Homestuck Clan Thread: 8^y (where y=8)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

There is no freedom online at all, since all servers are owned by someone.

2. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

"On Yes's album "Fragile," Jon Anderson's solo track "We Have Heaven," which starts out simply enough but quickly moves into an ever-increasing multitracked loop of Jon's voice, ends with a closing door blocking out the sound and footsteps running away. At the end of the final track, "Heart Of The Sunrise", which finishes abruptly on an imperfect cadence, there's a pause... and then the door opens, revealing "We Have Heaven" still going on, as presumably it has been throughout the rest of the album."

legendary

3. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

4. Tovlyn

Tovlyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, many of those points actually makes sense, a lot more so than the average more "no fun allowed"-lenient versions one would usually get. But some of you guys tend to call out people for just goofing around, which in all honesty everyone does differently -and should be allowed to. -Given previous statements in the line of "we're all trying to escape the bullshit real life throws our way". I just think that lately it has kinda gotten out of hand with this post-shaming, both ridiculements and actual occurence. If anything, it's the constant bickering we've had since late Biz-time that really starts to tear on the clan-mood. Now I am in no way one of those "Toughen up kid" persons, what I suggest is more like the opposite, loosen up a bit and let people have fun in their own ways, within reasonable proportions ofc.

-And I am terribly sorry to disturb the peaceful mood we have right now with my own bickering, but I'd rather have it now when everyone is in a decent mood than later when the shitocalypse has already happened. :rofl:

5. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    You democrats and your anarchistic ideas of "fun"

6. MCMo

MCMo Treasure Box

Idk of anything banned
    but theres a lot of homophobia, racism, etc. etc. conservative shit
    so generally if youre caught doing anything liberal like reading youre a social failure

7. RedScarWolf

Come on Tac, enough with the shitposting, gawd

8. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

I am return from the land of school,

'Allo

9. I'm sorry you feel that way.

10. TachyonBlade

11. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

You should voice your opinions more often because this takes like every complaint I could have ever had with the new forum and rolls it up into one well thought out post. Ironically, you posted this on the same day I was going to voice my complaints.

I mean, if people were just going like shitpost central here(And correct me if I'm wrong and you actually DID try the following idea) why didn't you guys bring a moderator, preferably the only one with common sense, Jonesy, in to deal with things if people said they wouldn't stop shitposting after you asked them to stop? I mean, did you really need to just be like "ok fuck literally this entire forum"? I just feel as if people are going like really overboard over this whole shitposting thing. I don't know, I guess I just don't see the reason for a whole entire new forum. also the fact that relinies is in a place of authority is really off-putting to me
    And on the kC thing, while I do believe he needs to clean up his act, I agree that at this point people are bullying him a bit. I mean, what reason are we really giving him to change? All everyone ever does is go "o shit kc's a fukn retard lolololol" every time he fucks up in the slightest. And frankly, saying things like "It's a thing intelligent people do(something you're not very familiar with)" and stuff like that to kC is really uncalled for. I mean, if I was kC, I wouldn't try and change for you guys. You're being dicks. Not to mention you're not exactly setting a very good example for him.
    I mean like what if you were at like a new school or something and there was this really cool group of people who welcomed you into their club or whatever
    But then every time you got worked up over something or said something stupid they all made fun of you
    You'd think they were a bunch of fuckin douchebags

12. TachyonBlade

I give up, I'm not even gonna care about what happens here. I'll go and ask Shark for the link and get to work on the RP section. Balls to the argument people continue on with, even though it achieves nothing.

Beating a dead horse isn't as fun anymore for me. One of these days, I've gotta learn.

13. kawaiiChiimera

kawaiiChiimera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wha?

14. It's not the entire reason we're making a new forum. I'm going for it so we can have more control, more room, more freedom, and so we don't have to deal with the moderators here. Plus, having an entire forum to yourself is pretty cool. :mwahaha:

Relinies has been around longer than almost anyone, he's almost always around, and he knows how to get shit done. Why shouldn't he be one of our leaders?

15. TachyonBlade

(Also I love the fact that this allows me to make Limit Break a reality. Its like a publisher wanted to publish my book.)

16. kawaiiChiimera

kawaiiChiimera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do admit the forum thing would be useful, but seriously
    140 dollars for a backup thread?
    edit: the xenforo thing is 140 dollars right

17. RedScarWolf

All I have to say about any of this drama is that nothing has changed, nothing at all has changed since the day I started posting here, but apparently all the stuff that has been completely normal for this group now has leprosy and must be purged. None of you people make sense anymore.

18. It's not a backup thread, it's a new primary one. Plus, it's already paid for and the person who payed for it practically insisted upon buying it.
    It's already done and purchased.

19. TachyonBlade

140 dollars for a main thread. This here is the backup thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.