1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

you forgot one of the unlisted commands

/fixedcamara

it makes the camara not fallow the player (good for makeing videos)

wait thats not the comand they must have changed/removed it
    never mind

2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Hmm... I'll put /fixedcamera in there, just so we have it listed as one of the past commands... just in case they bring it back.

Thanks for the continued feedback guys... keep it up!

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Someone should spawn the Tentacomet.

4. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

Another mining thing to watch out for is that ores inside unstable materials such as fine sand or gravel will now simply vanish when the unstable material is disturbed instead of popping out for you to collect like they did in older versions. I think this is related to the way pickaxes are now tiered and cannot dig up ores that are above their tier.

Progression is limited to tier 2 only by the lack of any legit way to get a processor.
    If you use
    Code:
    /spawnitem processor
    then you'll be able to build a robotic crafting table at the iron crafting table once you have 20 titanium bars.

SivCorp likes this.
  5. ejh1990

ejh1990 Phantasmal Quasar

I couldn't see it in this thread, but if anyone isn't aware (and apologies if many of you are) but if you press y (not in the chat window, press it like you would any other button) when playing with admin mode enabled, the last command used is repeated. Very useful if you find yourself repeating a command a lot.

SivCorp and Owl_Stalker like this.
  6. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Tried the togglelayer again in many ways. No matter what you do, it does nothing :(

7. caitalj22

caitalj22 Master Chief

/spawnitem liquidgun

SivCorp likes this.
  8. SivCorp

I added a section for interesting things to spawn in... what other new things are there to spawn?

9. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Personally, I'd like to see a big list of weapontypes for the spawn commands. Just when I think I know how to get a certain type, I'm wrong.

10. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

I can do that, and it's actually pretty simple. Basically, instead of just using /spawngun [Level] [Color], add rarity and weapon type too.

For instance: /spawngun 500 1 legendarymachinepistol

/spawnsword 500 1 uncommontier2shortsword

The complete command is /spawn(gun/sword) [Level] [Color] [Rarity][Type] (No space between the last two)

However, keep in mind that not ALL of the weapons have certain rarities available (Pulse Rifles are always Uncommon, Avian Blasters are always Common, Floran Maces are always Legendary, Mushroom Swords are always rare, etc), so if you spawn an unavailable rarity, you'll get an error. (Btw, I'm not sure if the Color area actually does ANYTHING; I've tried lots of numbers and the colors still seem random to me.....)

Here are the codes I've tried so far; there are still a lot missing.

1. Rarities

-common
    -uncommon
    -rare
    -legendary

2. Gun Types

-pistol
    -plasmapistol
    -machinepistol
    -shotgun
    -plasmashotgun
    -grenadelauncher
    -rocketlauncher
    -avianblaster
    -pulserifle
    -flamethrower

3.Melee Types

-commonshortsword
    -uncommontier2shortsword

Hope this help. Feel free to post any other commands I didn't list here.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Kentoz and SivCorp like this.
  11. ejh1990

This site is fantastic for finding item IDs. Unfortunately, it doesn't have nightly items included. Which is a shame...

... So it would be good to have something similar for nightly builds. And there is. Attached to this post. A complete list of every item, ID, and description (as well as where the file is listed). I have provided it in CSV (tab delimited), ODS, and XSL formats. There's also a CSV, ODS, and XLS spreadsheets for all objects currently in the game. Unfortunately the forum shouted at me when I tried uploading them individually as it didn't like the file types.

Anyway, some interesting things to note about the spreadsheet are that some items have literally no name or description. These seem to be either super-testingy items or possibly upcoming items. Not sure how many of them work, but perhaps someone can report back. :p

I also apologise about it not being in any particular order. It was the order that the items were identified when I grep'd the latest assets. Also keep in mind that some items may not actually spawn with a simple /spawnitem commands as they would require extra data. But by and large, it's all there.

Hope this is of some use to everyone! :)

I'll try and throw together an updated spreadsheet every few days or so, if people want. Would this be something that would interest you especially, @SivCorp ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    MaRsHiN and MysticMalevolence like this.
  12. SivCorp

A good asset for those testing items and interactions. Thanks ejh1990 :up:

Do you know if that site will continue to be updated? If yes, then I will link it in the top post for people to use.

MaRsHiN likes this.
  13. ejh1990

That site is certainly updated frequently (last update 7th August on Heroku, today on GitHub), but it doesn't look like it includes the actual nightly listings. And there's probably a very good reason for that. However, the source code is available here for anyone interested. The database of items is stored in a JSON file. So that's there if anyone wants to make a fork for nightly builds.

