewhere. All of the starting entries are gone.[DOUBLEPOST=1409972864][/DOUBLEPOST]re disappearing Lore bug: This character had fewer than 25 entries and is now down to 3. This suggests that, rather than exceeding a maximum capacity, lore is disappearing from the list at random.

This opens up the possibility that items are disappearing from the 3D Printer at random.

At this point I feel it is worth mentioning that my platform is Mac OSX.

2014-09-05_00015.jpg [DOUBLEPOST=1409973632][/DOUBLEPOST]Likewise:

2014-09-05_00016.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Alucard I likes this.
  7. blkandwhtlion

blkandwhtlion Void-Bound Voyager

Hi devs,

I was look for awhile and it looks like this is the place to report bugs? I have read most reports and am listing the ones I found that have not been reported to my knowledge.

EDIT: This is not the nightly build, but the most recent release as of 9/6/14
    I am experiencing these bugs as I think they are:

1) Ship with no fuel can travel to the same planet it is at (does the animation of travel, goes no where...)
    2) clicking the "Go" button for ship travel repeatedly will crash the game. (my mouse double clicked it and crashed me). If you could make the button disable for say one second it would most likely fix the issue, because I clicked the button in travel after the initial startup of travel and while the ship is moving the button clicks do nothing the crash the game.
    3) Monsters while moving seem to be invulnerable. I started testing all sorts of ranged weapons and found that the melee does the same. I think it has something to do with the hit box not matching up with the motion of the monters while jumping, because I was able to hit the monsters by leading an imaginary target ahead of them. (I mean come on those birds are hard enough to hit as it is right?)
    4) Pulling out a weapon at the same time you click renders the weapon unusable until you switch items in the hot bar again. I can't reproduce this 100% and it rarely happens unless I try to do it.

That's all I found for now. Great game, I am glad to help you fix this asap, worth every penny and minute typing these reports up.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  8. Alucard I

Dude, if you read closely, the thread is not for nightlies. Sorry, but you'll have to wait until next official release.

9. blkandwhtlion

This is not the nightly build. I did not even opt in to that. This is the Enraged Koala build, though I can see that I may been unclear on that.

10. Alucard I

The problem is in date, since I'm not sure if you were saying September or June. Thanks for pointing out that you weren't playing nightly though!

11. One of Six

An associate of mine has suggested, in light of the lore and printer bugs wherein things randomly disappear, that the game or some element thereof might be "running out of memory and overwriting stuff," such as Lore and Printer items. I lack a technical understanding of what this means.

In response to the date: if I recall correctly, in U.K. 9/6/2014 is 9th June, 2014. In the U.S., it's September 6th, 2014.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  12. Alucard I

I'm from Russia, and this date means 9th of June for us, but knowing that site is mostly English, I used the US date system and thought that the guy was using nightly builds. Whoops.

13. DerwandelndeTod

DerwandelndeTod Void-Bound Voyager

if you sleep in a bed and have npcs walk around, the npcs walk behind you and befor the bed, causing the illusion that you are floating.
    you can reproduce it rather easily by placing a bed and a npc spawner and then sleeping in the bed and letting the npc walk around you.

14. Alucard I

Alright I'm back home and can update the bug list.
    Updating.
    Updating this too~
    btw I am no dev, and not even a mod. To contact devs write a PM to @mollygos (unrecommended though, because she's busy too) or going to IRC chat.

And this is known.

15. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Last planet my Hylotl went to was the mother of all spike balls. Literally. There are some walls which go right up into the sky. I suppose this might not exactly be a bug but more of "whim" of the world generator (a place where some rounding errors finally add up or something like that). But whatever it is this little discrepancies are probably not exactly easy to find so I wanted to mention it. Might be worth a look.
    For the record: OS Windumb

InsaneWall.jpg InsaneWall6.jpg InsaneWall5.jpg

OT: Who do I have to poke if I have a problem with uploading an avatar? Damn thing insists on some stupid pic I tried ages ago - I can not change it so I just deactivated it. :poo:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  16. blkandwhtlion

Found another bug I did not see mentioned.

In multiplayer server, when my friend jumps in my cockpit of my ship he can travel to planets, only it does not move the ship, but still consumes the fuel. He stranded me on a planet after he looted all my wood and coal and sucked all the ships resources up....If only there was PvP to stop him...LOL

17. One of Six

Bug: Avian Counter is being treated as a storage container rather than a cooking surface.

18. This has been a problem for quite a while. Your options are limited to either using Gravatar or simply not having an avatar.

19. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Well, it was worth a try and ask. Thank you! :)
    ...damn... this smilies are all REALLY creepy and so don't look what their description says... <shudders>

Edit: Link fail...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  20. One of Six

Bandages make healing zippy noise when used. Medkits make zippy noise underneath crunchy "Eating" noise.

Glitch guards in Matter Labs are definitely saying the sayings from Avian Tombs, and have Avian names.

2014-09-10_00001.jpg [DOUBLEPOST=1410771242][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, after visiting Avian Pirate Ship, when landing on the planet again and approaching the anchor a second time, there are pirates on the ground.

2014-09-08_00002.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.