1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated StarMount 5.1

StarMount - 150 Mounts - Pleased Giraffe

1. moivalin

moivalin Space Hobo

Its work ! Thank you im just so stupid x) Have a nice day and good game ;)

2. Jlk2000x

Jlk2000x Orbital Explorer

So, this seems like a good concept, and I really want to try out this mod, but I can't figure out how to get the DNA extractor. This might sound noobish, but how do you craft it?

3. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

You should just be able to craft it for any vanilla crafting table - Wooden Crafting Table, Robotic Crafting Table, etc. Heck, I think it's set up to be craftable almost anywhere, including crafting without a crafting station (i.e. with the hotkey "C")! Basically anywhere but the Mount Station! :]

4. creepycreeper

creepycreeper Yeah, You!

Please please PLEASE help me I think your mod is totally epic but when I download it I get a winrar file and I place it in the mods file but still it does NOT work (prob cause I don't know how to use winrar files and it annoys the crap out of me) if you could help me with downloading it or whatever I would be very happy

your friend
    <-----this guy

5. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

First of all, Winrar does not have its own unique archive type. This forum only supports the basic .zip and .rar archive file types, so they're probably only opening using Winrar because that's the archiver tool you have installed. However, in this state a file is "compressed", and most games and programs can't read or use these archives until they are "extracted". First off I just want to say that you should seriously consider uninstalling Winrar and installing 7zip. It's a much more light-weight program, and it's completely 100% freeware with zero strings attached, whereas Winrar will keep asking you to "buy the full version" and may even limit what feature you have access to until you do. 7zip has it's own unique archive file extension type, .7zip, which has a higher compression rate that both .zip and .rar files (but unfortunately this site doesn;t support uploading .7zip files for some reason - it's almost universally recognized, so I have no idea why).

Now for your main problem, you need to "extract" the "Starmount" folder and place it in your "Starbound/mods" directory. I don't know how Winrar works, exactly, but you *should* be able to right click on the archive and select "extract here". Either that, or double click on the archive to open it, and drag and drop it into the mods folder.

6. marac008

marac008 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Coming soon... ;)

Hara Rara likes this.
  7. creepycreeper

creepycreeper Yeah, You!

(reply toUlithium_Dragon Star Wrangle)
    uh thanks but how exactly how do i uninstall winrar and that other stuff. basicly confusion is overwhelming

8. marac008

Just copy StarMount_1.5.rar to your .../Starbound/mods folder, then right click on this StarMount_1.5.rar that you copied and click Extract here, and thats it, your done :)

9. marac008

marac008 updated StarMount with a new update entry:

MAJOR UPDATE! 20 New Flying mounts!

Read the rest of this update entry...

sosmic and Hara Rara like this.
  10. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

wow dude the new flying mounts look awsome !!!
    good job again !!! <3<3<3<3<3

11. marac008

thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

12. Destroyo_0

Destroyo_0 Space Hobo

Were do you create the machines?

13. marac008

If you mean machine for creating mounts, that's called Mount Station, and the recipe for that can be found anywhere, crafting table, pressing "C", etc.

14. marac008

15. torp3do

torp3do Orbital Explorer

it seems amazing! but don't work for nightly build! :(

16. marac008

Nope, just stable version, for now.

17. marac008

marac008 updated StarMount with a new update entry:

AoE attack key input fixed

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. deathkwondoe

deathkwondoe Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there im not sure if this has already been answered and sorry if it has but how do do I make the DNA extractor? I'm currently on beta galaxies and im not seing a recipe or an option to for the crafting table or gun at all.

19. marac008

If you installed the mod correctly you should see the recipes in two places, in wooden crafting table and basic crafting (pressing C button). Here's the picture:

[​IMG]

20. bluecar06

bluecar06 Void-Bound Voyager

I installed starmount with my StarScape modpack to check it out. I got this configfile error :
    StarException: An error occurred during loading: StarException: Duplicate projectile asset typeName lightball. configfile/starmount/projectiles/npcs/lightball/lightball.projectile (and a little more, cant copy n' paste it soo...) I then deleted it from my mods folder, and im still getting the same error even though its uninstalled. (I'm using the stable version aswell)