1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

2. One of Six

One of Six Phantasmal Quasar

[DOUBLEPOST=1409144573][/DOUBLEPOST]Defense turrets commence firing before they begin to aim at the target.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  3. Alucard I

Added. If possible, provide us with pictures.

4. One of Six

Screenshot pending; experiencing difficulties.

More detailed description of the bug mentioned above: The turret barrels move up and down slowly. If a flying enemy moves overhead within range of the turret while the barrel is pointed downward, the turret will commence firing immediately even though the barrel is still in the process of (slowly) moving upward to engage the target. This results in 2 to 4 missed shots, and minor collateral damage.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  5. jubaG_

jubaG_ Guest

What about me? I've found a bug, why didn't you listed it? D:

6. Alucard I

Hmm, I don't remember seeing your post. Maybe I just missed it?
    Let's take a look at what you wrote here and add it.

7. jubaG_

jubaG_ Guest

It's on page 135, if you didn't checked already.

8. Alucard I

Yeah, I've noticed. I'm testing your bug right now.

9. jubaG_

jubaG_ Guest

So...did you finished yet? Why does it take so long?

10. Alucard I

Well, it does take long. Looking through the code, simulating the same situation and all stuff. I just finished, btw.

11. jubaG_

jubaG_ Guest

Excellent. Oh, and don't forget to add it on the buglist c:

12. One of Six

There, Steam overlay started working again, and I just spent a long time trying to get a shot of the conditions of the turret bug mentioned above.

2014-08-28_00003.jpg

Left side, red lights: The turret at the bottom was facing upward and engaged the enemy immediately.

The turret in the middle has detected the enemy but is not pointed at it yet. It has likely already fired: there is a brown smudge visible on a roof tile across from the left-hand middle platform which may be a visual "impact" effect from a projectile, but I can't make it out.

The turret at the top is in the process of firing before it finished pointing at the enemy and is likely responsible for the crack in the roof.

(As before, the turrets on the right side do not engage unless the enemy is at point-blank range.)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  13. Alucard I

Great! Good job!

One of Six likes this.
  14. jubaG_

jubaG_ Guest

WHAT ABOUT MY BUG! Why it isn't on dat buglist? :C
    5 Hours.

5 hours.

5 damn hours.

15. Alucard I

Firstly, I'm not a robot. I too have other things to do.
    Secondly, there is no reason to yell. Sooner or later, I add them anyway. Every bug.
    Thirdly, look closer, I added it.

16. One of Six

1. Lore Entries
    2. 3D Printer issue

1. Lore entries seem to have a cap of 25 visible entries, and going beyond this number starts removing previous entries from the list, including the starting entry "Control Yourself." Any lore that has already been read once cannot be reacquired by that character.

2. The 3D printer appears to remove certain previous entries from search results—seemingly in an arbitrary fashion—after a certain number of objects have been scanned in; these "missing" objects cannot be rescanned by that character. The number of scanned objects necessary to reach this point is extremely high, but the printer seems to have a maximum capacity of items it is willing to display. Scanning every single object you come across for long enough seems to eventually result in this.

Example: scanned Frog Statue some months ago; scanned numerous other objects. Frog Statue option no longer displayed in appropriate location in printer; does not show up under search; cannot rescan frog statue.

Frog Statue scanned by second new character; frog statue displayed in printer menu; shows up in search for "frog".

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  17. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Look what the cat dragged in! So there's still an issue with the codex. The formatting is not correct - part of the text is not visible
    but I'm pretty sure this problem is well known.
    What I want to report is the seemingly wrong coding of some characters.
    Problem occurs under Windows Vista SP2 (don't start), german version.

Attached Files:

One of Six likes this.
  18. Mialamo

Mialamo Space Spelunker

I just started a new character and happened to beam up to the ship as a lightning strike happened. It became stuck in the background for the ship.
    I've been able to reproduce this three times now. The first time I think it was with fog weather, but the one in the attached screenshot is from stormy weather.

Exact Coordinates are:
    Alpha Sharcedon 027 I
    x: 65931343
    y: 62875138

Attached Files:

19. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Took me quite while to notice this:
    BlueDirtRedBlocks.jpg
    The blue dirt under the feet of my character produces RED dirt blocks.
    There might be other cases where something like that happens but
    I could be mistaken. Now it's glaringly obvious but while playing it is
    ridiculously hard to notice (at least I think so).

One of Six likes this.
  20. One of Six

On a related subject, mining different types of cobblestone deep underground produces tiles that all look like standard surface cobblestone.

dropdead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.