In the meantime, I will continue pumping out the list of items the old-fashioned way. Although the next set of files I will include a JSON version that would work with the above app. :)

edit: Ahh, that file in question also holds all projectiles and particles too. OK, but a bit confusing for people who just want to spawn things in. Also, I have updated my spreadsheet -- things went a bit wonky with the item one. I have also now put all items and objects into one spreadsheet rather than splitting them up.

edit 2: I have also noticed that although everything to do with the environment is technically an object (obviously), unlike most objects they turn into a PGO if one were to try and spawn one. So grass, spikes, etc. while objects cannot be spawned. Which is a shame. :p

edit 3: Lots of edits! Woo! Turns out you can currently spawn the Outpost merchants too! Since they are "containers" rather than NPCs at the moment, they are basically objects. Objects that can be spawned. Like this:

[​IMG]

And the spawning codes are in the spreadsheet. But for those without time to look, you can spawn the merchants like so:

Infinity Express - /spawnitem infinityexpress
    Penguin Bay - /spawnitem penguinbay
    Terramart - /spawnitem terramart
    Treasured Trophies - /spawnitem treasuredtrophies

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    MaRsHiN and SivCorp like this.
  14. MaRsHiN

MaRsHiN Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys. I created the item website.

The past week or so the site really started gaining some traffic so I started paying more attention to it and updating it more often. Instead of using the JSON file I moved everything to an actual database. I haven't been pulling the items from the nightlies only because the process isn't very streamlined yet and usually takes a good amount of time to update everything.

One of my biggest concerns is I could be missing a lot of items in that list. So far there's roughly 4,500 items but I have a feeling there could be much more. Since the item files vary in what data they contain it gets a little tricky.

Soon I hope to have this process down and accurate. Any help is greatly appreciated! Just throw it in a pull request or open up some issues with suggestions. Even if it's generating a new JSON file I can use that to update the database.

Blake81 and ejh1990 like this.
  15. ejh1990

Oh, awesome. I didn't quite know who it was here that made the item website. So now that I know it's you... Thanks for the awesome site! :D

With regards to the data for the site are you sticking with the same basic info? xxxxxName, shortdescription, description? Or are you planning something more grand? Also, are you wanting to continue to include particles and weather in the database? If you are I will need to take a look at how they are constructed and adapt my process of extracting the data accordingly. :p

Also, suggestion: Perhaps have two databases, one for the latest stable and one for the nightly. Then underneath the search box have a tick box for include nightly items. This would allow you to keep the items from stable, er, stable. And then there's not as much pressure to keep the nightly items 100% up-to-date. :)

16. MaRsHiN

No problem! I was messing around with StarCheat and didn't know the names of items to add so that's when I decided to quickly make the site to use. I didn't know it would actually be useful for more than a handful of other people.

Right now I'm not doing much filtering on what's being included. All it needs is a name and it gets thrown into the database. I really should sit down and figure out what's not needed and throw that out. I've thought about including all the data on each item for future use. Maybe as an api for other apps to pull info from. One thing I'm currently working on is including the item icons in the list. Filtering those out is harder than I first thought though!

Great suggestion! Sounds like the perfect way to handle stable vs nightly. I'll work on getting that added in there.

ejh1990 likes this.
  17. ejh1990

For the purposes of generating some JSON, would you like to continue to include particles etc.? Also, with regards as to what is needed or not I would say it depends on the individual. For some people spawnable items is all they're after. For others, including particles may be of great use. And that actually brings me on two another suggestion.

Suggestion the second: Add a column to the database tables called something like "family". The categories could be something like items, objects, and materials. And if you wanted to include particles, that too. This would be another way for users to better filter items. Moar tick boxes to filter queries, because tick boxes are awesome. :)

If I may ask (and sorry if this seems a tad nosey), how is it that you are extracting the data and relevant icons? :p

And finally, tagging you @SivCorp because @MaRsHiN has updated the site to work with nightly stuff, so it might be useful to now include it in OP. Up to you. :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  18. MaRsHiN

I think if we filter it with categories then including particles would be okay.

Right now I've made a script that unpacks the assets to a temp folder then finds all of the files in it. For now, if the file can't be parsed into JSON (png/wav) then it gets skipped. After parsing the file I look for the keys I need:
    • Name - which can be "name", "objectName", "itemName", etc
    • Description - doesn't always exist, sometimes have to use human description
    • shortDescription - sometimes also called shortddescription. Yeah, two d's
    If I end up not finding a description/shortdescription then I just leave it blank. So I take those keys and create a new hash out of them which gets added to an array. After going through all the files I just convert the array of new hashes into a JSON file. Now that I've added the database at the backend I need to insert any newly found items. It's almost faster to drop the entire table and recreate it.

Later on if this grows into something useful like an api endpoint I'll need to be more careful about dropping tables since the ID's will need to stay the same.

I think for images I need to filter out any large images (some are sprites and not really icons) and match them up with the item. What I've been toying with is cleaning up the what would be the item images into a single folder then parsing the item files and checking to see if the icon name in the file matches an actual icon in the folder. There's usually a good amount that some how go missing.

SivCorp and ejh1990 like this.
  19. FlamingBurrito

FlamingBurrito Big Damn Hero

for some reason, i dont start in admin/godmode and i dont know how to change to admin/godmode :wtf:

20. SivCorp

Type in the chat window - /admin 1 - to enter admin mode. (no "-" just the "/" )