1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali - Compound Tech Bow v1.1

Adds an Avali-themed bow to the game. Includes an animated weapon mount version!

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Ulithium_Dragon submitted a new mod:

Avali - Compound Tech Bow - Adds an Avali-themed bow to the game. Includes an animated weapon mount version!

Read more about this mod...

2. Ulithium_Dragon

There's 69 frames in that silly mounted bow. It was SO tedious to animate each frame, changing just a few pixels each time! :facepalm:

3. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

So these bows are for Tier 1 (CB1) Tier 2 (CB2) Tier 4 (CB3) and Tier 10 (CB4) correct? I'm just basing assumptions off of the type of bars used =3

4. Ulithium_Dragon

Yeah, I didn't spend an overwhelming amount of time and thought into the tiers and the recipes. I wanted to keep the main mod's theme for 4 weapon levels, but at the same time I had to "boost" their tier 4 stuff myself because it lacked the power required for level 10 planets... So that's correct I guess, if you're assuming "tier" as you're using it either means item level or intended planet use level.

Buuut this does bring my attention to the fact that there's a very sizable gap between Durasteel and Impervium. Maybe I'll add a "CB3.5 Lancer" made with Ferozium or something! n.nU

This also seems like as good a place as any to say that all the bow tiers are maybe 1.5x as strong as the vanilla bows (i.e. hunting, iron, steel, and titanium). Well, at least the first two are. I think I boosted the damage quite a bit beyond what the steel and titanium bows had...

5. yolopainter

yolopainter Big Damn Hero

can i use your mod for a mopak

6. Ulithium_Dragon

Sure! Just make sure to credit me as the author, and send me a link wen ya release it - I wanna see what you've got! :]

7. yolopainter

yolopainter Big Damn Hero

sure i can send the link to you once we have full consent from the other Aurthur's

8. Ulithium_Dragon

9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

This mod is fine and all, but Ryuu, the Avali's creator, has stated that the Avali have no use for bows. Their hunting targets were so large that using a bow on them would be like using a pistol to try to take down a battlecruiser.

Though, having said that, I see no reason they couldn't have made their own bows as they explored the stars and saw that most prey was small enough for a bow to be practical.

10. Ulithium_Dragon

Yeah well, I made this for my own personal tastes. It may not be 100% cannon (or even 1% lol), but it also doesn't have to be - I had several conversations with Ryuu on the matter, and he really doesn't mind non-cannon content being released as add ons for his mod (it's the whole "If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to download it!") philosophy! :]

Also, if you look, he even liked the mod! :p

11. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Yep!

Some of us like Avali and Avali tech without being interested in all the hard science so we like nifty stuff like this mod because we don't take it too seriously :rofl:

Ulithium_Dragon likes this.
  12. kylewoodpile

kylewoodpile Orbital Explorer

I cant open thee file is there anything special I have to do?!?!?! (I have the race mod installed too)

13. Ulithium_Dragon

I need some more specific context here to be able to help ya:
    -It's just a simple .zip file, all you have to do is extract it like any other mod
    -As with any internet download, there's always the slim possibility the file will not download correctly and will become "corrupted". Have you tried re-downloading it...?
    -Make sure if you extract the file that you don't have a double embedded folder. By this I mean after extraction, if the folder was named "MyFolder", make sure if you open "MyFolder" that there isn't another folder named "MyFolder" directly inside it. The default windows extractor settings will be set to place the extracted contents into a "new" folder (named the same as the .zip folder).

14. valavaern

valavaern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

most recent upload seems to have been a bad upload; the zip is still corrupted after multiple downloads, and is in fact listed as being only 18.6k, where as the 1.0 version is 74.8k in size. I don't think tweaking the energy usage should shave 56.2k off the file size. :x

15. Ulithium_Dragon

It's file size is so much smaller because I compressed it properly with 7zip... I dislike that this site only supports .zip and .rar files for host-site archive uploads, so I at least tried to compress the archive at a reasonable ration using 7zip. But since you're only the 13th (exaggeration person to say that it isn't working, I will upload my mirror file here as the main file (since I have confirmation from someone with this issue that that particular version is working for them). Give me a few minutes...

I still don't get the issue, though. I've downloaded it off here to test and run it successfully like 7 times now, and I just tried again when I read your post... Meh, whatever.

16. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon updated Avali - Compound Tech Bow with a new update entry:

No Changes Other Than Type of Archive Compression

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Amazing mod :3 i love the bow, the design and the animations from the preview! i doanloded but when i tried to run my game along with it (on an avali in fact) the game crashed, with a access violation error, im wondering if its clashing with another mod? or is it something i did wrong? unzipped the bow folder into the mods folder, as goes with every other mod out there (with a few exceptions)

18. Ulithium_Dragon

Do you have the original Avali race mod installed? This mod REQUIRES it simply because it makes use of some of the crafting materials, and the Avali Weapons Bench for crafting the item. Any mod with a missing dependency will likely crash the game. Other than that I'm not sure what the problem could be... You aren't using a Nighlty build, right? This was made for version "Enraged Koala" and thus won't work for any other version.

Corraidhín likes this.
  19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

argh dumb edit options, no i dont use koala, and yes its the full avali race xD i also have rentek armory

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  20. Ulithium_Dragon

Uh, no, Starbound uses weird version names: "Enraged Koala" is the current stable version that most mods are made for (I don't recall the name the Nightlies use, but it usually shows up in one of the bottom corners on the game's main menu).