1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Gallavoir: Gardevoir/Gallade in Starbound

Discussion in 'Races' started by Mackinz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I apologize again. Things just didn't work out on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I couldn't do.much work on the mod. However, I will make myself do a lot this weekend. I've procrastinated long enough!

2. Azelsoras

Azelsoras Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry I've been quiet for so long. But rest assured I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to make those outfits work.
    Aaaand I got nothin'.

I'm sorry to say this, but... I don't think I can do it after all. It's just beyond my abilities.

3. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

Which outfits?

4. Acewonder

Acewonder Guest

Damn, this is really cute! I'm really looking forward to seeing this mod progress. You have all my support as to making the gallevoir a successful race mod o3o

5. Azelsoras

Oh, Mackinz wanted some Indian-style outfits for the Gallavoir race (I think they were Indian? There's a picture of them earlier on in this thread.)
    And not like Native American Indians, like Indian Indians.

But they were way too difficult for me to do.

6. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope no one minds if I give this a bump. I happened upon it when searching a mod for a certain pink pirate in another topic. I can ~maybe~ help sprite and I should be able to do the custom namegen. I've customized the namegen for other races already and have modified sprites. I don't know how to create a sprite from scratch exactly, but if given a layout I could work with it. This is only if you're really hurtin' for a spriter to do odd jobs given my poor experience at working with starbound sprites. I use to be a pixel artist though. That was four-six years ago :rofl:

If you still need it, I could download it (I'll download it anyway) and add the custom namegen then reupload it to pass it back.
    No promises just yet though... never know what could go wrong.
    I'd just like to see this pick back up. The race looks good. The body color looks a little on the flat side but it's quite nice. I mostly only use the Succubus race, but I wouldn't mind playing one of these at all.

The "Last activity August 5th" isn't very promising though.

7. Azelsoras

So, wait, is this thread dead? Because no-one other than II have offered any sort of updates to this mod

I hope this mod is still being worked on...;-;

8. Azelsoras

Is this mod dead now? I really hope not...

9. Gir554

Gir554 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I checked and Mackinz hasn't even been on the forums in a while. If we're lucky maybe it's loss of interest due to slow updates and this will pick back up once we get the next official update.

10. Mackinz

Sorta. It's not a problem with Starbound, per se. More of a problem with myself. And my computer. If you didn't know beforehand, my computer used to be a slow piece of junk, but I recently upgraded to something more 2013-ish and just have been busy the rest of the time. With the recent update, I might get back into modding. I think I'll have to relearn some stuff, though.

If anyone would like to contribute to the mod in my absence, feel free.

11. apocalypsiaria

apocalypsiaria Aquatic Astronaut

Can you update this for the new starbound update please

12. Mackinz

I'll work on it.

t.ferabend likes this.
  13. Mackinz

Worked on it. Updated the current WIP version for Upbeat Giraffe. I removed the Rattan dependency, as I haven't released the update for that mod, and I had to substitute the old custom ship with the Human ship. Also, I added the Apex starting clothes to character creation, and their recipes.

I remember having a few changes for the mod, back when I was on my crappy computer, but I suppose this is enough for now. Next, I will probably sprite the Oran Berry tree from Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and then make the Oran Berry Tree sprite from earlier (here) into an actual tree ala the cactus "trees" from various desert planets... after I update my Rattan mod, and BetterMerchants.

t.ferabend likes this.
  14. Mackinz

Hey @Cipherstar , is your offer to help with a custom namegen still valid?

15. Mackinz

Quick Alpha 0.0.3 update:

[​IMG]
    Oooh, shiny arm blade.

Changes:

- Fixed respawn animation issue
    - Fixed typo in starter quest
    - Fiddled with the starter weapons and actually made them look like arm blades
    - Added costless crafting recipe for the starter weapon

Seriously looking for a pixel artist interested in helping.

16. t.ferabend

t.ferabend Void-Bound Voyager

soo....... why is the download a 'better merchants' mod

17. Mackinz

I will fix that. Sorry.

Edit: Download fixed. I host a bunch of files on my Mediafire account, so I must've clicked the wrong one by accident. This one is the right file.

18. t.ferabend

t.ferabend Void-Bound Voyager

no problem

19. Mackinz

Another quick update. 0.0.4, this time (overdue, I feel):

[​IMG]
    Fields and fields of Oran Berry Trees...

Changes:
    - Implemented Oran Tree farmable
    - Drops Oran Berry on harvest. Does not despawn on harvest
    - Takes 20 to 25 minutes to grow
    - Seed is crafted from an Oran Berry
    - More seeds can be bought at the Terramart at the Outpost​
    - Added Oran Berry
    - Will not conflict with other mods that add Oran Berry
    - You get three in your Ship Locker at the start.​
    - Added Oran Truffle, Oran Bread and Oran Souffle
    Crafting Recipes:
    [​IMG]
    That's about it, for now. Thanks for testing my mod out!

[​IMG]
    What a lovely sight!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1423776543][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I made sure to double and triple check that I linked to the correct download for 0.0.4. Hope you have fun!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  20. Mackinz

So, I came home today unsure of what I wanted to do. So I settled on building.

I was thinking that this might be a good style for a Gallavoir home:

[​IMG]

Sorta Floran-like, but with more flowers and one-with-nature stuff. I like it. Does anyone have an opinion on it? I'm looking for feedback, here.