1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Kineptic Race Mod 12-22-2015

Magician Space Cats

1. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Quilavabom submitted a new mod:

Kineptic Race Mod - Magician Space Cats

Read more about this mod...

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

What could go wrong?
    (attempts to be first to download)

3. Magician space cats are my favourite type of Space cats!

4. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

I am showing love,

Great work!

All of the love has been shown.

ALL of it.
    :lickitung:<3

5. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

is this compatible with madtulips spaceships mod?

6. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

That didn't cross my mind--I will definitely look into that when I get home.

SOME HOURS LATER:

Transaction pending.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  7. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Glad to see another person working with the Avali sprite. :D Now I just gotta get stuff done x,x

8. TheNuki

TheNuki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First of all I wanted to say that I love this mod and how it change up the game play, but I seem to have stumbled upon a bug. Most towns seem to generate without people. I have stumbled upon both an empty Avian and Glitch settlement and an Avali village with two lone inhabitants in the outskirts. I have never had this problem prior to installation.
    I'm also no programmer, but i find it odd for the current version of the mod to glitch out in this manner.

9. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

That's... bizzare.
    Try finding a few more settlements. If the problem persists, go into the kineptic mod and delete the npc folder. If that doesn't work, I'll have to look into it when I get home.

LATER:

It looks like I forgot a ":" in the villageguard config file. I don't think that's what would cause something like this--especially since I found a fully populated village in my own game with the same version you're using.

IN OTHER NEWS

It could be a little while for the next update... with all this stuff in the nightly and the _merge system being replaced with the patch system, it feels less than optimal than to be coding for the latest and greatest. Unfortunately, there's no telling when that will get pushed to stable.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  10. Gratuitous Lurking

I'd say work on what ya can for the basework, but not focus too much on tiering, ship replacement, and so on. That way, there's only a few things you got to replace when it's time to set up anew :p

Also, am I being a derp, or is there a station I'm not thinking of checking to make the new spell gloves beyond your starter ones? :S

11. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Actually, I already have them working in the nightly build :p

As for the spells, you craft them at the arcane shrine. The only upgradable one is the fireball; they are unlocked by using the engine upgrades.

12. Gratuitous Lurking

Didn't even notice the shrine in the crafting menu before. Derp!

One last question: For Fireball Lvl. 4, it mentions fireflowers. I'm assuming that's something added in the mod but not quite accessable yet? Or am I being a further derp again?

13. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Fireflower.s[sic] are the bright red, four-petaled potted flowers you can find scattered around avian villages. Firball Lv4 can be dual wielded, and it's a blast to use once you have armor that can support the energy drain! Admittedly, I've never tested the recipe before... so let me know if you have problems with it.

Another note: if you have vitsotu installed, only search vanilla biomed planets for dungeons. Most of the added ones do not spawn them.

14. idolord

idolord Void-Bound Voyager

that is kawaiiiii !!! indeed...

15. TheNuki

Wow I guess code works in mysterious ways! ;)

You said that there will be some time to next update, does that mean that the error wont get fixed until then?

I'm sorry, I just want this error fixed so i can play your wonderful mod. OTL

16. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Did you delete the NPC folder? I can't imagine why anything other than that would be causing issues, and kineptic don't show up as NPC's yet. I forgot to take the folder out before release. I'll see about updating it later, though. I'm currently digging into the nightly build and the starbound class documentation to see what new bells and whistles I have to play with.

17. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Nice mod idea you have here.

18. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Quilavabom updated Kineptic Race Mod with a new update entry:

That's not supposed to be there!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Icebelly and Seajun_ like this.
  19. TheNuki

I did and it fixed it. Thanks. :D

20. Discohydra

Discohydra Phantasmal Quasar

@Quilavabom I can confirm that the syntax error (The missing colon) in the villageguard.npctype file is completely messing with the NPC village spawns, but only when it's working with another mod that is also modifying the same file using __merge. I just implemented the fix myself on my private server, and all village spawns work correctly. Please patch this.